“Denver Magnolia”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 16 February 2014

If you are looking for accommodations that are in the heart of downtown Denver, this is the place for you. Very family friendly, warm cookies and milk in the evening and the best complimentary breakfast anywhere. Another plus is if you use valet for your car and don't want to take your car out, the Magnolia has free shuttle to any destination you are requesting (within so many miles out of downtown) but no one I know offers that. The rooms are everything you need and the beds are the best. My husband is very picky about the pillows and always packs his own. He happen to forget his and was very happy with the pillows and bedding. Loved it!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and very quiet. Nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear eliza s,

It's those little victories. The picky-pillow victories that we'll remember. Thank you SO MUCH for writing about your stay with us and we hope to do it all over again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Let met set some context.

Me: Frequent business traveler. Status at Starwood and Hyatt. Almost never write reviews. Prefers self-service and rarely asks hotel staff for anything. I expect quick service and things done right.

Founder of a startup. Landed a large account in Denver and stayed in different hotels in the area to evaluate future options for myself and my employees.

Hotel Magnolia, Denver - Terrible experience. Definitely not in contention.

Good: Free Happy Hour, Breakfast, Car Service, and Cookies.

Bad: A lot of the staff. However, check-in night staff 2/11 super friendly.

Bad Experience 1.
Confirmed SUV for myself and clients for 7:35pm with headcount. At 7:35 after spending $200 at the bar, I was embarrassed in front my clients and told that there was not enough room.

Bad Experience 2.
Had a large table at Harrys with 7 people. Service was slow and pretty cold despite the fact that we had corporate money to spend.

Bad Experience 3.
Check-out on 2/12 at 9:03am. The front desk staff (yes just one person during check-out primetime) was a unprofessional plain and simple. She had no respect for a queue and serviced folks that just simply walked up. When I mentioned my frustration, she was very cold and unfriendly. No smile, no courtesy, no thank you. She tried to brush me away as quickly as possible and refused an invoice. Even after I asked twice.

Experience 3 was the straw that broke the camel's back. I expected better. They will not earn my business or my clients'. Their loss.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank prolificed
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear prolificed,

Thank you for you review. Your review balanced the things you found up to snuff, and the things you felt needed improvement. Where possible, your concerns have been addressed, and we thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is our second time to stay here. I signed up for emails after the first time so I am always up on specials. One special recently had the Suites on sale so we booked a Fireplace Suite and made plans to go to Denver. It was a lovely room and especially nice if you want to bring leftovers home or even whip up some snacks since there is a kitchen.
We mainly took day trips from Denver during this stay so it was great to have a hearty breakfast before we left each day. Plus if we made it home in time- after noon cocktails.
All the staff is just great but I would have to give props to the servers at breakfast and during the cocktail hour. They are always busy and keeping on top of things and keep the tables clear and clean. Plus- they have a wonderful attitude. I am sure the front desk staff does at well- but you really interact with this group more.
Again- just a wonderful stay. We did use the courtesy car and that young man was very helpful also.

Room Tip: Sign up for their emails for great last minute deals.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey MLHDallas_TX,

Props to you for giving props where due! We love our staff, from management down, and it's so awesome to hear a guest reiterate something we're constantly saying behind the desk, every individual employee is indispensable in making the Magnolia experience happen. We're so glad you found us hard at work - and we look forward to providing you that same level of service the next time you stay with us -

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was my second time here, and just as pleasing as the first. We had a suite with a fireplace, which was lovely since my husband hates to watch TV from the bed. The location can't be beat - just steps from 16th St. and the free tram. Parking is expensive, but that's the price for staying downtown. The breakfast was very good, and the personnel friendly and helpful, including housekeeping. Next time I go to Denver I'll certainly stay here again - it's now my "go-to" hotel in Denver.

Room Tip: Go for a suite!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hey NMTaosena,

Your review was a wonderful thing to read first thing this morning, and I shared it with the staff. We're so happy we're your "go-to" and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We recently visited Denver for a 3 day weekend and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of service and the amenities received while staying at the Magnolia Hotel Denver. From the moment that we pulled up to the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff. The front desk gentlemen, I forgot his name was very courteous and genuinely interested in making sure all our needs were met.

Our suite was beautiful. we enjoyed having a fireplace in the living area and the kitchenette was useful. The room as very nicely decorated with modern furniture, with suttle hints of the city's history. Breakfast was included; However, if you wait to have breakfast you may have to get creative as to where to sit, as there seemed to be a need for additional tables, at least on the weekend.

Hats off to a gem in downtown Denver!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey Jopadilla,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your review was specific as to the things you enjoyed, and it helps us improve our already elevated standards of service. Thanks for making us better and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a perfect location, with lovely doormen, welcoming and helpful desk clerks, unbelievable included amenities, a fabulous bar/restaurant, unbelievable location to Starbucks, gorgeous rooms and bathrooms and the most lovely common areas. I love it here and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

I just noticed Sarahkha's review. Honestly, that person is not talking about this hotel. it has to be a mistake or a review from a competitor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Remington1LakePlacid
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hey Remington1LakePlacid,

Well aren't you just the sweetest little reviewer! If I had diabetes I would be afraid to respond to such a sweet review. But since I don't I want to say we thank you for taking the time to review us and for even looking into other, less favorable reviews. Each of our guests are different and have different requirements, it's not for us to judge, only for us to show and prove that we are the best and keep everyone happy. You - keep us happy. Your review has been shared and we hope to have you back again soon - till then,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We really enjoyed the convenience of having a king suite to put our little one to sleep while we stayed up. We also loved the convenience of not having to leave the hotel for cocktails, cookies, and breakfast. It was very close to everything downtown and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristin D

Hey Kristin D,

The little one! We're so happy you found yourselves well appointed and taken care of. We look forward to doing it again - till then,

All our best,