“Business conference” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Unionville, Ontario, Canada
“Business conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Downtown Denver Hyatt redesigned the room which made it more upscale than previous visit

All services and facilities good and closer to the 16th walking mall strip . My only complained is that the conference room are too cold especially those sitting on the side

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Melbourne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a meeting in Denver and stayed here and it meet my expectations for a high end hotel. Service was top notch and my room was modern and nice. My room was quiet and all amenities were in the room. I utilized valet and room service and all were provided with great customer service. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Grand Hyatt Denver is a great hotel. We recently stayed here with our two kids. It is conveniently located just a couple of blocks from the 16th Street Mall. It has a covered Valet area, which is good when it is snowing. There is a Starbucks, just across the Valet parking area. The Decor inside is modern and comfortable. There was a great guitarist playing when we arrived. The ambiance of the lobby is very inviting and hip. We were staying on the 24th floor. It was very quiet. We had a lovely room, again the decor is modern and inviting. Our kids loved the large walk-in shower. I loved the lighting. There were a few motion activated night lights discreetly hidden in the room, which were wonderful. One was in the closet. The other was under the nightstand and then under the counter-shelving in the bathroom. Very clever to have this night lighting and very useful if you have to get up at night and don't want to wake everyone, by turning on a light. There were also many outlets for charging electronics. The Regency club was very nice. One of the nicest I have seen. The views were great. The set up very nice. Plenty of room for people to sit, with various seating options. The fitness room was very nicely equipped. The pool area was very nice. My only complaint with the pool is that the water was cold and there was no jacuzzi. Our kids swam, but it was too cold for the adults. One nice touch were the "noodles" at the pool for the kids to use. The Pub 17 restaurant in the lobby was very good. The evening chef was kind enough to make our kids breakfast for dinner one evening. I was so happy they were willing to accommodate us. The chef even made me gluten free French Toast for breakfast. Lastly, the service was wonderful from the valet and bellman to the front desk and restaurant waitstaff. I love the Hyatt. They know what they are doing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Colorado City, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We decided to crash at a local hotel instead of make the long drive home after a nuggets game. The rooms were spacious however when we walked in the room was pitch dark and had to walk clear to a lamp because there is no light switches in the room!! The Auto lights under the night stands are great untill you get up in the middle of the night and wake everyone up! Room service was quick and the food was good considering it was hotel food. Price was reasonable but could've ate cheaper at Deny's. $33.00 to park a car is RIDICULOUS even if it is VALET. Just pack it in the rate of the hotel so when you checkout it's not a SUPPRISE!! here is $33.00 more... How many times do you go to a hotel and not have transportation needs!! To continue the complete evaluation... Bathroom ceiling had 3 spots that were "forgotten" to be painted, hotel room slept 4 but had towels for 2. No comforters on beds and it was a balmy 10 Degrees F outside which translated into much higher setting of the thermostat, which in turn lead to the fan running more. Not a problem except the fans in airplanes are quiter! The kids like the pool so that was a plus. I stayed at the Trump hotel in Honolulu for the same rate per night as here... Will not stay here again. To be fair the 4 Seasons was 2x the rate of the Grand Hyatt... Like another reviewer said.. "MIXED BAG"

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Staff is very helpful and friendly, rooms are worth what you pay for and location is close to 16th St Mall. Had very good time staying there. Lobby has a nice ambiance. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My son and I were there for a sports weekend. I found the Hyatt a great place to stay.
Close to the 16th street making getting around the city very easy.
Rooms are remodelled and ultra clean, the staff is ultra professional and cordial. I love the new front desk and the way they greet you. They made sure we were taking care of, and even enquired if we needed help getting to the game.
The gym is as good as it can get which is important for me
My only minor down point is the Pub17 restaurant. Although the waiting staff was great, the room as a cafeteria feel!!! I would expect more from Hyatt

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here one night in December 2013 while visiting Denver for the holidays. We found a fantastic room rate for the hotel; certainly, for the rate we booked, the hotel offered a superior facility.

The hotel's location was good for exploring downtown Denver. The property seemed to have been recently renovated, and the public spaces and rooms had great decor--very modern without being cold, regionally appropriate without resorting to kitsch. We had access to the Grand Club and were impressed with the morning and evening options. Family stopped by and we had a nice experience in the lobby bar.

I used a Diamond suite upgrade with my Hyatt Gold Passport membership, so we were booked into very nice suite. It was quite elegant, with a larger sitting room and great bedroom. The bathroom was also great.

So, the stay impressed in terms of the quality of the hotel's facilities. Where the stay did not impress was with service:
--Housekeeping: early in our stay, crumbed-up food was next to the elevators on our floor, probably left their by a guest. Quite shocking to see that same food still there nearly 24 hours later despite multiple staff members passing throughout the floor. How about some ownership?
--Late check-out: at check-in, we were asked if wanted 4p late checkout (a Diamond benefit); we did, and the agent coded our room keys so that we could get into our room after the standard check-out time. Great. We put on the do not disturb sign and planned to leave our room at 4p. Imagine our surprise when, at 3p, a housekeeper incessantly banged on our door until we answered, and then rudely inquired when we would be leaving, rolling his eyes when we explained it would be at 4p.
--Incompetence at front desk. Upon check-out, we encountered an employee-in-training who was not ready for "prime time:" she could barely work the computer and had poor service skills (eye contact, etc.). We were presented a bill for a room rate hundreds of dollars higher than the one booked--the result, I think, of confusion about the Diamond suite upgrade. She was in over her head and called over another employee; confusion ensued in which I had to dig-up the original confirmation, e-mail it to the staff member, etc.--throughout this 20+ minute process, NOT ONCE was I offered an apology for the mix-up, the delayed check-out, the staff member's lack of skill, etc., until I complained.

I will say that, upon complaint, management was very responsive and took care of the issue to my satisfaction. It was evident the issue was taken seriously. That said, the issue set should have been avoided entirely.

I left the property with a less-than-nice taste about how everything played out and will look to other properties (including the very nice Hyatt Regency near this hotel, where I've had flawless service) on future visits.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brmusicman
GrandHyattExec, Executive Assistant at Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us in Denver and for your loyalty to Hyatt. It was wonderful to hear that our new renovation made such a favorable impression on you and your family. And, although we are very proud of our new space and accommodations, we do take equal pride in providing exceptional and welcoming service. I sincerely apologize that this is not what you experienced this during your stay.

I appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your complete stay so that we have the opportunity to improve our service and staff training for future stays.