“Great location, updated, quiet rooms”

Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown
Ranked #9 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
LA
“Great location, updated, quiet rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I rarely give 5 stars. I really liked this hotel. The food was great, the service was great, and my room was really comfortable and quiet (although I was on the end of the hall, so I can't speak to rooms near the elevator). It was walkable to tons of bars and restaurants, or a very cheap cab ride to anywhere else downtown. My room was really clean and updated, and included a mini fridge. What I especially loved were the motion-sensing lights on the floor under the nightstand and the bathroom sink. What an awesome idea! I want to find something like that and bring it everywhere with me now. My only dislike was that two of the bartenders were quite insistent on getting one's name and/or room number verbally to tab out, and that is both a security risk and a risk for having someone else put drinks on my room. I hope they change that practice because it's no different for them to print out a receipt and let me write the information down without anyone else over-hearing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Littleton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We used my reward points for a romantic Friday night after a charity event. The room was perfect and the lobby was beautiful and inviting for a late night drink. We stayed on the club level. The only downside was the club lounge as the staff was cold and unhelpful. Very impressive otherwise.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We decided to stay in Denver at the last minute this past weekend and reserved a room at the Grand Hyatt. We had never stayed here before but we were so happy we did! Beautiful hotel, great location, loved our room, comfortable bed, great customer service, convenient parking, fantastic amenities, all around a perfect night for us! We weren't able to work out on the sky-track but we checked it out, and loved the thought of waking up and getting our work out on, on the roof! Time just didn't allow for everything that we would of liked to experience at the hotel but we will be staying here again in the future! Can't wait for my next weekend get away at the Grand Hyatt!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 23 floor, fantastic views of the city and mountains! I loved the updated feel t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Beautiful renovation of this hotel. Moved here from the Four Seasons, and i think i prefer this Hyatt!

My room (2402) on the upper floors was beautiful. HUGE shower, automatic ambient lighting if you got out of bed at night (great touch), comfy bed, GREAT ROOM!

It was clean, comfortable, and wonderful.

The Club Lounge on 26 was also above the norm. Great evening service, and WONDERFUL breakfast service. This Club is probably one of the best in the Hyatt Collection of hotels.

The location is great.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for future visits! See you soon!

Room Tip: Corner rooms were larger, really nice. :) Be nice...maybe you will get one!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had a dreadful time getting info from their website, nobody responds to the 'contact us' links. finally, I called the executive offices. the woman helped me secure a room, answering most of my questions.
my requests were: high floor, walk in shower, quiet location.
I got that and MORE.
although I was due an upgrade through my airline card, I don't know how I might have had a more beautiful room. updated, beautiful view, comfy bed. Had a wonderful dinner in my room. Service throughout was spectacular. Every employee (Kim at check-in!) was perfectly poised to be helpful and friendly.
my room DOES need a deep clean. anything I moved caused big dust-ups and the shower had hair in it (3 places) but the automatic ambient lighting when you get out of bed in the dark, the early check-in I requested, the AAA discount and the calm feeling after a difficult 2 week trip for a funeral was so welcome. I am converted from the Monaco, which I have always loved. In Denver, it is now the Grand Hyatt.
be aware, there is no airport shuttle provided. the trip is either a cab, limo or super shuttle, at your expense and the trip is not short.35-40" minimum.
I was evidently on the top floor, a corner room. it was lovely and so needed. I didn't appreciate the 9 dollar wifi charge. seems extreme. then, when I got home I saw that my airline upgrade would have paid for that. I just used my phone for things until I got back to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

What a great hotel. Recently renovated and it shows- no detail overlooked. Loved the choice of a wine bar or brewery in the hotel. Live local music playing in the lobby, so warm and inviting. The gym was clean and nice to use, even an outdoor track (too cold to use on my trip)! The room was clean and very nicely decorated. Oh, I nearly forgot the onsite Starbucks. Amazing! The staff is exceptional. I will stay here again. If you are traveling to Denver, don't bother looking anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The rooms were nice, location was good, a four star hotel all the way. Unfortunately the other guests in the hotel were nothing short of rude and classless. Teenage girls running the hallway screeching and laughing until almost 12am. We finally got our children to sleep after midnight to only be awoken at 2am by a LARGE group of loud, drunk, disorderly guests who spent almost an hour screaming, laughing, slamming doors, and just being out of control. The front desk manager was very friendly and offered to comp our incidentals as well as offering us a free night stay on another occasion. Although our stay didn't go as planned the staff handled it well and we would try to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014