“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #38 of 157 Hotels in Denver
colorado
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were staying here as part of a wedding party. It was a very nice property, pulled up and the valet was most helpful in helping get our luggage (travelling with a baby-LOTS of stuff!).Chad at the front desk was very helpful in getting us into a room before check in time since the wedding rehearsal was that afternoon this was a life-saver! The room we had was quite small-functional but with a baby (again, tons of "stuff") we had things in every nook and cranny of the room. The beds were quite comfortable and the room we had was quiet, so our sleep quality was excellent. I also want to give kudos to Rose in housekeeping, she was a real gem! We were not leaving for a while, so she came in and refreshed the towels and took out the trash while I was feeding the baby. Of course anyone who makes my grandbaby smile is a keeper in my book! The breakfast buffet in the morning is extensive given it is included in the price of the room. However, there isn't a lot of seating space and we ended up sitting on couches both mornings. On the first morning, the orange juice was quite warm-I don't know if it had been out for a while or what--but warm orange juice just isn't what I want in the morning. Check out was good-very friendly front desk staff and the valets were always very helpful with directions and fetching items out of the car (diapers!) when needed. Just a couple of hiccups but I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
We're so glad we got to take care of you and the grandbaby! Thansk for staying with us and thanks for reviewing and your comments, both positive and constructive, have all been noted. We hope your next stay is even better, and the OJ is at the right temp. And if it isn't - let us know.

Till then,
Best,
Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Iowa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice surprise. We decided to call last minute and got a great price and an upgrade. This hotel s easy to unload luggage and has valet parking. Close to everything downtown. Walking distance to 16th st mall. Clean and modern. Free breakfast offered, but we walked to Snooze cafe. We were even granted a late check-out. Will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We love it when everything goes right! We're glad we got to take care of you guys and hope to do it again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

OK so to start out with full disclosure here, I had a hard time picking between the "poor" or "average" rating for this hotel. My biggest gripe is that this hotel isn't at all like it sells itself. The public areas are up to date and trendy. The furniture in the rooms are modern and clean. Yet the bathroom and kitchens haven't been updated since the 80's.
Everything is clean "enough" but just not inviting. We had to switch rooms after one night because the first room smelled and I woke up stuffy. I was hoping to get a renovated room ( pictures on Trip Advisor suggest some rooms are updated) but no such luck. The new room lucky smells better which helps make a much better first impression. Still the bathroom is older, I am interested to see if the bottom of this tub will be nearly as pliable as the last. I weigh about 110 soaking wet and I felt like the tub was going to break under my feet. Also the cleaning staff could use to wipe down the bathroom doors a bit, toothpaste splatter on a brown door isn't the best thing to see in a rather highly rated hotel.
I don't want to get too picky here but everything is just a little off. There was no full length mirror in my first room but there were screws coming out of the wall where one may have been. My second room is missing a towel hook from behind the bathroom door I can see holes where one used to be. The Wifi is pretty spotty but free. These little things just reinforce my feeling that very little care goes into this hotel.
I have been under the impression that Magnolia brand hotels were a well respected boutique brand but now I have serious doubts.
The staff has been courteous and helpful even with the move, which by the way seems to happen a lot at least that was the impression I got from the front desk. My only concern with the move was that they were supposed to call when my room was ready. Finally after walking around Denver for about 4 hours I decided to stop in at that time our luggage was already moved to our room, who knows maybe I just had good timing.
All and all I would recommend this hotel as a last resort. Or only if you get a super SUPER amazing deal on the room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tea12
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We use these reviews to enhance our services, and seeing as we're headed into a big renovation this year, this is proving that we're making the right move. We appreciate your staying with us and we know your next stay with us will be in-line with your original impression. We look forward to it.

regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a group of 14 guys, and we got 7 suites at the Magnolia. It was a great deal. The rooms were nice. Some of the rooms had a full (but old) kitchen with dishes, a dishwasher, and a stove, while others had a completely updated kitchen area with a small bar sink (but no stove, oven, dishwasher, etc).

The manager's happy hour is a great touch. I never was awake for the breakfast.

But overall, we had a great experience, and it was a great deal!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sounds like a great weekend! We're happy you were happy and we hope that your next stay is even better. Till then -

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Maybe it's because we'd been living in a car for 4 weeks or because the hotel we had already booked before that was so terrible that we had to ask for our money back, but when we showed up at the Magnolia at 7pm because we'd seen a last-minute deal online, we felt like we'd made it to Buckingham Palace. The wait service was INCREDIBLY helpful and kind, and after seeing our distressed faces, they upgraded us to a king-sized suite. The complimentary cookie bar was our favorite part, and the large breakfast was a close second. There was an plus-sized bath, a fire place, large windows with lots of light, and a soft robe available to add luxury to the room. It was perfectly located (only a block away from the main street with lots of places to eat). I suggest it for a nice, relaxing place to stay. We booked on expedia the night of, so, with the upgrade, we got about $100 off! Get there early, and there's a free bar/wine option in the really nice downstairs area with bar, library, and inside fountain.

Room Tip: rooms on the outside of the building aisle have better views and bigger windows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Every once in a while I'll read a review that makes me want to stay at my own hotel, and this was one of those! We're so happy that we give you that royal feeling and we hope the next time you stay with us, it's even more royaler....if I can use a made up word. And I will!

See you next time,

Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the Magnolia while we were in town to see some concerts at Red Rocks. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are adequate, and the bed was comfortable , although the linens were a bit on the rough side. The staff was very helpful with arranging transportation, providing options, and recommendations. We enjoyed the included breakfast buffet, which was quite good and provided plenty of options to satisfy most everyone. The hotel is one block off of the 16th St Mall, which provides lots of options for shopping, dining and people watching. We would certainly consider staying here again if/when we return to Denver.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellowhed68
Thank you for the well-balanced review and thanks for staying. We look forward to your next stay with us, no rough linens, and we hope it's soon.

Best,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My first stay at the Magnolia could have been a disaster as I discovered something was not quite right upon my arrival. A few quick words with the manager Jonathan put everything right as he lept into action to ensure my stay was perfect in every way. Thank goodness for motivated and capable managers who come to the aid of guests who expect the best from boutique properties. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for relating your story with us and thanks for choosing to stay. We hope your next stay is even better and we thank you for helping us identify ways in which we can ensure that happens.