“Birthday Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sierra Madre, California
“Birthday Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am a Hyatt Diamond member and book a night at the Grand Hyatt for a birthday. I contacted the hotel ahead of time to ask if I could check in early to put some items for the birthday in the room. They quickly replied and told me this would be no problem. We came to check-in at 2pm but the room was not ready even though they contacted me days ahead of time and said it would be ok. We came back after a late lunch and they had put strawberries, chocolate, and champagne in the suite! They really went out of their way to make our stay special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt Denver while in town for some personal business. The service was excellent, the rooms were beautiful and the price was very competitive. We were walking distance to everything we needed and had a great time tooling around on foot. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor and had beautiful views of the city
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful! there was never an issue. The room was awesome, exceptionally clean. Within an easy walk to convention center. I loved the live music provided in the lobby in the late afternoons early evenings! It was a wonderful touch. The bartenders were great, and not rushing you out it was always a comfortable setting after running around all day.

Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

our accommodations were nice, the room was clean and up to date. The bathroom door was a slider and it didn't close all the way. maybe fine if travelilng with family but I was traveling with a co-worker! the doors to the hallway closet blocked the hall and anyone trying to get to the bathroom which was annoying. Lobby was very nice with live music and a small bar.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 and was very disappointed. While staying at the hotel, I had my 10 month old son and my wife. From the moment we walked in the door we were treated rude and looked down on for having a child. I realize this is supposed to be a "5" star luxury hotel, however it is only so if you an older individual wearing a suit and tie. The room we booked was $400 a night, corner room mountain view on the top floor, we by no means tried to go "cheap" when staying here.

Reason for rating:

When we travel we love to pamper ourselves 1 night of the trip and this was supposed to be it. When we arrived (at checkin time) we were told our room was not ready and we would need to come back later. I informed the front desk that my child needed to eat and take a nap and that the room we booked should have been ready by now, the agent did not try to help or offer any remedies only "We will call you when your room is ready please come back later". Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue however at the time there were thunderstorms in Denver, and tornado warnings. I had to find a way to keep a hungry / tired 10 month old somewhat happy in the streets of a Denver thunderstorm for 3 HOURS past when my room should have been ready.

Finally we got checked in, made it to our room and here is my complaint with a $400 room. The room tried to be "trendy" by having a barn door as the bathroom door. This door does not lock, and does not close all the way. When guest we were traveling with came to visit our room it became an issue when people needed to go to the bathroom. With an inch crack in the door, all can be heard, smelled, and seen in the process.....

The front desk for the hotel is not traditional, it is a bunch of laptops on tables in no fashion. The layout of the desk was nice when it was not busy, however during checkout this area was a free for all. There was no line, no organization and employees did very little to make sure people were taken care of. Finally when the crowd died down and I tried to check out, employees were too busy chatting with each other to help me. I was given rude looks as if I was interrupting their conversation and was pushed off to someone else.

I repeat DO NOT STAY HERE WITH KIDS

Room Tip: Important, all rooms have the same size window. Purchasing a "corner" room is a fake ploy...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joshua Y
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Denver from May 2nd to May 3rd. While driving to the hotel, parking was very hard to find and the hotel only had a valet service otherwise we had to park at another parking garage. After finally finding some parking we walked towards the lobby, passing the valet staff in which none acknowledged our existence. The public areas of the hotel were pretty dirty - stains on the couches, bathrooms were filthy but we thought it must've been right before the cleaners come. Very modern hotel - nice minimal design and very technologically advanced. Nice big window in the room and very comfy beds. Very nice running track and the weather was perfect for outside. Employees were nice for the most part, very relaxed sometimes condescending most likely because of my age. Overall average experience, not bad service but not outstanding. Cool hotel so I'd probably stay there again.

Green Features: I believe that key cards are made out of compostable material
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt Denver as a service evaluation project and I was pleased with my stay. The customer service was average, although the room service was above average. The desk agents were very involved in side conversations when I began checking in which was a little rude.There is no concierge desk which is a little odd but the employees were ready and willing to help. The room amenities that were included were all there and in great condition. The room was fairly clean, with mild dust in various places. However, overall the room and lobby was clean. I would recommend this hotel for its location but is not worth the average service for such a high price.

1 Thank Jaliah P