“Another great Hyatt”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ozona, Florida
“Another great Hyatt”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are staying here for the first time waiting for our morning flight back to Florida. Gorgeous modern decor room. Last time here we stayed at the Hyatt Regency down the street. This place is every bit as nice, but smaller and more intimate. Great local craft beers in the first floor bar. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Len V
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for the recommendation. We do hope you will choose Grand Hyatt Denver for your accommodations the next time you are in town.
Juhnna Fuller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The location of this hotel makes it a good place to stay in down town Denver. There is a Hyatt Regency within walking distance so it is important to distinguish Grand from Regency. ( A distinction I do not understand )

WI have stayed here many times before, but thankfully not during the actual refurbishing.

Everything inside the hotel is new and modern. The room furnishings would not have been my choice, but nobody pays me to select furniture or give decorating advice.

One new feature is motion sensors in the bed side pedestals and in the bathroom that switch on low level lighting. This makes moving around in the dark a lot easier and avoids the need to disturb anyone else by switching on lights.

The bathroom door now slides so it can be left open when not in use, which makes entering a lot easier. These small details do make the room more user friendly.

However the sink in the bathroom is on a pedestal and the instead of going wall to wall there is a gap of about 6 inches on either side, so it is easy to push things of the side.

I did not have an opportunity to check out the executive club, but it is in the same place and I suspect any changes were minor, but probably expensive.

I will be back the next time I have to stay in Denver

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. Grand Hyatt Denver strives to provide our guests with the comforts they would experience at home and I am pleased that we succeeded. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time while in town to attend the Cirque show and we were pleasantly surprised by the location and how cool the rooms were!
The staff was great, rooms were clean and modern and we loved the black out curtains and automatic lights in the room and bathroom.
We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank kristina m
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words and the recommendation. Grand Hyatt Denver strives to make you as comfortable as you would be in your own homes and I am glad we succeeded. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I dont agree the prior reviewer assesment, as my Gf and I had a great 3 night stay at the hotel. The room service was delish and available 24/7. The price for burger/sandwiches was quite reasonable. We even ordered dessert from the Bar 17 in the lobby and brought it up to the room. The room was remodeled in the newly accustomed modern Hyatt style. The staff in the lobby had great Reco's for hikes, restaurants, bars, and brewerys and the lobby bar had wine on tap along with Mixologists crafting up funky cool cocktails. Neat hotel and one we will return to when back in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view and a higher floor for a better landscape. Skip the valet parking as its ~$3...
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for the kind words and recommendation. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the new renovations and your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Grand Hyatt Denver.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Dear Grand Hyatt;

It's me, not you. It started with my having to circle the block to figure out the parking situation because your door staff were AWOL (probably at the convenient Starbucks next door since that's where he was the next morning). Your valet guy finally told me that you only have valet and that the door staff should have given me directions. My bad - I should have circled a couple more times and waited for their break to end.

I can see why you'd be embarrassed at your check-in area, hidden back there behind posts and tough to find. While we waited in line for the one available front desk clerk to ... check Facebook? ... we customers bonded over a discussion of the other front desk staff we could see chatting with each other and hot helping us. It was us, not you - we should be more patient!

Thanks, by the way, for the room next to the pool and behind the elevator. The "marko, polo" kids for an hour from 8 to 9 pm were a delight, if I liked kids. And a natural wakeup call at 5 am when the pool opened would have been fantastic, if I'd wanted to get up at 5 am. But with the elevator noise, I hadn't slept that well anyway so the wakeup wasn't abrupt. Thanks for that! But it prompted me to check-out 2 hours early and I got to my meeting early so thanks for that also! I did learn this morning that the front desk clerk should have told me about the elevator and pool room. My bad to not remind him about his various required duties.

Not having a full in-room book was actually much appreciated. Not having any restaurant information, and only having 2 pages of the room service menu made for an interesting chat with room service as she gave me a list of available choices. It was almost like having my own server right there listing the specials! (The food was good, by the way, so no complaints there). Besides - who needs choices, right? Our world is too complicated.

In sum, I won't be back. But it's me, not you. I'm just too used to a hotel that has its act together and difficult relationships make me a bit crazy. Maybe someday I'll lower my standards and consider another visit, but in the meantime - you should move on. I'll take my chances that you find someone new. Best of luck!

Room Tip: I'd wait to stay here until they get their act together. But if you do stay, make sure they don...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KevinBChicago
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Many thanks for staying at Grand Hyatt Denver and commenting on your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with our Doorman, check in, and the disturbances from the pool area. These issues you described certainly do not meet the high standards we set for ourselves. We take your comments very seriously and will use them to ensure our standards are being met. If you would like to speak with us directly, please feel free to contact us.
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I haven't stayed in a Grand Hyatt in a long time and I am very impressed. The room furniture is lovely and the bedding is excellent. Very modern hotel & lobby with amazing wall of gas fireplace over the bar. Has an outdoor track around a tennis court that is wonderful. Indoor pool. Staff is very hospitable. Location is great--walk to 16th st shopping mall or Larimer Street restaurants. Starbucks and FedEx Office downstairs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing the great comments about your stay at Grand Hyatt Denver. We strive to make every stay as comfortable as your home and I am glad we succeeded. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Grand Hyatt Denver.
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Must be paying for the downtown location! Wifi is substandard, pool so-so, parking obscenely expensive, and no free breakfast.
The hotel is very clean and neat, and the view from the room quite nice. Well kept and pleasant there, but just don't like getting nickle-and-dimed.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mjldly
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for sharing a few details of your stay with us. Please feel free to take advantage of the package rates that we offer to our guests. These packages can include breakfast as well as parking and internet. We hope to welcome you back in the future.