“Romantic evening and more!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #46 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 31 July 2011

For our 17th wedding anniversary, we used a Groupon we purchased in March for the Magnolia Hotel. I expected a nice room and hidden charges. What a surprise.
When we checked in, the clerk noticed we had a bottle of wine and offered us a corkscrew - how nice to have a service person be so observant.
Our room was a suite! Gas fireplace in the sitting room with a flat screen tv; bar area had a refridgerator, bar sink, wine glasses - the works. The bathroom had a beautfiul tub/shower as well as a modern counter and sink. the bedroom had view of downtown Denver, flat screen tv, king size bed.
It was a wonderful evening and what perks - in the early evening there was a cocktail reception in the lounge and then between 8 and 10pm there were cookies and milk!
Upon checking out, the only thing we owed were taxes and the valet parking charge.
We would definitely go back and I am going to keep my out out for another Groupon!

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was fabulous. The light-rail system ran up one street, but we were on t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,798)

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I looked on line for a hotel in Denver! I actually wanted one with a nice big bathtub. The Magnolia Hotel came up. I read many reviews and wasn't so sure after I read them. Said the hotel was noisy and staff not very helpful. Rooms not cleaned, and beds not so good and other things. I actually called the Hotel directly and told them what I had read and actually got a better deal then I would have if I would have gotten it threw a cheap hotel sight! The rooms were very nice and we had no problems. The Bed was very comfortable. The room was like an apartment. Very nice! Perfect for walking down to the 16th street mall. We did not park our car with them but drove around to find a cheaper place across the street to park. Totally recommend that to everyone!
Only bad was that I forgot my phone charger and I had only gotten to the car and turned around to go back in and they had already gone threw my room. hmm Why so fast I am not sure. My phone charger was gone but I did end up getting it back. They had to search for it. So be sure and double check your room before you leave!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Very nice hotel with very helpful staff. Most convenient location (a block away from free shuttle up and down downtown and in front of transit trains). Excellent breakfast. If you self park, there is also a public parking garage a block away that has better overnight rate.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Overall, my stay at the Magnolia was nice.
Pros of my stay:
*Staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants, shopping, etc
*Beds were very comfortable
*Room had nice darkening shades
*Milk & cookies from 8-10 every evening
*Great location--only a block from 16th St. Mall and many businesses in the area

Cons of my stay:
*Room cleanliness could improve but was not awful (staff could have taken garbage out on a daily basis, put away iron, ironing board, cleaned water spots on desk)
*Quality of food at Continental breakfast was just OK (eggs, sausage, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, hot tea)
*Internet was very difficult to connect to (no wireless)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Staff are all nice, friendly and helpful. Decor is cool. Breakfast buffet was good in terms of selection and quality. Night time cookies were a great touch and very tasty. The hotel bar/restaurant is a little small but there are lots of restaurants near by. The lounge area where breakfast, evening reception and cookies are served is a great space (complete with water/rock garden)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is in an old building (which you can see mostly on the elevators), with very nice design elements in all areas like rooms, lobby and bar. The service is friendly - even someone to hold the door for you which I did not really need. They offer free beer in the afternoon and milk and cookies in the evening, which is a nice touch.
The hotel is right at the 16th Street Mall, so to go to LoDo or to the cultural center, all you need to do is hop on the free shuttle bus.
What I did not like all that much was breakfast - officially, it is available until 9am, but already 15 min before that, the staff starts to put things away, so that at 9 sharp, nothing is left. Since the hotel is not exactly cheap, I found that not very service minded.
Also, the bar (Harry's) was cooled down to fridge temperatures so lingering was not encouraged.
Rooms are small but nicely furnished, and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was my second time to stay at the Magnolia Hotel Denver in 2011. The room was spacious and comfortible. The staff was very helpful when I had questions. Breakfast was very good. The hotel is near many restaurants and stores for shopping.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business