“Nice place for a short stay”

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Longmont, Colorado
“Nice place for a short stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Here for a conference. Over all a nice place to stay. Location is quiet and safe. Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Ashley at the front desk was super when I checked in. Room was comfortable and clean. Only thing that was frustrating, which I forgot to report is the power plug on the desk in the room was not working and wouldn't charge computer, phone, iPad. There was no power to it. Only had to use the power port on the desk lamp. Several other colleagues reported the same issue.

I was frustrated that the gift shop was a bit overpriced on items. $6 for a small tube of tylenol and $3 for a bottle of soda. The gift shop did not do a good job in keeping their Coke Refrigerator stocked. Ran out of Diet coke, Coke Zero on Monday and they weren't scheduled to have any in stock until late afternoon Tuesday. There were three conferences going on with 100's of attendees. The conference I was in had over 300 attendee's.

Might be just a fluke, although I really would have expected more.

Room Tip: I can't give any ratings to the spa or breakfast as I did not utilize these services. All rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
To our guest from Loveland,

Thank you for your comments and for allowing us to be of service for your conference. We truly appreciate and value your business.

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your power plug and gift shop experiences. I’ll be sure to share with our team members to review and address opportunities, especially regarding proper stock levels and the condition of our electrical outlet in your room.

I’ll be certain to share your comments with Ashley. I know that she will be pleased knowing she assisted you during your check-in process!

Once again, thank you for allowing us to be of service. We do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Michael Vance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Calabasas, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 4 years in which our daughter attended DU. So for her graduation, we knew we would have the perfect place to accommodate our modern family of characters, including a dog.
From Elvis who patiently spent 90 minutes ensuring we had all the right room configurations and arrival dates, not to mention the relevant names associated to each one, to Amy the Manager, who gladly corrected our bill beyond our satisfaction and everyone in between, the staff is top notch.
Our family stayed from 7 nights to 2, very much enjoyed the breakfast buffet, the complete gym and newly remodeled lobby that has fruit infused water awaiting your arrival and Perks a place to grab a coffee or fresh bite to eat.
The rooms are lovely and clean too with nice amenities and comfortable beds. My ONLY complaint is the deluxe room in which we were forced to upgrade to because our 'preferred' king bed option was not available at the time. My specific complaint is with the bathroom which is so tiny, you had to stand on the side of the toilet to close the door. Fortunately we are not large people so it was only a small annoyance! As a future recommendation, I would make the bathroom larger and get rid of the bar area which I don't imagine is used much.
If and when Hyatt decides to upgrade the deluxe rooms with my recommendation, the hotel will be a perfect 10!!

• Stayed June 2014
To our guest from Calabasas,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal guest with us. We know that you always have choices on where you stay, and we’re honored that you have allowed us to be your host in visiting the greater Denver area!

I’ll look forward to sharing your comments with Elvis, Amy, and the rest of our staff. I know that they too will appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate your feedback with regards to our bathroom and will be certain to share this with the appropriate individuals. Hopefully, this might be something that can be addressed at some point in the future. Our rooms are of various sizes, and with this, the bath area also has various sizes.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future perhaps with any DU related events that might bring you to Denver. Our congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

All our best to you and your family!

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I escaped to this hotel for our anniversary. We had stayed here before and chose it again because of its convenient location and clean, comfortable rooms. We were pleasantly surprised with the renovations of the lobby and the addition of the restaurant. Our room was spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the mountains. The linens were clean and crisp; the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We went to dinner at the lovely seafood restaurant across the street and returned to champagne and strawberries in our room. Breakfast at Root 25 was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSJS2014
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
To our neighbors from Centennial,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to host your anniversary evening and certainly pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit. I know that our staff will be glad knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations and service. I am especially pleased to see that our staff sent you a treat to recognize your special day!

We look forward to having you visit again and extend any assistance you might need with regards to planning or special accommodations for future events.

And again...Happy Anniversary!

Slingerlands, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you don't know Denver geography, the tech center is located in the southeast corner of the city, making the cab ride more expensive, and the airport shuttles run less frequently. Once you get there though this is a really nice hotel. It has the requisite Hyatt atrium, and a very spacious comfortable lobby. Check in is not behind a counter, but rather nicely dressed people with laptops
to make it feel that you are having a private conversation. Had several days of meetings here, and the physical facilities, meals, etc were all great.

I had a room on the 9th floor near the elevators (most of them are glass, by the way) and worried about noise, however there was none. Everything combined to make this a really nice experience. I did not utilize the facilities. I tried ordering room service, and was told I had an outdated menu, but a new one came right up. Great variety, including a "trio" of their vegetable sides, all of which were well seasoned and well cooked.

Kudos to the food folks. I ordered a veggie lunch at the meeting, and expected to get the usual portabello, grilled veggies or similar. They brought a dish with a large piece of tempeh with wild mushrooms and a gravy. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
To our guests from New York,

We greatly appreciate your comments and glad we were able to be your host while attending meetings.

Thank you for your overview of our facilities and service. I will certainly be sharing with our team members, especially with our culinary team knowing that you enjoyed the food and appreciated your veggie lunch!

We do hope to be of service should your travels return you to the greater Denver area. Please do not hesitate to let us know when we can be of assistance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My one-night stay was uneventful This is a clean, modern property designed to service the surrounding "tech center" area. So, its location is great if your business takes you there as mine did. Self-parking is easy in the attached garage with just a short elevator ride and walk to the reception area. The lobby is cavernous, hard-surfaced and efficient. My room was well appointed and clean but lacked the walk-in shower that I have come to expect in Hyatt properties. Internet service was included in my room rate and functioned well. The restaurant/bar was large and served a good, reasonably-priced meal of the bistro variety. Service was efficient and friendly.

Checkout was efficient but the charge for overnight parking was not included in my bill, something I didn't notice until my expense report had already been submitted and I noted an additional, separate charge on my credit card statement. A minor inconvenience that could have been easily avoided since I had surrendered the entry ticket to the receptionist upon check-in.

Overall, a comfortable, efficient representative of business hotel genre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
To our guests from Las Vegas,

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad to see that overall, you enjoyed your visit. We greatly appreciate being able to host your stay as we know that our guests have a choice.

My apologies for the inconvenience regarding the delayed parking charges. We’ll be certain to share this with the appropriate staff members for review.

Once again, thank you. We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service on future trips to the greater Denver area!

Safe Travels,

tucson,az
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a succession of issues checking into the Hyatt including having to change rooms a few times. To their credit, the staff, lead by the bellman, stepped up to ensure we had a good experience. They comped our parking and sent up a bottle of wine. The breakfast was very good and the room we ended up with was very comfortable. Great staff. I would go here again.
We had a larger king room as the standard rooms are very small.

Room Tip: Get a larger room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattTechCenter, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
To our guest in Tucson,

We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your experience at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. I was delighted to learn that we were able to turn a challenging experience in to a positive one! I know our associates will be glad to know their efforts are rewarded in creating a favorable memory for you.

We hope to be of service when your travels bring you back to the Mile High City.

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We did a group conference at the hotel. Grand Ballroom--11,000 sq feet max is excellent. The atrium is great for cocktail gathering on second floor. Rooms were fine, beds comfortable. We had mixed reviews on the food. For regular guests, the "deal" is the buffets offered in AM and PM ... excellent variety. If you have allergies, let them know--they will fix special for you, which was fantastic for me--some herbs are toxic in food if I get a hold of them.

It's very modern, austere throughout lobby ... not really designed for "rest" and "relaxation" as in just schoozing with others.

Room Tip: when booking any group, make sure you get a clause in about a change in management.... that you have...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
To our guest around the corner in Aurora,

Thank you for your thorough overview of your accommodations and meeting experience at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. We greatly appreciate your time and your feedback!

We are glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer. We do have a beautiful atrium and I am delighted to share with you that we will be completing a full renovation of our meeting space in mid-July. I also appreicate your candid feedback in regards to meals provided and assure you that your comments will be shared with the appropriate individuals. You are correct in that we will always prepare special meals for anyone with dietary restrictions.

Once again, thank you so very much for your time and for allowing us to be of service. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of service in assisting with future plans for meeting or guest room needs.

Kind regards,

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!