“Excellent”

Ranked #38 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Centennial, Colorado
“Excellent”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent location and exceptionally clean. The rooms were a bit warm but the AC was awesome. Superb jetted tub...Loved this place. I would recommend it to everyone. The bar and restaurant in the hotel served ice cold beer and fresh food that was a hit for us both.

Room Tip: If they are all like the one we had then you are good to go..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Hey AJ,

Listen! You didn't have to review your stay with us, but you did.
Well, we wanted to thank you for it.
Our attentive staff, cold beer, and the super jet tub will always be here for you.

Continue being awesome.

Best,
Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
phoenix
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our first visit to Denver at this hotel. We were celebrating our anniversary and the location of Magnolia made it simple for us to explore the city.
We also chose this hotel apart from the big chains around the vacinity because it was in a historic bldg and has a certain hip vibe.
From the moment we arrived we saw a wedding party and it was great to see a fun group getting ready to enjoy themselves.

Located on 17th St, it's close to 16th St Mall. But there are other great places to walk and discover in the Downtown area or you can even use the hotel shuttle to drop you off at a place to dine / shop with the help of their fantastic concierge Erin.
We became fast friends with Erin and had her help make reservations for meals or directions to visit other parts of the city.

Even Jordan at the Valet gave us his wonderful suggestion for a pizza place, which we found to be our best pizza dinner in Denver.

Our standard king room on the 12th flr was clean and perfect to relax. We really are not fussy and appreciate a hotel that has their staff looking after it's guest. Which is what Magnolia had done.
We have stayed in hotels that pride in spotless rooms but somehow lack genuine personality in their staff and we never return. But as for Magnolia in Denver everyone went out of their way to help.

Breakfast buffet was great with a generous selection. When we asked where the milk was, the server walked us over and even poured a glass for us instead of pionting.

Happy hour was great to visit too because it gave us a chance to sample the beers from the local microbrews before heading back out after freshening up.

And on our last evening, we got to splurge on the milk and cookies they provided before 10pm...yum.

We are certainly staying here again on our next visit to Denver.

• Stayed November 2013
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I'm going to have to ask Jordan about that pizza spot... We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!
Loveland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I love this place, every time I go to Denver this is where I stay. The rooms are beautiful and the location is great! I was very upset this last time I went because I had noticed a charge to my bank account that I didn't authorize. Apparently, while I was walking around Downtown and enjoying dinner and a show I was also in my room ordering an adult entertainment package on the tele which was $34.99......not my thing and I wasn't in the room. So when the man who answered the phone asked me how it wasn't possible I didn't order it I asked how it was possible that I did since I was out! Then he asked me to hold on, came back to the phone and told me he would credit my account, I said "ok", he said "yup" and then hung up on me. I thought that was quite rude and now he's earned his hotel a bad review. Bad service, bad review......customer service is huge for any company and everyone should know that! Thanks M!!!!

2 Thank laurenhol
Dear Lauren,

First off, we want to thank you for your returning business, that's good news. Secondly, we want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This review will help us to improve customer appreciation and satisfaction. We're glad to hear that the charge did not go through, and have addressed the above mentioned telephone conversation, with the appropriate parties.

Thank you for your review and for offering us an opportunity to make our already great services, even better.

Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from a one night visit in Denver. I cannot say anything bad about the Magnolia! The location was perfect- so close to anything we needed or wanted to do. So much shopping right around the corner! The room was beautiful and bed so comfortable. The fireplace was a beautiful centerpiece to the cozyness of it all. The staff were all so nice and went over and above to make our stay so perfect. The cookies and milk at bedtime were my husband's favorite but mine was the bottle of champagne- thank you Erin! Thank you all and we will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Beautiful view from upper floors and no street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Ryan E, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I think you brought that LA weather with you. We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We'll post Last Minute Deals and updates to our social media. We hope to see you again!
facebook.com/MagnoliaHotelDenver
twitter.com/MagnoliaDenver
Colorado
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We wanted a one-night anniversary getaway and chose Magnolia Hotel Denver based on reviews and pricing. We were very happy with our choice. We stayed in a Signature King Suite and had more than enough room for the two of us.

Pros:
The concierge was incredibly helpful in getting us reservations at Rioja which is usually completely booked. She told Rioja we were celebrating our anniversary and they were able to move us to a table with a view of Larimer Street which offers great people watching. When we checked in, the person at the desk congratulated us on our anniversary. Finally there was a bottle of chilled Cava, compliments of the concierge, waiting for us when we arrived in our room. I can't say enough about how impressed I was by that.

The person in charge of the valet stand was very friendly even though the area was very busy with guest arrivals. He offered use of the hotel car if we needed any local transportation and since we thought it would be nice not to have to walk, we reserved a ride for that night even before checking into the hotel. Valet for the night is $28, but we knew that before arrival, so it was an expected additional charge.

Check in, and out was fast and easy.

Our suite was very sizable, in that it has a useable kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There was also a dinning table that seat 8 and a large sofa and chair in the main tv room. The bedroom was a little tight around the king bed, but nothing to complain about. The bathroom was big enough for two people to get ready in at the same time although there are not double sinks.

I liked the modern décor of the hotel and our suite.

Cons:
It was fairly noisy in our room. We had an end unit and a suite, so could not hear anyone in the hallway, but noise travels up the interior atrium. We were awakened around 0200 by a loud group of people and then again around 0300 by another (or the same) group being loud downstairs.

The shower, while hot, did not have enough water pressure.

My wife said the toilet paper was worse than the cheap paper they buy at her office.

Overall I would highly recommend the hotel based on the value, friendliness of the staff and the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us. We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here for our last night before flying home to the UK. The staff were very helpful and welcoming at check-in, the room was lovely, spotlessly clean and well decorated. Comfy bed enabled a great night's sleep, and the included breakfast was wonderful - lots of choice and a pleasant dining area. Starbucks right next door, with a discount for hotel guests.
The location is FANTASTIC! Right off 16th St Mall, you can easily walk to lots of shops, cafes, and cultural sights. We will definitely be staying here again next year when we return to Denver.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We know how important a good night's sleep is before you skip back over the pond. We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you again!
Holly, Michigan
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Good thing I was by myself as my room was small. If my wife was with me we would have had to move as there was no room for more than my meager assortment of grooming tools. Just enough room to walk around the beds. I was surprised that the free happy hour had good beer coors and kilihans. Room was quiet thanks to courtyard windows but no view whatsoever. One bed rock hard the other soft. First time Tripadvisor reviewer ratings let me down. Room 1233.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi codespewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback gives us insight into ways we can improve customer experience and service. So the free happy hour was a smash hit, and the room was nice and quiet, but it's size left you wanting more? Duly noted.

We'll take these notes and work to make your stay that much more enjoyable.
Thank you for being a part of what makes us better.

Regards,