“Beautiful Hotel”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #44 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We booked our rooms at half price through an internet discount and were not disappointed. Gorgeous hotel, valet area is very small. Got a free beer and free coffee at the bfast buffett. The breakfast buffett was ok, but we wanted a real breakfast so went down the street but enjoyed the free coffee. Room was great, clean and roomy (king suite). However, there was no fan in the room and the front desk was unable to provide one. The pillows were extremely firm so our necks kind of hurt the next day, but the beds were more comfortable than I thought they would be. Nice velvet curtains to drown out light as well. Great location, they stowed our bags the next morning after checkout so we could go roam around for a while, which was awesome.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,793)

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Wonderful service, amenities, and gorgeous suite. The suite was so huge and plush, and the fireplace suite was just about as romantic as it could get.

Reviewed 12 March 2011

I've never written a review, negative or positive, but had to for this hotel. Love the room, location and the staff is very helpful. What you get for the price is excellent. It is also one of the most quiet hotels in which I have ever stayed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 11 March 2011

My stay was 2 nights. I am not very familiar with the Denver downtown area, but was able to navigate easily to all my business and entertainment destinations easily from the hotel. My room and all its appointments were excellent. The staff were very helpful and knowledgable. The common areas were all clean, spacious, and attractive. The complementary breakfast was one of the best I have ever experienced in every way.

I did not extensively compare prices with other downtown Denver Hotels, but nonetheless felt that I believed excellent value for the price. I will definitely consider the Magnolia Hotel on future trips to downtown Denver.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2011

having a fireplace room was nice but not worth the extra and it filled the whole suite with a gas smell, had to open the windows. absolutely perfect other wise

Reviewed 8 March 2011

We went there for our 42nd anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of our suite and how nice it was. When we arrived in our room the fireplace was on as well as our TV. Denver is a great city for good restaurants and walking around and the Magnolia is in a great location. The hotel has a happy hour from 5:30 - 6:30 and then they have cookies, milk, and coffee from 8 til 10 pm which was a very nice touch. The next morning we had a very tasty complimentary breakfast in the same beautiful, cozy room that we were served the cookies and milk the night before. All in all it was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. I can't see how anyone would be disappointed in this hotel.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I booked this hotel based on good reviews I read. The room itself was clean, but there were a few things that ruined it for me. First being, a maid knocked on our door at 9 AM and asked if we were going to be checking out soon. A little annoying considering check out was at 11 AM. Breakfast was available until 10 AM, we being our journey downstairs at about 9:15, waited over 15 min (not kidding) for an elevator, they were all full. We decided to take the stairs which were a maze, ended up not able to find the staircase that went to the first floor. I know it sounds nuts but seriously this place is old and it was a maze. Got back to an elevator on floor 2 and waited another 10 mins! It was ridiculous. When we got down to breakfast at about 9:40...there was NO food left. A couple dried up bagels (no cream cheese). It was very dissapointing considering I booked this hotel based on good reviews and the included breakfast. Good thing a bruegger's was across the street.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
MagnoliaVPSales, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Thank you for your honest feedback and our team will look into your concerns immediately. It is certainly not indicative of how the hotel operates and we will certainly review our internal procedures and make any necessary changes. We do value your opinion and hope you return again soon.