“Terrific Staff and Facility”

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Ranked #39 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Belvidere, New Jersey
“Terrific Staff and Facility”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

From the moment you arrive, the staff makes you feel like you are priority number one. The check in area is a bit unorthodox in that it looks more like a grocery store checkout area than a front desk; however, it works. The assistant's are extremely friendly and helpful.

The views from our room were breathtaking. The chef went above and beyond for my son who absolutely loved their cinnamon rolls. Upon learning that the shop downstairs was sold out of the desired pastry, he made some himself and gave them to my son as his treat. I travel often and never have I encountered such service.

The rooms were quite spacious, modern, and extremely clean. Room service was prompt and got our orders correct. And, housekeeping did a wonderful job as well.

The hotel is located outside the city proper; however, it was quite convenient for us as we were running back and forth to Colorado Springs are were able to jump on the freeway within minutes.

All in all, this hotel was an excellent choice and one that I will stay at whenever I return to Denver.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that any room in the hotel is sub-par; however, for the best views ask for a roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HyattTechCenter, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear VJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am very pleased we earned your 5 star rating. I will gladly pass your comments about the cinnamon rolls on to our Chef. Providing exceptional service is what we pride ourselves on and I am glad he was able to make a difference for your son!

Thank you again and we look forward to another visit in the near future.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel has clean, modern, and nice rooms and lobby areas. The beds were very comfortable. There were several things that kept our stay from being as good as it should have been.

They make you pay $10 for parking (it is not even downtown!), but the parking situation is not good, especially if you have an RV, bus, trailer, etc.

We had leftover food in our mini fridge.

The hot tub was full of kids and the pool was too small for a hotel this size.

The bar staff called our room late at night. This was frustrating because we and our 9 and 6 year olds were all asleep. The phone was VERY loud and startling in the middle of the night. They wanted to know if we were at the bar, which we were not.
The next morning we had a bar bill at our door. Someone left our room number for their tab. This was annoying to deal with in the morning when we were trying to leave by 6 am, but the staff did clear this from our account and they were nice about it. If the hotel would ask for ID at the bar, this wouldn't happen.

Finally, as many have said, the breakfast is too expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley12101511
Dear Ashley,

So sorry to hear your stay was less than fabulous here! That is not the Hyatt way at all and we truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to have another chance to prove ourselves to you in the future.

Best regards,
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Myself and a few friends stayed here from Thursday, June 12-Monday June 16. As soon as we got there, the bellman was incredibly nice and helpful. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms were great. I have no complaints about housekeeping, or the help we got at the front desk (when we needed it). However, we booked two rooms and one of the rooms the outlets on the desks weren't working so we were unable to charge all our phones, etc. There were not any outlets near the beds (we had to move the nightstand, but the outlets were all used by a lamp, clock, phone). Our tv was a little janky, because it was all fuzzy and the picture wasn't clear (#firstworldproblem). The restaurant, breakfast, and the store was pricey, but expected. We ended up going to a nearby Walmart and stocked up on water (they charge you for drinking theirs).

As much as we were coming and going over the last 4 days, we really enjoyed our stay. It was quiet and safe and clean. I can't ask for much more than that :). Thank you to all the staff at Hyatt. We really appreciate it and if I ever get the chance, I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SujaK520 .
Dear SujaK520,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit. I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay overall. I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of adding outlets/USB's near the bed for more convenience with all the technology available these days and I have had our Engineering department repair the outlet and television issues you mentioned.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Denver.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I live in Colorado Springs and planned a mini vacation to Denver to go to Elitch Gardens and Dave & Busters (big kids, I know). We stayed here on the night of June 13th. Spent all day at the amusement park Friday so we didn't check in until around 10pm, the lobby was pretty scarce as far as employees go and we used the kiosk to check in and get our keys. Drove around and parked in the parking garage which I believe is a $10 overnight fee. Once in the room, it appeared very nice and clean. The room overall was just fine. We were at the very end of the hall so it seemed it would be pretty quit. However, I did notice that we were situated right next to a stairwell which only became a neusance around 5 o'clock the next morning. The matress was alright, but our bed was not made completely, the sheets were not tucked in at the bottom. I am 5'10 so I felt the matress under my feet as soon as I slipped into bed. It was very disturbing considering how old the matress could be and how many people have slept on the same bed. Anyways we left our room at noon and went to our car first to drive out of the garage and around to the entrance of the hotel, however when we were leaving the garage there is a drop box to return your room key to so we just did that and left. My only concern now is that there is still a $50 pending charge on my credit card. That was 5 days ago! So I don't understand what the charge is for and why it is still pending. If it is still there by Friday I will definitely call the hotel. Overall it was an alright stay for the price. Not amazing but not terrible either.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mimi6987,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. My apologies for not providing you the level of service and facilities you were expecting and certainly should have received. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members for additional review and follow up.

Again, thank you.

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Here for a conference. Over all a nice place to stay. Location is quiet and safe. Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Ashley at the front desk was super when I checked in. Room was comfortable and clean. Only thing that was frustrating, which I forgot to report is the power plug on the desk in the room was not working and wouldn't charge computer, phone, iPad. There was no power to it. Only had to use the power port on the desk lamp. Several other colleagues reported the same issue.

I was frustrated that the gift shop was a bit overpriced on items. $6 for a small tube of tylenol and $3 for a bottle of soda. The gift shop did not do a good job in keeping their Coke Refrigerator stocked. Ran out of Diet coke, Coke Zero on Monday and they weren't scheduled to have any in stock until late afternoon Tuesday. There were three conferences going on with 100's of attendees. The conference I was in had over 300 attendee's.

Might be just a fluke, although I really would have expected more.

Room Tip: I can't give any ratings to the spa or breakfast as I did not utilize these services. All rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
To our guest from Loveland,

Thank you for your comments and for allowing us to be of service for your conference. We truly appreciate and value your business.

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your power plug and gift shop experiences. I’ll be sure to share with our team members to review and address opportunities, especially regarding proper stock levels and the condition of our electrical outlet in your room.

I’ll be certain to share your comments with Ashley. I know that she will be pleased knowing she assisted you during your check-in process!

Once again, thank you for allowing us to be of service. We do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Calabasas, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 4 years in which our daughter attended DU. So for her graduation, we knew we would have the perfect place to accommodate our modern family of characters, including a dog.
From Elvis who patiently spent 90 minutes ensuring we had all the right room configurations and arrival dates, not to mention the relevant names associated to each one, to Amy the Manager, who gladly corrected our bill beyond our satisfaction and everyone in between, the staff is top notch.
Our family stayed from 7 nights to 2, very much enjoyed the breakfast buffet, the complete gym and newly remodeled lobby that has fruit infused water awaiting your arrival and Perks a place to grab a coffee or fresh bite to eat.
The rooms are lovely and clean too with nice amenities and comfortable beds. My ONLY complaint is the deluxe room in which we were forced to upgrade to because our 'preferred' king bed option was not available at the time. My specific complaint is with the bathroom which is so tiny, you had to stand on the side of the toilet to close the door. Fortunately we are not large people so it was only a small annoyance! As a future recommendation, I would make the bathroom larger and get rid of the bar area which I don't imagine is used much.
If and when Hyatt decides to upgrade the deluxe rooms with my recommendation, the hotel will be a perfect 10!!

• Stayed June 2014
To our guest from Calabasas,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal guest with us. We know that you always have choices on where you stay, and we’re honored that you have allowed us to be your host in visiting the greater Denver area!

I’ll look forward to sharing your comments with Elvis, Amy, and the rest of our staff. I know that they too will appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate your feedback with regards to our bathroom and will be certain to share this with the appropriate individuals. Hopefully, this might be something that can be addressed at some point in the future. Our rooms are of various sizes, and with this, the bath area also has various sizes.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future perhaps with any DU related events that might bring you to Denver. Our congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

All our best to you and your family!

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I escaped to this hotel for our anniversary. We had stayed here before and chose it again because of its convenient location and clean, comfortable rooms. We were pleasantly surprised with the renovations of the lobby and the addition of the restaurant. Our room was spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the mountains. The linens were clean and crisp; the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We went to dinner at the lovely seafood restaurant across the street and returned to champagne and strawberries in our room. Breakfast at Root 25 was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSJS2014
Michael V, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
To our neighbors from Centennial,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to host your anniversary evening and certainly pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit. I know that our staff will be glad knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations and service. I am especially pleased to see that our staff sent you a treat to recognize your special day!

We look forward to having you visit again and extend any assistance you might need with regards to planning or special accommodations for future events.

And again...Happy Anniversary!

Michael Vance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Stapleton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!