“Corporate”

Hilton Denver City Center
Ranked #40 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I travelled here on business and found the Marriott to be very nice. Clean, comfortable, a decent bar and starbucks in the building. It's not a bargain, but is very nice, in a corporate kind of way. Just what's to be expected. Good location.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I am Black American and Upon arriving I was optimistic because I have stayed at marriotts all over and I'm an exclusive Golds Club member but when I was staying there I was treated as if I did nt belong there. I came into the hotel and at least three time I was asked " sir did you need help, do you have a room here?" by various staff members even ones that had check me in. The room service cuts off at 10:00 pm so I asked to get a taxi by the nightime conceirge and he just pointed and said I can catch one outside. The taxi drivers where lazy and did not want to give me a ride and when I reported it to the night staff they just shrugged I had to walk to the restaurant nearly a half mile. When I reported this incident and my other concerns to the manager she seemed to generally not care and never looked me in the eye while I talked to her....a very poor excuse for a Marriott Hotel......

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank Larry L
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I recently stayed in this property for 4 nights during an emergency medicine conference. I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 AM local time and was promptly greeted at the check-in desk. The representative not only allowed me to check-in but gave me a king room on the top floor..at 10:00 AM! In New York, I would have been told to come back around 3:00 PM. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a bit small and could use some updating. However, this was not a big issue at all. The location relative to Lodo, the convention center, and the 16th St. Mall was excellent. There is a Starbucks on site for those who can't live without coffee. The bar is on the lower level with a number of flat screen TV's to catch all the Sunday football action. The breakfast restaurant is also on the lower level and consisted of a nice buffet. The ommlettes were made to order but a bit bland. Overall, I recommend this property without hesitation. I heard the fitness center was nice but had neither the time or the desire to check it out!

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Please check all the amenities and the costs. Staff not friendly. Ordered drink on Saturday $7.00 then on Sunday was $8.50. no parking available. $29.00 a day or as I was told "go park it yourself for $17.00 a day down the street, 1 day free and then they have to check your reservation to see if it is included? Still can't find anything about that on the website? We have stayed at many Marriott's and this was the absolute worst. 4 star - what a laugh! Carpets in rooms were filthy.

Room Tip: look at other hotels when in Denver!
3  Thank James B
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was pleased with the staff's helpfulness. I felt like an appreciated customer, from the time I checked in and they confirmed my "featherless" room, brought a menu up to my 12th floor room when I called, and just walking by the front desk having them ask if I need anything. Location is right by the rail stop as well...very convenient.

1  Thank Jesse M
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of close proximity (i.e. 5 min walk) to the Denver Convention Center. I found this hotel to be clean, the staff friendly, and quiet rooms despite being filled to max capacity. I was sharing a room with 2 other adults and I found the double beds too small to share. The bathroom is also tiny, no ventilation, but excellent shower water pressure. Overall the biggest perk is close proximity to downtown activities. I do feel it's overpriced.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stay here for several days, at least once a year. Over the last few years I've noticed it improving, and this year I was delighted to find just about everything exceeding my expectations.

Can't say enough about the attitude of the staff. Every single person always has a cheerful greeting, which seems genuine.

Ask for something, and they immediately scramble to take care of it.

The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable, and food and drink are top notch. The lady making breakfast omelettes in the cafe is honestly the best there is, and the servers are friendly enough to joke with you. That's a great way to start your morning! Even the bar in the lower level has a good beer selection.

All in all, I think they are at the top of their game, and I really commend them.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business