“Pretty typical”

Hilton Denver City Center
Ranked #42 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed here for a conference. The room was nice, the service was good, and the location was nice for getting around the 16th St. Mall and to the conference center. I would recommend it and would stay here again. My only compliant -- if you could call it that -- was it seemed to lack character. Once inside, I could have been in any city not necessarily Denver. I guess that is to be expected at a mainstream hotel.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were fortunate to be staying with a corporate convention and stayed for a significant discount, but I understand the average varies from $200-$400 a night. We had a king-sized room--quiet, clean and functional. (No hair dryer or minibar, though.) The location was fine for getting around Denver by taxi or bus, the concierge was very helpful, and the cafe/bar and restaurants had good food and service. (The hotel staff also handled the logistics of the convention very well.) The pool was small and shallow (lap swimming was difficult), but there was a hot tub, saunas and gym. Overall, a nice place, decent service, and I'd stay again if had a discounted room.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the Marriott City Center in downtown Denver for a week and were absolutely floored by the customer service. When we arrived we were promptly greeted by valet who arranged a bell hop for our luggage. Every time we called down for the car or needed extra towels... the phone was answered "so and so at your service." I wish all hotels would be this guest conscience. The hotel was nice as well but dated, you could tell it had been there for a while. The level of customer service however made up for anything lacking in the room...
Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The higher your room is the better the view of downtown denver!
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The location of this hotel, near the 16th Street Mall and convention center is hard to beat. It is also within a 20 minute walk to Coors Field. The lobby is small and well maintained. I attended as part of a convention, and the facilities were well maintained and the food very good for the amount that was prepared. The staff was attentive, and overall they provided a very good experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Pros:
Well located
Cons:
Basic hotel, not a whole lot to offer besides clean rooms and average service

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Attend a citywide convention and this hotel was perfectly situated to walk to venues, use local free streetcar, or ride along in Taxi Bike Rickshaws. The weather was glorious (July) and the trip to Red Rock for a concert was once in a lifetime- not to be missed! The hotel had all the amenities expected of a Marriott large hotel, and the food was good. There was a convenient Peets Coffee in the lobby, and a nice large restaurant bar. Kudos to the business center for handling receipt of packages to sending along the earrings I left behind in my room. They made me feel like a real guest. No complaints!

Room Tip: The tower is across the skybridge, further from front desk and lobby than the main building. However...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

After I arrived and checked in, somehow their computer didn't register that I was in my room. So a cleaning lady walked in while I was sleeping and I was escorted to the lobby by the security. Luckily that was resolved very fast. However unpleasant this might be, it couldn't compare to when I found out that my credit card was charged twice. Once for my room and I got a receipt for that, the other 700+ charge I got no explanation or receipt. Plus they require all dispute be done via fax. I'm just very very disappointed about the services.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business