“A very pleasant hotel with vegan options for eating”

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Ranked #39 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here for four nights whilst taking part in a workshop. All the staff were very pleasant, professional and helpful - top marks there. I ate in the bar two nights and both nights I was able to have vegan food - one night a platter of raw vegetables with "home-made" hummous, the next night grilled tofu and salad - both delicious, especially when washed down with local beer. The kitchen made a special effort with my breakfasts and lunches, once they realised what a vegan ate! Travelling by myself, I appreciated the genuine friendliness of the bar staff and the free pool table! My room was very quiet, clean and well-looked after. It was good having a cafe and late-opening little store, and I enjoyed the pool facility. The hotel operates a free shuttle to the local shopping areas, and to the train station. I had a slight hitch in that I was billed (twice) for my stay, which was being paid for by the company running the workshop, and this was quite stressful but sorted (twice) with calmness and pleasantness. I thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay out that side of Denver.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

To our valued guest from Wellington,

We greatly appreciate and value the time you took to share your feedback.

I am pleased to see that our culinary team assisted with your dietary needs throughout your stay and will be certain to share your comments with them.

My apologies for the billing error, however, glad to see that it was handled with care.

Thank you again for your feedback. We do hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels return you to the Denver area!

Safe Travels,

Michael

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We came to this hotel after a horrible room we had at La Quinta in the Tech Center, boy what a difference that's for sure. We had no reservation so I quickly made one online before we headed over and it was a breeze. Check in was quick and painless in their very modern lobby. Then we headed to park, keep in mind it's 10 a night extra, but worth it. The room was just perfect with a great view! Staff was wonderful, when my wife wanted a Sprite but couldn't find one they went and got her one and brought it to the room.

Didn't do breakfast or anything but the room was clean, well maintained, modern, and the bed was super comfortable.

If you are in the Tech center for business or just want a place to stay outside of the downtown area to explore south Denver this is a perfect place. Lots of places to eat nearby and low traffic in evenings after everyone has left the area after work.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattTechCenter, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

We are so glad your stay at our hotel met and exceeded your expectations! We are thrilled you enjoyed the room, and we are glad our staff was able to make you and your wife feel comfortable and welcome. We certainly hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hyatt Regency at Denver Tech Center is a good place to stay if you have business in the area. Room was clean and nice. Check-in, Check-out experience was pleasant.

However for a hotel of this size, more dining options are required. I do not eat meat and there was no choices (1-2 options on the whole menu) for me to eat at their restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are happy that you enjoyed your experience staying at our hotel! Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant. We hope you raised your concerns regarding the restaurant menu to your server during your meals - our restaurant staff is usually happy to try to accommodate guest dietary preferences. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you have ever done business in the Tech corridor, you know dining is limited. I was there for a conference for 4 days and stayed at the Hyatt. My room was spacious and very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the lobby is really nice. Wifi is available throughout the hotel which is a plus. Most hotels do not offer great food, the Hyatt is the exception. The restaurant Root 25 is FABULOUS. Farm to table specials, a great breakfast buffet with tons of options and EVEN Gluten free choices and bread. We ended up eating there almost daily. The wine list could use some help, but that was my only critique of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

WOW! What a fantastic review of our hotel! Thank you so much for your great comments and feedback, we are so glad to know that you love our hotel as much as we do! We look forward to seeing you next time you are doing business in the Tech Center!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I got a great price on priceline. I'd never stayed at a 4 star hotel so I was very excited for my stay. They put me in a room next to the ice machine, the carpet was dirty, housekeeping knocked on my door @ 9:00 am to clean it. When I checked out I felt like I was interrupting the gentleman working the desk, he never asked how my stay was. Was more interested in catching up with his fellow employee. I left the property and 1/2 later could not find my credit card. I thought I might have left it on the desk in my room. I was a bit panicked so I called the hotel and was he would look into it and get right back to me. Well after over 20 minutes I called back and he then transferred ME to housekeeping (hoping to get someone who spoke English) well that didn't matter because the phone rang over 20 times so I hung up and called my credit card company. The hotel NEVER did call me back.

I was born in the 50's and raised to give over 100% no matter where I worked or what I did. That work ethic has stayed with me and I have had a very successful 25 years of employment at a 4 star property in Vail CO. The only person I encountered that was welcoming there was the gal that delivered my room service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at our hotel! We pride ourselves on being able to offer true Hyatt hospitality to each guest that walks through our lobby, and are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We hope you were able to raise your concerns with a manager during your stay so that we might be able to rectify the issues. We hope that you might consider giving us another try on your next trip to Denver - we would love the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Came from nj on morning flight for wedding that night. Arrived exhausted and hungry at about 11:30 pm. Check in was 3pm. No rooms ready. Was supposed to be called when room ready. That didn't happen. Next day went out early and came back late in afternoon. Room not cleaned. Someone came at about 5pm. Knocked once and came in. Asked her to come back after 6:15 pm. When we returned to room after dinner bed was made. No clean towels and trash cans full. Bed was made.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathi E

We strive for our guests to be happy and comfortable, and are sincerely very sorry that you did not enjoy your service during your stay at the Hyatt Denver Tech Center. We hope you were able to raise your concerns with management during your stay, and we hope that you might consider staying with us again on your next trip out to Denver.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel during a short business trip to Denver. The hotel lobby and common areas are modern and clean, the room was satisfactory, but my stay was less than satisfactory when I was hit with ridiculous extra costs. The "business center" consists of a small closet sized room with a couple computers and a couple printers. This would be ok, if not for the ridiculous internet usage and printing costs. For the caliber of hotel and already high nightly prices, you would think they could offer guests free internet and reasonable printing costs. The greediness of this hotel doesn't stop there. I decided to grab a quick bite before heading to my meeting in the morning. $17 dollars for a mediocre breakfast buffet and poor service was the icing on the cake. I will not be staying here again and will ask my company to book me a room elsewhere when in Denver.

1  Thank Benjamin B

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel, and appreciate your comments on the additional costs for the additional services. We do try our best to stay competitive with surrounding hotels. Thank you again, we appreciate your time, and hope we might have the chance to serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!