“Just your Average Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Omaha, Nebraska
“Just your Average Hotel”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The only thing about this property worth noting is the pool and fitness area. Very nice pool for lap swimming and good fitness area with cardio equiptment. The rooms are average and very small bathrooms. Make sure you need to stay in the Tech Center if booking this property. DO NOT stay here if you need to be downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
To our guests from Omaha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and fitness area during your visit and we appreciate your additional comments regarding our rooms. We do have a number of different floor plans with various sized bedrooms and bathrooms.

We hope to be of service should your travels return you to the greater Denver area in the future. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance.

Safe Travels,

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed there with my daughter for the "White Rose Gala" on New Years Eve. Check in was quick and all staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful, clean rooms. We had some snacks in house and except for the "soft" pretzels (pretty hard), everything tasted good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
To our guest from Denver,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the “White Rose Gala”. We’re certainly glad to see that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back when time allows.

Thank you for your feedback on the pretzels. This will be shared with our culinary and service team as they should arrive as described.

Thank you again.

Safe Travels,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We checked into the hotel on December 12 and checked out on December 18. Upon checking in I was made aware there would be a $100 pet fee but was not made aware of a potential cleaning fee. We had stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past several years during out visits to Denver and this was fairly new fee. I have no objections to paying extra for my pet and agreed to this charge. When we check out there was again no mention of a $100 pet cleaning fee. Upon review of my credit card account, I discovered a charge for $214 (including taxes). I called the hotel and questioned this charge which was significantly higher than what I anticipated. The front desk clerk indicated it was the pet fee and a pet cleaning fee because there was damaged caused by my pet. I indicated there was absolutely no damage when I checked out and she indicated she would remove the additional charge. Matter resolved. Not so. Shortly after, I received an email indicating there was damage and they would be charging the pet cleaning fee. I disputed again via email this time and receive an immediate response indicating they had pictures of the damage. I didn't even bother asking to see the pictures because the fact is, it just didn't happen. My pet is a 10lb dog we keep in a cage. We are very careful with our pet while traveling and take extra steps to insure we leave any hotel room as it was found. I disputed the extra charge with the hotel yet again and they refused to reduce the bill. There simply was no damage done by my pet. I am disputing the charge through my credit card company so we will see how that turns out.

Incidentally, we had to change rooms 2 nights into our stay because there was a room of unchaperoned children running down the halls and screaming until late in the evening. When we made the move, I accidentally left by new phone charger. When I realized this less than 8 hours later, I called the housekeeping department's lost and found number and left a message. I never heard back from them and had to follow up with the front desk 2 times. The staff was pretty unconcerned about this and all but shrugged their shoulders with a to-bad-that-happened attitude.

It is a nice hotel but there are a number of nice hotels in the DTC area that offer the same or better facilities, amenities and rooms at a comparable rates. Hyatt is a 4 star hotel but that doesn't mean much anymore. Other hotels offer the same and could easily carry the same rating. If you travel with pets, think again. They say they are pet friendly but their fees are higher than the norm and they are pretty underhanded about additional charges. Oh and if you leave something in the room just kiss it good bye.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
To our guests from Denver,

Thank you for your very thorough account of your stay. We greatly appreciate your comments and will definitely be reviewing the circumstances of your pet fees. I hope that we are able to touch base to understand the specifics regarding your pet fees as it relates to any additional damages reported.

In addition, we will be following up with your phone charger comment and will be happy to return the item if found. I assure you there can never be an excuse for not returning your phone calls and we’ll be addressing the appropriate department accordingly. We manage literally hundreds of lost and found items, log them, store them, and hope to hear from the owner so that the item(s) may be returned. Certainly a response to a voicemail message must be followed up with to allow this process to work properly.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused and hope that we may be able to be of service in the future.

Thank you again for your time. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to review and hopefully resolve.

Centennial
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt the night of my company Christmas party. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly, we had a delicious room service BF - Chipolte Buffalo sausage was amazing and workout facility superb!

Room Tip: Ask for a view! We had a spectacular view from a regular King room - didn't even have to upgrad...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
To our guests from Centennial,

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center to host your company Christmas party!

I’ll be certain to share your feedback with our team. I know that they will appreciate your comments!

We do hope to be of service in the future. Please do not hesitate to call on us if we may be of assistance with any future plans.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying the Hyatt Tech Center several times for business over the past 4 years and it is my favorite hotel in the Denver area. At the end of the day I always enjoy coming back to my room and relaxing.
You cannot find a more courteous staff !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
To our guests from Nashville,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and share your experience with others. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire team. I know that they will be glad to hear that they helped to make a difference with your visit to the greater Denver area!

We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service when you return!
Please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance.

Best,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Beautiful room, clean, well appointed - everything you need. Breakfast buffet is one of the better ones I've had in hotels - very nice choices (I'm not a yogourt fan and their's was exceptional). It was a little away from where I had to do business but worth the detour.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
To our guests from Montreal,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate the time you took to share with others!

Glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the yogurt! I’ll look forward to sharing your comments to our entire team.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance should you make plans to return in the future!

Best,

fremont, ca
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently stayed for 4 days at this property while on a business trip to Denver. The hotel is located in the middle of the Tech Center and is ideal if you have work in the tech center area. My work was in down town Denver and so I had a commute of 13-14 miles each way. The commute can get a bit tedious during peak traffic and bad weather.
The hotel room was of a good size and had two double beds. The room had a broad window that did over look the tech center and had a view of the rocky mountains from a distance.
The room also had a flat screen tv and had the usual amenities for business travel stay. I had a free wifi access (which probably came free for all rooms not sure about it though) which was easy to use and provided enough bandwidth and speed to check and respond to emails via vpn.
The restaurant downstairs was quite nice. I ate breakfast there and dinner on one occasion there. The breakfast was a full service one with an omlette station and was quite good. The room rate did not include breakfast but included free parking for me. I believe parking is usually $10 per night there.
The checkin and check out was a breeze and the staff were nice and helpful all the time.
I believe there are number of places to eat outside close by. However I did not have the time to try them out.
There was also a pool and fitness center. I did not get to try both of them.
My only complaint about the stay was the refrigerator in the room was making a loud noise at night and woke me up on a few occasions at night.
I would recommend this place for business stay any time. However if you have work in downtown Denver then one will have to consider the commute.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
To our guest from Fremont,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We know how busy our guests are but I assure you everyone always values the feedback!

I’m glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit and I thank you for selecting us to host your visit while having to commute to and from downtown.

I appreciate the feedback on your refrigerator and will be certain to share these remarks with our housekeeping and maintenance staff members.

Again, thank you for your time and for your business! We do hope to see you again in the future.

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!