“Nice Hotel for a Business Trip”

Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown
Ranked #10 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marina del Rey, California
“Nice Hotel for a Business Trip”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for a business trip - the workshop was in the hotel. I thought it was in a nice location in downtown Denver - you can walk right to 16th street. I didn't rent a car and I didn't need one while I was there. My room was very nice and clean and quiet. I liked the motion sensor lights that would go on if you walked around the room at night. I thought all the staff I encountered were very accommodating. All in all, I thought it was a good hotel for a business trip in downtown Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at Grand Hyatt Denver.
Juhnna Fuller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Houston
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We come to Denver at least 6 times a year and always stay at the fabulous JW Marriott by the Cherry Creek Mall. This time we had a meeting downtown and had to stay at the Grand Hyatt. What a comedown! As most people do we asked to be upgraded and were told we don't qualify and I can't do anything for you!!! We were given a 'basic' room by the elevator. The room is ok. The refrigerator in the room was off. And the elevator noise was all night long. Would I recommend it? If you stay there - by the elevator, request ear plugs. Bring your own snacks - no sundry store in the lobby. Hope the receptionist in the lobby are more accommodating! Definitely Not Grand!

• Stayed September 2013
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We take your comments very seriously and will use them to evaluate that our high standards are being met. Thank you again for your feedback.
Connecticut
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The Hyatt had a great location, a very short few blocks to 16th street. We stayed on an upper floor, but really only had a view of parking lots. The room, however, was very comfortable, with some very cool features. When you rise during the night, night lights under the bed illuminate your way tastefully and without waking your partner. Nevertheless, this was the only hotel we stayed at during a fairly long vacation to Colorado that charged for WiFi, and which did not provide any type of breakfast (not really expected at a Hyatt, Starwood or Marriott property). But no newspapers either? The negative is that you really don't get much beyond the nice location and very comfortable room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased with the new renovation features and the ability to add on extra amenities that will make our guests stay more enjoyable. Please feel free to inquire about our package rates for your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Denver.
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a night before heading out to Boulder for work. The lobby and the rooms have a very nice finish out. The room was spacious and clean. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Parking is expensive but there are many options around the hotel if you do not want to use theirs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The Hyatt Grand beds are available for purchase through Hyatt at home. We look forward to welcomingyou back to Grand Hyatt Denver in the near future.
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hyatt in downtown Denver during business trip. The rooms are nice, beds are extremely comfortable. At my request, I stayed on upper floor and it was very quiet. Hotel is located within walking distance of many restaurants and businesses. I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank sjdif
GrandHyattDenver, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again at Grand Hyatt Denver very soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I reserved a block of rooms for myself and a large group of friends that were in town for a series of concerts over Labor Day weekend. I was very impressed with the staff leading up to, and during our stay. All of our questions were answered leading up to the visit, with a group of staff taking the time to thoughtfully respond to a series of emails. The rates we were offered couldn't be beat, either.

During our stay, everyone in our group was made to feel welcome, and the staff seemed genuinely glad that we were staying there. The recently-added touches from the renovation like the motion-controlled accent lighting were great. No complaints, would stay there again for any trip to Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erik Z
GrandHyattDenver, Administrative Assistant-Operations at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We strive to make every guest feel as comfortable as they would in their own home and I am glad we succeeded. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Denver in the near future.
Thank you again.
New York City
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having stayed in numerous Grand Hyatt's in the past and enjoyed the experience, this one was disappointing. First of all the check-in area is disorienting with several desks placed in askewed order. This led to confusion amoung those checking in and difficulty manuevering around various pieces of luggage. Room was servicable but the window looked into the indoor pool. Lounge chairs were arranged within a couple of feet of the window and voices bouncing off the tiled area killed any kind of relaxing feel within the room. This started early in the day and lasted into the early evening. Room cleaning occured very late in the day. Although most of the room was clean, the extra pillows I had thrown on the floor were still there and the dirty glasses from the night before remained on the desk. Not the kind of cleaning one would expect from a Grand Hyatt. Upon my departure I was asked if I enjoyed my stay and answered "it was just okay". There was no follow-up question.

Room Tip: Do not allow them to put you in a room near the pool.