“An awesome place to stay!!!”

Magnolia Hotel Denver
Ranked #35 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Alberta, Canada
“An awesome place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My husband and I are from Alberta, Canada and went to Denver to attend 2 Avalanche games. We are pretty fussy about what hotels we stay in as we consider it a treat and want a real "home away from home". I picked the Hotel Magnolia from reading various reviews online. When we arrived, the employee at the front desk upgraded us to a suite because we were staying for 6 nights. This was complimentary. We found the suite spacious, clean and very chique. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, the happy hour which gave complimentary draught and red and white wine, and the cookies and milk before bedtime. They also give complimentary high speed internet access. Alan, the consierge was sweet and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The location is unbelievable. You are right alongside the 16th street mall and close to all restaurants. We will definitely stay at the Hotel Magnolia again when we return to Denver!!! Keep us the great service!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I can safely say that I will stay at this hotel from now on whenever I visit Denver.

First, the prices were fantastic. $110/night for a suite, and then we got upgraded to essentially a one bedroom apartment.

Great staff, very accommodating. The free breakfast is OK, we ended up cooking our own a few mornings. The location to 16th street is ideal, even in the middle of a blizzard.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We only stayed one night here, but due to the location we were able to walk everywhere. Capitol building is very close and 16th street mall is one street over. They have a free shuttle that will take you where you want to go or you can use the mall street free bus. A short drive to the airport. Staff very friendly. The free wine/beer reception, milk and cookies and breakfast buffet made the stay even better. Rooms nicely decorated. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Colorado, USA
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We recently returned from a weekend stay in Denver. Having read the reviews here we booked a Saturday night stay at this hotel. We will definitely return here again. Location location location! Beautiful rooms. Excellent staff. Sweet touches such as the bedtime cookies and milk and happy hour. And a filling breakfast. I have stayed in Denver before and was very happy with my choices but this one is so special. They also have great deals. Thoroughly recommend - you won't be sorry. Oh and it is only a few blocks walk from the Brown Palace Hotel and not even a block from the free 16th St Mall shuttle bus and many great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francsico
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hip/happening hotel a couple of weeks ago while in downtown Denver.

Conveniently located right downtown, I would recommend the Magnolia to anyone - particularly those looking to avoid the corporate hotels that cater more to conventioneers. The only name badges you'll see at this hotel will be worn by the staff who were extremely polite and friendly.

I was also impressed by the complementary buffet breakfast. Be sure and get there at a decent time however, as they were running out of tables and of all things - eggs by the time we rolled in. They also have an evening wine hour and late night milk and cookies.

If you are trying to stay in shape, the Magnolia has a pretty good gym with a good set of dumbbells, several cardio machines and a decent weight set.

If you are ever in town, give this place a try.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while conducting business in the Denver area and was extemely pleased. I booked a free suite upgrade online and loved my room. It was more spacious than most 1 bedroom apartments I've lived in. I enjoyed the contemporary design and it was clean overall, but not spotless. The hot breakfast in the morning was so so, but the Starbucks coffees and teas put it over the top. There were two computers downstairs with free access to a printer, which was convenient and easy to use. Wireless internet was also available at no charge. The evening beer/wine reception and bedtime milk and cookes are also a nice treat. The staff was extremely competent and helpful, especially the concierge and valet staff. The hotel is just a short walk from Larimer Square, where you can find some excellent restaurants including Rioja, Tamayo, and Bistro Vendome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business and leisure travellers and would stay here again when I visit Denver.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I paid $89 for a suite with a king size bed that I booked through the Magnolia web site. It was great. The room and bed were very nice. I didn't want to pay $25 to park in the parking garage, so I parked at the nearest Denver Light Rail Park and Ride Station at 30th and Downing and paid the $2 to take the one mile train ride to within one block of the hotel. For the return trip, I had to walk one extra block to board the train. The Magnolia is one and a half blocks from the 16th Street Mall. On the Mall, we rode the free shuttle 6 blocks to the Cheesecake Factory for a nice dinner. Also from the hotel, we walked the three blocks to the Buell Theater to see The Phantom of the Opera. The free wine happy hour was nice. The free breakfast the next morning was excellent. The breakfast room was spacious, had a nice water feature, and had plenty of food, including hash browns, sausages, biscuits and gravy, and scrambled eggs.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple