Magnolia Hotel Denver
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,834 results
All reviewscookies and milkfireplace suiteharry's barhappy hourstreet mallwalk in closetbeer and winecocktail hourfree breakfastvalet parkinglight railseparate bedroomgreat downtown locationoatmealvalet serviceconvention centercoors field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Located on 17th and Stout, it is one block over from the 16th Street Mall & about 3 blocks from the Convention Ctr. Through an offer on their website, several of my colleagues and I were able to upgrade to a suite at no extra charge. The suites were spacious and the decor was contemporary.
They offer the following complimentary services: breakfast (cereal, toast, eggs, potatoes and sausage), beer and wine reception in the evening, and milk and cookies at night (choc chip, oatmeal raisin). They also offer a complimentary shuttle within 3 miles. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
If I have to stay in the Denver area again, I would definitely pick this hotel again.
My only suggestion would be to replace the Budweiser and Coors offered during the beer and wine reception with brews from the New Belgium brewery.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We were in Denver for an office function and stayed for three nights at the Magnolia. The hotel and staff were very good and I will definitely stay here again. We made use of the free shuttle to go to the Pepsi Center for a hockey game. The free breakfast is a big step up from what most hotels offer. We never made it to the free milk and cookie offerings but the happy hour was also great if you drink wine and/or beer.
We were upgraded to a king suite and the room was huge. Separate living/dining area and a small kitchen area with sink/microwave/coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable. Our room overlooked the center courtyard and it was very quiet. There was something going on (a wedding maybe) on the Saturday and we noticed that the lobby was quite busy around 4:00 with a line up at the reception desk and getting the car from the valet on Sunday did take a while but these were minor irritants

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We were in Denver for a wedding in late July and we stayed here for four nights. We were very happy with the choice. It has a beautiful exterior, and a very sleek/modern interior. The rooms were big and had good internet access and a big TV. The hotel gym was also nice.

The hotel's biggest selling point, however, is the location. It's right downtown and on a fairly quiet block, even though it's really just a few steps from a bunch of eateries and shops. And, if you go a little further, you'll find LoDo with all of its bars and restaurants. It's terrific.

(We also got a nice discount because our room was part of a wedding block)

The only minor complaint: the A/C was a little inconsistent and a little loud. But we got used to it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2009

If I could do this trip over, I would never stay at this hotel. It is located on a bus and light rail line so it was NOISY, the 2:30 am street level yelling drunk added to the ambiance. Just walking through the crowd of unsavory characters to reach the 16th street mall is an inner city challenge. The free continental breakfast was awful and they were obviously understaffed. Their perks of the free Happy Hour kept being moved to a very noisy, over-crowded bar. The staff was not friendly or competent. My friend and I tried to split the bill but that was beyond the front desk person. They charged my card twice and had my friend sign one copy. I am having an awful time trying to get my overcharge refunded.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia this past weekend for our 11th anniversary and I loved, loved the Hotel.
I usually stay in big named Hotels but came across the Magnolia on line and it seemed to have allot of charm and I loved the fact it is a historical Denver landmark. I decided to try it out and from the moment we pulled up to valet and I saw the outside seating lounge (very contemporary and sleek looking) and once I walked into the Hotel lobby I knew from the looks of the place I already liked it. Once checked in and we entered our suite and saw the amenities I was in love with it. The final test was the bed and all I can say is I have stayed in top five star Hotels around the world and the bed at the Magnolia was top notch. The complimentary cocktail hour and free HOT breakfast was just an added bonus. Needless to say choosing to take a chance on the Magnolia was the best decision we could have made. I love it and so does my husband, we will be back and I will definitely recommend it to family, friends and work colleagues in town on business.

In fact IM going to try and book the same suite on February!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple