“Misleading promo”

Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a room with included breakfast for two, called to ask where to go for included breakfast, and even mentioned to staff to ensure we were in the correct restaurant. We were then billed over $60 for a mediocre breakfast buffet that they claimed was not included on the promotion. Bait and switch, with no real explanation.

Room was clean, facilities are average , pool is way too small for their usage, you can't possibly use it as a lap pool as it is used as a recreational pool and very very crowded most if the day. hot tub is Luke warm at best. Hotel has a sleek modern design. Ultimately poor communication and an unexpected, outrageously overpriced buffet bill is unacceptable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

To our recent guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Needless to say, your comments are concerning as there should not be any confusion on behalf of our staff regarding packages and what is or isn’t included. Should there be any concerns, our goal should be to address it to your satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I understand the circumstances and the package you were booked. I assure you we will address appropriately.

Thank you for the feedback on our pool area. I will share your comments with the appropriate staff members to ensure we maintain the proper temperatures for both the pool and whirlpool.

Once again, thank you for your input. Please do reach out to me so we may address your concerns with breakfast.

Kind Regards,

303.779.1234

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The lobby seems to be new and although it does not have personal touches (plants etc.) it seems sleek, business like and very light. The gym is small but efficient, the only problem are the screaming kids in the pool - wish the gym was separate. The rooms are outdated but clean and well kept. The restaurant was going through renovations so food was limited but good and tasty. But what made all the difference was the staff - from the bellmen to housekeeping that I met in the hallways - they were very friendly and genuine. Special thanks to Max at the from desk - he was very helpful and went above and beyond, and Noemi - she has exceptional personality and her smile warmed my day. Thank you Hyatt staff for great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

To our guests from Connecticut,

Thank you for allowing us to be your host while in the Denver area, we greatly appreciate the opportunity as we know you have a choice!

I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team members knowing that they truly will value your input.

We do hope to see you again in the future. Please let us know if we may be of assistance with future plans!

Best,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed in their standard double rooms, for 3 nights with friends, last August end (2013) for vacation purposes. Overall, the hotel was decently kept, convenient in it's facilities provided (Starbucks cafe was helpful in the early morning, the gym was of decent size, yet can get crowded quickly in the morning, didn't try their restaurant or business center though) and decently located as well. While it is a primarily meant as a business hotel for Denver Tech center area, we had no issue using it for our vacationing purposes to explore both downtown Denver area, Mount Evans, as well as nearby Colorado attractions such as the Rocky mountains and Colorado Springs (the latter was en-route in our Tucson, AZ- Denver, CO road trip).

However there was an issue with Hyatt's online reservation system. The reservations selection process and their billing detail layout of can be confusing, and I ended up accidentally paying for 8 people for our 2 rooms, instead of 5. The transaction was non-refundable, but after a few struggles with failed e-mail attempts trying to reach their reservation personnel (who didn't respond in reasonable time) and next hesitant customer care call center personnel, I somehow managed to get a decent refund for the extra people that were charged. So, it wasn't a pleasant hotel experience to begin with for me. Unless you are an already loyal Hyatt customer, I recommend sticking with more convenient options like Hotels.com for hassle free online reservations.

Room Tip: Our adjacent superior double rooms on the higher floors had one facing the tech center side and the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

To our guests from Tucson,

Thank you for sharing your comments. My apologies for the challenges you experienced with the additional occupant charges. I am glad to see that the issue was finally able to be resolved.

We appreciate your comments on our location as many guests find it convenient to access points of interest to our north as well as south with quick access to I-25.

We do hope to have the opportunity to host your future stays. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance!

Best,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hyatt for the first time recently and wanted to use this forum to compliment the updated chic ambiance/design of hotel, the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and the amazing breakfast buffet. Check-in and valet parking (late night) was also simple and courteous.
My friends and I got settled right before the kitchen closed and had a tasty snack and then thoroughly enjoyed breakfast the next morning of a lovely assortment of fresh breads, pastries, fruits,omelets, and a variety of other freshly prepared options. The presentation was one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel setting. It did not feel like your typical "buffet" with predictable and overdone offerings. Kudos to the staff of this property. I would recommend this hotel also for it's location off of I25 and proximity to the light rail for getting to downtown Denver and the many sporting event venues in the city.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the king suite with very comfortable sleeper sofa. Perfect for three adults.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra D

To our guests from Marietta,

We greatly appreciate you allowing us to be of service while visiting the greater Denver area!
I will look forward to sharing your feedback with our team knowing that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for pointing out many of the features and services offered at the hotel as well as the use of the light rail located nearby. Many guests enjoy the convenience of the light rail vs. driving to sporting events in Denver.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of assistance.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

They should have informed me the kitchen is under construction. I get in late and all they have to eat is a lame buffet and salads. Wouldn't have stayed here had I known that. Only had rice or salad or sandwich.

• Stayed: March 2014

To our guests from San Francisco,

Thank you for allowing us to be of service during your visit to the area. I do apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused with regards to our dining options. We are in fact addressing our restaurant kitchen equipment which limits the extent of our menu offerings. The lunch and dinner buffets were added to allow for additional options while we work to bring our restaurant kitchen back in service in the near future.

With regards to our buffet, I will share your comments with our culinary team as the presentation and quality of food should be consistent with our expectations.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of assistance should you plan to return in the near future. We will work to ensure we provide you with the level of service you would expect.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is just off I-25 at the south end of Denver. It is easy to find. The staff were very accommodating. The room was fine, except that it had a cracked sink (which did hold water), but I can't imagine why it had not been replaced. The closet was not wide enough. The hangers had to be put in at a slight angle and it was hard to close the closet doors. The light in the closet was nice, but there was no light outside, so one had no light to use the mirrored closet doors. Sometimes toilet paper or tissues were not left, but a call to housekeeping brought someone soon with the item. The hotel lobby has a high glass atrium which is very nice. The second floor had a lot of tables set up for the conference for chatting and for the coffee breaks. The 12th floor Centennial Room has a lot of windows and a great view of the mountains. There were many elevators and they were fast -- a definite plus for a conference. We were able to park our tall van outside at no cost -- it couldn't fit in the parking garage.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

To our guests from Las Cruces,

First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to be of service while attending your conference. We greatly appreciate your time in sharing your feedback.

We appreciate your thoughts and input on both physical and service related items. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members to address accordingly.
Again, thank you for your thoughts.

Our goal is to continuously focus on ensuring we provide comfortable accommodations and excellent service. Feedback such as yours is valued and much appreciated!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thought I had booked the Hyatt downtown (there's a few) but realized I booked the business district far from it. Initially I was upset however the service was so amazing I had to write this review. First class real people. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

To our guests from Edmonton,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire team and I know that they will all appreciate the time you took to share!

We are located approximately 12 miles south of downtown Denver which can be an easy drive depending on time of day. The use of the nearby light rail system is a great way to head to the city for additional entertainment venues outside of those located nearby. I am glad to see that the service provided offset your disappointment in not being in downtown Denver!

We do hope that you have another opportunity to visit in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we may be of assistance.