“Badly Managed”

Ranked #124 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Vancouver, Canada
“Badly Managed”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. We got a good rate and things didnt appear that bad from reviews on other sites. When we got there at 3:30 we were told the room wouldn't be ready for another hour, check in is at 3pm. That wasnt a big deal, went off to get some food and see the Broncos stadium which is down the road. We came back at 5:20 and the room still wasnt ready, so we hung around for an additional 10 minutes in the lobby. Not the best start, but stayed optimistic. We walked through the hallway to the room and noticed it wasnt exactly in the best condition, still not a problem we weren't expecting the Fairmont. Once in the room we saw we had no fridge when our booking stated a fridge was included, now this was a bit of a problem as we had food that needed to be kept cold. Went to front office and the gentleman says all the rooms with fridges are gone, I made my claim for one and he said he will call housekeeping and get back to me. His name tag stated General Manager and he never called me back. Now that is poor form for the supposed General Manager. To make things worse we walked past house keeping and there was a fridge and microwave there. I can only assume that this phone call was never made. We ended up using the ice machine and putting it in our cooler to keep our stuff cold. The room itself was a good size even though it wasnt in the best condition but in all fairness the bed was very comfortable and we got 2 good nights rest. The continental breakfast wasnt exactly the best and they dont have boiling water on premises. I wouldnt stay here again as it left a bitter taste and its very run down but the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingPiglets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First off the staff was rude, not helpful. The place was dirty and deceiving. Our room was dark, dingy and crawling with bugs (earwings)!!! It was absolutely the worst place I've ever stayed! It gives me the creepy crawls taking about it. The neighborhood is not safe. We told the front desk about the bugs in the room and they gave us bug spray to spray ourselves. She also stated other rooms were having the same problem! She never offered to switch us to a different room, not that, that would make a difference! The hotel, if you want to call that, is nasty. And will give you nightmares, if not that you'll lose sleep from the bugs crawling around when the lights are turned off. If you see this place, TURN AROUND!!!!
It should be shut down!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Artistmeli
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for a few hours because i could not take no more. I walked in room and there were stains down the wall and behind the bed on the wall. The phone had so much dirt on it i could not punch the buttons. I went into the bathroom and the wood behind the sink faucets was water logged and there was something growing out of a hole there also. I took pictures of the filth. Spoke to management and he said he can not do anything but will give me 20% off if i return again. I said i will never come within 20 feet of the place. I filed a complaint with the health dept. This hotel should be torn down. They charged me for 2 people and only one person was registered.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rkauditor
Travellers also viewed these Denver hotels
Capitol Hill
Comfort Inn Central
#60 of 157 in Denver
Comfort Inn Denver East
#80 of 157 in Denver

Been to Traveler Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traveler Inn

Property: Traveler Inn
Address: 4765 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80211-1129 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Denver)
Region: United States > Colorado > Denver
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #124 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Traveler Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Traveler Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Denver