“Good hotel and location; for both business, as well as touring.”

Ranked #36 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed in their standard double rooms, for 3 nights with friends, last August end (2013) for vacation purposes. Overall, the hotel was decently kept, convenient in it's facilities provided (Starbucks cafe was helpful in the early morning, the gym was of decent size, yet can get crowded quickly in the morning, didn't try their restaurant or business center though) and decently located as well. While it is a primarily meant as a business hotel for Denver Tech center area, we had no issue using it for our vacationing purposes to explore both downtown Denver area, Mount Evans, as well as nearby Colorado attractions such as the Rocky mountains and Colorado Springs (the latter was en-route in our Tucson, AZ- Denver, CO road trip).

However there was an issue with Hyatt's online reservation system. The reservations selection process and their billing detail layout of can be confusing, and I ended up accidentally paying for 8 people for our 2 rooms, instead of 5. The transaction was non-refundable, but after a few struggles with failed e-mail attempts trying to reach their reservation personnel (who didn't respond in reasonable time) and next hesitant customer care call center personnel, I somehow managed to get a decent refund for the extra people that were charged. So, it wasn't a pleasant hotel experience to begin with for me. Unless you are an already loyal Hyatt customer, I recommend sticking with more convenient options like Hotels.com for hassle free online reservations.

Room Tip: Our adjacent superior double rooms on the higher floors had one facing the tech center side and the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

To our guests from Tucson,

Thank you for sharing your comments. My apologies for the challenges you experienced with the additional occupant charges. I am glad to see that the issue was finally able to be resolved.

We appreciate your comments on our location as many guests find it convenient to access points of interest to our north as well as south with quick access to I-25.

We do hope to have the opportunity to host your future stays. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance!

Best,

Michael Vance

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

994 - 1,000 of 1,094 reviews

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hyatt for the first time recently and wanted to use this forum to compliment the updated chic ambiance/design of hotel, the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and the amazing breakfast buffet. Check-in and valet parking (late night) was also simple and courteous.
My friends and I got settled right before the kitchen closed and had a tasty snack and then thoroughly enjoyed breakfast the next morning of a lovely assortment of fresh breads, pastries, fruits,omelets, and a variety of other freshly prepared options. The presentation was one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel setting. It did not feel like your typical "buffet" with predictable and overdone offerings. Kudos to the staff of this property. I would recommend this hotel also for it's location off of I25 and proximity to the light rail for getting to downtown Denver and the many sporting event venues in the city.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the king suite with very comfortable sleeper sofa. Perfect for three adults.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra D
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

To our guests from Marietta,

We greatly appreciate you allowing us to be of service while visiting the greater Denver area!
I will look forward to sharing your feedback with our team knowing that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for pointing out many of the features and services offered at the hotel as well as the use of the light rail located nearby. Many guests enjoy the convenience of the light rail vs. driving to sporting events in Denver.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

They should have informed me the kitchen is under construction. I get in late and all they have to eat is a lame buffet and salads. Wouldn't have stayed here had I known that. Only had rice or salad or sandwich.

• Stayed: March 2014
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

To our guests from San Francisco,

Thank you for allowing us to be of service during your visit to the area. I do apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused with regards to our dining options. We are in fact addressing our restaurant kitchen equipment which limits the extent of our menu offerings. The lunch and dinner buffets were added to allow for additional options while we work to bring our restaurant kitchen back in service in the near future.

With regards to our buffet, I will share your comments with our culinary team as the presentation and quality of food should be consistent with our expectations.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of assistance should you plan to return in the near future. We will work to ensure we provide you with the level of service you would expect.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is just off I-25 at the south end of Denver. It is easy to find. The staff were very accommodating. The room was fine, except that it had a cracked sink (which did hold water), but I can't imagine why it had not been replaced. The closet was not wide enough. The hangers had to be put in at a slight angle and it was hard to close the closet doors. The light in the closet was nice, but there was no light outside, so one had no light to use the mirrored closet doors. Sometimes toilet paper or tissues were not left, but a call to housekeeping brought someone soon with the item. The hotel lobby has a high glass atrium which is very nice. The second floor had a lot of tables set up for the conference for chatting and for the coffee breaks. The 12th floor Centennial Room has a lot of windows and a great view of the mountains. There were many elevators and they were fast -- a definite plus for a conference. We were able to park our tall van outside at no cost -- it couldn't fit in the parking garage.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

To our guests from Las Cruces,

First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to be of service while attending your conference. We greatly appreciate your time in sharing your feedback.

We appreciate your thoughts and input on both physical and service related items. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members to address accordingly.
Again, thank you for your thoughts.

Our goal is to continuously focus on ensuring we provide comfortable accommodations and excellent service. Feedback such as yours is valued and much appreciated!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thought I had booked the Hyatt downtown (there's a few) but realized I booked the business district far from it. Initially I was upset however the service was so amazing I had to write this review. First class real people. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

To our guests from Edmonton,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire team and I know that they will all appreciate the time you took to share!

We are located approximately 12 miles south of downtown Denver which can be an easy drive depending on time of day. The use of the nearby light rail system is a great way to head to the city for additional entertainment venues outside of those located nearby. I am glad to see that the service provided offset your disappointment in not being in downtown Denver!

We do hope that you have another opportunity to visit in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we may be of assistance.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Not a whole lot going on in this area as it's nestled in a business park. Beautiful lobby, super modern - the rooms themselves are pretty standard of any Hyatt. There was a mix up with my reservation, and the incorrect rate/package was applied at check-in but I didn't realize it until I saw my bill on the TV's hotel-channel. By this time it was already a few days in, and the hotel would not accomodate the switch, costing me extra. Bummer, but they did try to make it up with an amenity sent up to my room within minutes. Good thing, b/c that was the best tasting (mood-changing) veggie platter ever. (seriuosly, try it - baby carrots cooked slightly crunchy and radishes that looked like thinly sliced watermelon) Breakfast is great too, they keep your coffee filled and hot - and I really enjoyed the wonderful greek yogurt bar.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

To our guests from Washington, D.C.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please accept my apologies for any confusion regarding your reservation.

I was glad to see that our staff extended an offer and apology with an amenity. The radish you described as part of the presentation was in fact a “watermelon radish”!

Also pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and the Greek yogurt that we offer.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share. We do hope to be of service in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for a wedding and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. Free covered parking is a big plus. The breakfast buffet was terrific! Many choices to pick from. We didn't have time to see the pool or workout area but they looked nice. Only suggestion is to upgrade the beds which could have been more comfortable.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has very nice mountain views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

To our guests from Chicago,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and I’ll look forward to sharing your input with our team members.

We are grateful to have been of service and hope that we may assist you should your plans return you to the greater Denver area. Please feel free to contact us directly!