“Classy New Year's Eve Party”

Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown
Ranked #9 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Classy New Year's Eve Party”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on December 31 and attended their Ultimate New Year's Eve party. There were four parties in the hotel proper and one in the Pinnacle Club next door. The hotel staff was attentive and very helpful from arrival through check out. The Gatsby Party in the Pinnacle Club (38th floor) was spectacular with views of the entire Denver area, including the fireworks. While the cost of the overnight stay and all the parties was not inexpensive, the food, drinks, service and entertainment were all top-notch. This review is for a once a year event, but I think it's worth thinking about for 2015.

1 Thank Denis S
GrandHyattExec, Executive Assistant at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Wonderful to hear that you stayed at the Grand Hyatt Denver to ring in 2014 and that you also dined on the tasty delights from our restaurants and chefs. We'll pass on the "top notch." Thanks for the compliments and we'll see you for 2015.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Denver, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The wife and I stayed for one night in December for my company Christmas party that was happening in Downtown Denver. The hotel is located close to the 16th street mall so if you've never stayed in Denver it's a good location. But since we're already Denver natives, that wasn't too important to us. I'm a Hyatt rewards member and used my rewards for the night. So I'm familiar with quite a few Hyat hotels. Considering the number of rooms the Hotel has, I felt the lobby and lobby bar was quite small and very average. Unfortuantely for us we were there when it was 5 degrees outside and the lobby bar was freezing. Everyone was bundled up while having a coctail. Its a nice hotel if the location is important to you. Other than that, average ameneties.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
First, please accept our thanks for staying with Hyatt. We realize that we are a choice among many, and we do value your business.

During our recent cold spell in Denver we did experience some temperature swings in our newly renovated lobby. We have since resolved these issues and are pleased to say that the lobby is now a comfortable and consistent temperature.
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed there for a software convection past 3 years. When they have big meetings going on they give out cheap upgrades to suites. $19 extra a night got me a huge room with a dining area, large sitting area and a large wet bar and full size fridge. Resturant has great food. Hotel is one block from the 16th mall. One nice bar in the lobby and a quiet bar on I think what is the 26th floor with perfect view of the city lights at night. The place was spotless. Everyone friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This was Supposed to be the first part of my vacation ( 2 nights, 3 days)with my two daughters ( 6 yrs and 14 yrs) beginning with a hotel stay!! It should have been a festive, fun and exciting beginning to our 6 night 7 day vacation! From the minute walked into the hotel, it seemed as if Christmas had been just ignored altogether. That part was just sad and a downer because My kids wanted to enjoy the holidays. From the moment we stepped foot into the hotel room we experienced one problem after another! I Spent more time having to try and rectify issues with the room than I did trying to enjoy my vacation! whenever I travel I always Stay in a Hyatt Hotel. I enjoy them and their services are aces. I will never return nor will I ever recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013
WE would love to discuss your stay more and learn the specifics….Please contact the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager to discuss.
Wyoming
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here the 23rd and 24th of December. Our flight was late into Denver and we got to the hotel at 3:30 AM, to be met by the nicest desk clerk ever, Bill. We stayed on the Club floor and it was worth every dime. Comfortable room, nice night lights under the nightstands and in the bathroom that came on when there was movement. Breakfast was great: smoked salmon, brie cheese, and all kinds of goodies along with fresh fruit and cereal. The grand club room has snacks during the day; a refrigerator full of soft drinks, cookies, and make your own trail mix. The same room had a cocktail hour with cheeses and other snacks, and an honor bar with very nice wine and liquor. There's a concierge in the room who is very helpful. The bed was comfortable, and everything was wonderful. Every single employee we dealt with was polite, friendly and professional.

Room Tip: I know it's more expensive but the club floor is worth it.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Grand Hyatt in Denver is one of the nicest hotel rooms we've ever stay in. The room was like a page from an architectural digest. Beautiful modern furniture. The bed was exceptional comfortable. The night stands had automatic night lights that would light up when you walked in from of them. Fantastic touch.

Our reservation from Expedia was messed up but the front desk staff were extremely helpful and got thing straighten out immediately.

Highly recommend this hotel if you are staying ion Denver.

1 Thank pkdesign
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was a great hotel and the staff were very friendly. The room was nice and we had a decent view. I am an college and found the room for $129 on hotels.com and booked it. I may just be unfamiliar with more upscale hotels but i was a little upset about all the extra charges that i encountered. First was the $33 valet parking that was necessary because I drove my car. Next was breakfast which I originally understood was included with the room, after the buffet for two and a $5 tip I had some bacon, potato fries, half of an English muffin, and half of a grapefruit, my girlfriend had less, and we walked away with a $40 bill. After taxes and misc. other expenses, we ended up paying over $220 for a room that i was expecting to pay much less for. Like i said i am in college and may learn that this is the way things are. In the end i do recommend this hotel it was a nice stay.

1 Thank MitchellAC