“The Magnolia....A gem in the City!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia this past weekend for our 11th anniversary and I loved, loved the Hotel.
I usually stay in big named Hotels but came across the Magnolia on line and it seemed to have allot of charm and I loved the fact it is a historical Denver landmark. I decided to try it out and from the moment we pulled up to valet and I saw the outside seating lounge (very contemporary and sleek looking) and once I walked into the Hotel lobby I knew from the looks of the place I already liked it. Once checked in and we entered our suite and saw the amenities I was in love with it. The final test was the bed and all I can say is I have stayed in top five star Hotels around the world and the bed at the Magnolia was top notch. The complimentary cocktail hour and free HOT breakfast was just an added bonus. Needless to say choosing to take a chance on the Magnolia was the best decision we could have made. I love it and so does my husband, we will be back and I will definitely recommend it to family, friends and work colleagues in town on business.

In fact IM going to try and book the same suite on February!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed 22 January 2009

My fiance and I needed a hotel in Denver at the last minute. I did a few minutes of on-line searching and found this hotel. It didn't seem super cool (and frankly, wasn't)...but the rate was unbeatable and location seemed fine.

While I'm partial to very interestingly done design hotels...I'm also frugal. I didn't know anything about Denver and this hotel was just fine. The room was HUGE. It had a living room, kitchen area, nice bath and separate bedroom. All that, in a nice area, for about $140/night. Unreal.

I couldn't ask for anything more for the price. Cutting edge? No. But neither is Denver. Maybe there are cooler spots, but I doubt they are so reasonable and comfortable.

Reviewed 15 January 2009

We loved it here. Stayed three nights in a room on the eighth floor. The room was well decorated and very comfortable. We especially loved the fluffy bath robes, great pillows, "real" king size bed (not one made up with two singles), and daily happy hour. Breakfast, bedtime cookies and internet access was also complimentary. On the downside, the air con was a little noisy and the room did not have a fridge. Overall though, this hotel was exceptional value and we highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 December 2008

We were there for a company Christmas party. The food was the only good thing about our stay there. The room was very
small and the very noisy blower kept coming on all night long.. The bed was very uncomfortable. The windows were old and you could feel the cold air coming in. Poorly decorated rooms.
We would never recommend this hotel to anyone. We were put
in a room at the very end of the floor and we had to go a very long distance to get to the elevator. The only ice machine is on the first floor which was very inconvenient. The room was very poorly decorated including the bright comforter on the bed. In very poor taste. Who is the decorator of this hotel? It should be completely redone by someone who has good taste. The waterfall and stone wall on the lower level was about the only
neat thing about this hotel. The hotel check in took forever.
the guys at the door were friendly. The bums on the street were
begging for money and we didn't feel safe trying to get to the
hotel. Trying to get to the parking garage is a challenge. Trying to get out is even more of a challenge. We would not recommend this hotel. My back is still hurting from the bad bed there. The feather pillows were cheap and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Budman2
MagnoliaHotels, PR Director at Magnolia Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2009

I am very sorry to read this review and hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. I wanted to clarify a few points mentioned in your review. In July of 08, we announced completion of a $7 million renovation, covering the entire hotel. The room you stayed in was completely renovated, including the bathrooms (which you did not mention, but look fabulous with new oversize Kohler sinks, and new tile). Our guestrooms and suites are actually some of the largest in the city. We have ordered new bedding packages and some of the bedspreads/comforters have not arrived yet. The bedding, which you did not like, will soon look entirely different in a subtle shade of wheat with a teal accent throw. We pride ourselves in offering a very high-end bedding package including triple-sheeted blankets and 300-thread count sheets and both two down-fileld and two poly-filled pillows. The rooms all have new mattresses as part of the renovation. We offer a valet service, which to many, is the preferred method of parking since we are in a busy downtown location. I am surprised that you did not enjoy your stay and I hope you are able to come back and try The Magnolia again. If you would like to return, please contact me.

Reviewed 7 December 2008

The Magnolia is a nice hotel in an older building that's been well-renovated. My suite was spacious, nicely decorated, and had all the necessary amenities. The hotel also has a complimentary domestic beer/wine hour and free cookies in the evening. A free pool table was also a nice touch. The employees were all extremely friendly.

I thought I would be giving this hotel a four-star rating, but both nights I had to get up several times to adjust the thermostat. It is a primitive system that fails to maintain a constant temperature. Sometimes I would wake up in sauna-like heat. Other times it wouldn't come back on soon enough and I woke feeling like I was outside in the freezing cold. The second night was even worse when the heater went on the fritz at 2:30am. It began blowing in cold air which was even worse than it not working at all. I ended up turning it off and putting on more clothing before getting back into bed. So, despite the hotel's many good qualities, I would recommend staying elsewhere until they revamp their climate controls!

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank kongbooster
Reviewed 7 November 2008

Okay, first off, my review is of Magnolia's good customer service, etc.
I was supposed to stay there this week, but became ill and had to cancel my travel arrangements. I was disappointed, because aside from just wanting to make the trip, after reviewing their well designed web site, I was specifically looking forward to staying in this hotel.

I canceled after stated cancellation deadline, so the customer service person told me she would have to charge the fee, which is the first night's stay. I accepted this, but just asked offhand whether illness was enough cause for them to make an exception. Without any further questions, she said, "Sure, we can make an exception for that!" So, I wasn't charged anything. Now my only complaint is that I didn't get to stay in what my friends assure me is quite a nice place (our professional association had a reception in their lobby).

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank slomojo
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We booked our stay on the hotel's website, and were given a discount for reserving early. Our reservation was inadvertently cancelled by an employee on the day of our arrival, which was quickly taken care of by the front desk personnel. To compensate for the inconvenience, we were upgraded to a fireplace suite. Beautiful room, very spacious and well appointed. Really nice breakfast buffet available downstairs each morning. Hot food items, breads and cereals, fruit and beverages. The hotel is extremely convenient for foot travel all over downtown, with lots of amenities just minutes away. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business