- The conference space was spacious.
- The banquet staff was generally polite and helpful. When we asked for extra chairs and stairs for the risers they were provided promptly. They also kept the trash cans from overflowing despite us constantly needing to use them to throw away food containers.
- They let us bring in outside catering.
The bad: Where do I start?
- Despite having floor power sockets all over the place, we were told none of them actually worked and we had to pay them to run extension cords from a central power station. We were told several they were 20 amp lines but they were clearly only 15 amp lines. We didn't actually NEED more than 15 amp lines, but they shouldn't tell us things that aren't true.
- The tables they provided were old and in terrible condition. One of them collapsed, dumping a TV on the floor and breaking it. It wasn't even a heavy TV!
- The risers we requested were also in terrible condition, including missing screws, exposed splintered wood, and bent metal frames.
- The hotel staff kept coming in and adjusting the thermostat in the conference space to "sub-arctic" for no reason.
- The AV/network staff member for the hotel was rude. Knowledgeable and competent, but rude.
- Despite having two conferences next to us that had music somewhere this side of "the bass is rattling my teeth", we got noise complaints because somebody was yelling a bit too loud.
- Refrigerators and microwaves missing from several rooms, and only replaced the day after most attendees had left.
- Several broken bathroom doors.
- Housekeeping failing to keep the rooms clean and/or replace towels in a timely fashion.
- We were promised free breakfast for the attendees but since it never actually got written into the contract for some reason they didn't actually provide it.
In short, if all you need is a large banquet hall, then this might be suitable for you. Expecting anything more than that is probably a waste of your time and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center hotel has undergone a full sleeping room and public area renovation, complete September 2011. Located 15 minutes from Denver International Airport and minutes from great shopping, dining and entertainment at Northfield Stapleton, shuttle service is provided complimentary. The hotel features 84,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including an impressive 60,000-square-foot Convention Center that accommodates as many as 4,000 guests and offers planners an 8' wide x 18' tall access door for heavy machinery and vehicle displays. Additionally, the hotel offers 1200 complimentary parking spaces and complimentary shuttle service to and from Denver International Airport. The hotel has earned a Meeting Service Excellence Ribbon from surveyed meeting planners who have held events at the Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport. With the ability to fly to Denver International Airport in 2 - 3 hours from anywhere in the country and easy access on I-70 or E - 470, this suburban Denver hotel and convention center is ideally suited for annual conferences of any kind. The hotel is centrally located between Downtown Denver, Denver International Airport and Buckley Air Force Base and is a short car or shuttle ride from the Rocky Mountains. Industries that are concentrated in the area include Aerospace, Military, Agriculture, Sustainable Energy, Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Technology. Also, Anschutz Medical Complex is just a few mile from the hotel and a shuttle is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Denver International Airport Hotel Denver
- Denver Crowne Plaza