“Great location and great hotel!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #35 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Basalt, Colorado
“Great location and great hotel!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here while attending a seminar - and booked it for it's great location and walking distance to seminar. Was impressed with customer service, ease of use and overall comfort, cleanliness and convenience. I didn't use many amenities but grabbed dinner at Harry's, which was great, with cool decor and atmosphere. Would recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hey Kelly,

Thank you kindly for staying with us, reviewing it, and being awesome. Next time you're here you gotta get these amenities - we love giving people stuff. Till next time -

Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Loved the showers--perfect water pressure and heat made for a great start to the morning! Hotel staff was very friendly, especially the valet. Special touches like a late night cookie/milk bar, cocktail hour,and free wifi and breakfast all made for a more relaxing stay. If you're in Denver and looking for a great location and comfortable and fun stay--stay here.

1 Thank megan w
Hey Megan,

Reviews like yours are why we do what we do here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and next time you're in town, let's do it again.

Best,
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here while working in Denver. I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff was awesome and the room was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. It was really clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and had a lot of choices. I will stay here again.

Hey Wade,

We're so happy we got to make your first night in Denver an enjoyable one. Keep us in mind for the next trip - all that awesomeness will be here.

PA
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I researched the hotels in Denver for this trip. Magnolia had 4.2 stars. We were fooled by some over the top reviews, This is our experience. We arrived Friday night. The desk clerk was milling about the front desk not looking up. I waited for about 5 minutes. Then he recognized a female was standing there to the side of me. Instead of asking who was next he immediately asked what she needed. She needed another room key. He gave her another key to try and made some small talk, lingering. Then he went back to having his head down. I'm directly in front of the counter. I asked if I could check in now. He mumbled that the computers were down and it be a few minutes. He milled about some more behind the desk area and to the side door. When he returned, and without looking up or at the computer he says something like "okay, I'm ready."
This was about the rudest person I've ever witnessed in the hotel industry. I didn't get his name, but he was a rather larger fellow, rotund, with a shaven head.

During the check in I asked him about parking. He said it was 26 per night to valet. I told him this was not on the website when I reserved the room. He said that there was other parking, but he wasn't sure of the rate.. saying something like "maybe 20 dollars" "but don't quote me on that." Then he hands me the keys without explaining where anything is located. I ask him about the breakfast and he says "oh, yes I'll tell you all about the free things" and something like "we have breakfast in the morning from 7-10...okay?" I say fine and head out to park the car.
The room we find walking up and down the narrow hall. We noticed some of the numbers are not in sequential order (strange). The room is dark. We turn on the lights and the walls are painted dark brown and light blue. There is dark furniture. The whole feeling is very drab and poorly lit. The bed was not comfortable at all and I thought this was supposed to be a boutique hotel?
We look around the room and find the bottled water with $5 stickers on them. That's about all the room offers..no cookies.

My wife slept on the couch since it was more comfortable than the bed. We awake and we go shower. The water pressure is so low we take twice as long to get the soap out of our hair. My wife is checking the Internet out and could not connect. She tried several times and gave up.

In the morning we go to the "free" breakfast. It was simple. Some quick cook eggs and mostly dry things to eat and some fruit.

1) discourteous front desk
2) expensive parking (not advertised or explained on web site)
3) dark drab room -colors
4) low water pressure showers
5) breakfast was not appetizing

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank acaros
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear acaros,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your concerns with staff, decor and breakfast have all been noted. We appreciate you helping us identify ways in which we can improve and look forward to having you back soon. Till then,

Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped in for a night with my wife and daughter. Staff was very helpful, never felt rushed, and provided me extra little tips for where things were and how to get there. We settled in with their complementary happy hour before walking out to the mall. Room was pretty quiet, we were on the inside overlooking the valet. Voices would carry up but it was quiet at night. Beds are comfortable, even the roll-away for my daughter. Nice living space for us to visit, and the room was clean. Won't comment on the kitchen as we didn't use it. No issues at all, would be on our list to return.

Room Tip: A little further from the elevator would be good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Explore_often
Hey Explore_often,

Awesome review, awesome guest. They always line up like that. Thanks for dropping us a line and we look forward to your next stay -

Colorado Springs
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and we had no issues at all. They had cookies and milk at night with a variety of choices, which was delightful. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal, delicious food that seemed quite fresh. Great location, right off of 16th St Mall. We would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah A
Hey Suzanne L,

If we could write reviews about guests, we would recommend you to every hotel. "She's nice with the reviews, realizes the benefits of location and amenities, and has great taste."
We give you 5 stars!
We hope to see you again soon - till then,

All our best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I visited Denver recently for a combination of business and pleasure. We opted for a king suite for us and a standard king for our adult daughter. Our suite provided a nice sitting area where we could all visit and a well-lighted work table for my husband. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were too big for my comfort. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The wine reception and the milk and cookies at night were a nice treat. The hotel is in a great location.The Magnolia provides all of the amenities but not the crowds you will find in the larger hotels.

1 Thank debbiturk
Hey debbiturk,

The combination business/pleasure trip. Excellent! Thanks for staying with us, reviewing the affair, and helping us identify what's working at Magnolia. Your concerns with too-big-pillows has been noted. We hope to have you and your husband/business partner back soon - Till then,