“Excellent Hotel in Great Location”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #42 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This contemporary hotel offers great service. The stylish interior and spacious room (including bathroom) surprised me. The hotel is in a great location next to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, which offers many shopping and dining opportunities. The room was nicely appointed, and the King bed was very comfortable. The in-room coffee helped me get started in the morning, and the breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) was great to send me on my way. The evening happy hour was nice, and the night-time cookies were nice. Overall, the hotel is very nice, offers great service, and is a good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Denver

Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed in a king suite with a fireplace. The room was gorgeous, the robes were luxurious, and the staff service was outstanding! The downtown location was incredibly convenient!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The entire staff in every department were very friendly and helpful to make our family event special and memorable. Rooms are clean and well designed for comfort. Receptions, breakfast and cookie bar are great value for guests. Great location for walking the Mall and access to restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Kitchen in suite a little dated but overall very nice stay

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I spent three nights at the Magnolia for a meeting at the Convention Center which was a short four-block walk. The lobby was nice and the staff accommodating and friendly. Cookies were available nightly but happy hour was not to be as there was a private party going on Friday night. Breakfast, included with the room, was nice and the staff let me eat 15 min early one am as I had to get to my meeting by 7 am. Even got me a large to-go coffee cup. My room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The wi-fi was great and I had no problems from the 9th floor. Unfortunately, I had a room with a large a/c unit over the bed; this was very noisy at night. Hard to sleep. I think the staff would have let me change rooms just that I didn't remember about this until I was dead tired and in bed. The lighting system was odd; the bathroom lightswitch was in the bathroom so I had to feel around to turn this on. Also, there was no light in the closet and the hall light was weak; it was difficult to see myclothes in my suitcase which I had laid on the rack in the closet. Finally, I did use the exercise room and this was very nicely appointed. Overall, the hotel experience was very good and I think the staff tried hard to make my stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Want a room without the a/c unit over the bed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel and the room were gorgeous. I loved how we were in walking distance to several restaurants and bars. If the accomadations weren't worth it alone, the amenities would tip the scale. Who doesn't love a free happy hour and then bedtime milk and cookies? The staff was friendly, attentive and very helpful. I'd definitely love to stay there the next time I'm in Denver!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Get suites for the price in downtown Denver. The staff was friendly and courteous. The suite was very clean and cozy. Definitely a great place to stay, and I'll stay there again the next time in Denver.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Denver hotels
Central Business District
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown
Central Business District
Residence Inn Denver City Center

Been to Magnolia Hotel Denver? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnolia Hotel Denver

Address: 818 17th St, Denver, CO 80202-3101
Region: United States > Colorado > Denver > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#21 Luxury Hotel in Denver
#24 Family Hotel in Denver
#27 Romantic Hotel in Denver
#28 Business Hotel in Denver
Price Range: £128 - £380 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Magnolia Hotel Denver 4*
This downtown Denver hotel features guestrooms and suites ideal for corporate and leisure travelers that desire a location walking distance to attractions including the Denver Convention Center, 16th Street Mall, Union Station, Coors Field, and all of downtown's restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Magnolia Hotel Denver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Denver Magnolia Hotel