“Regular Marriott”

Denver Marriott City Center
Ranked #40 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 days attending a convention in the conv centre
The hotel is a good standard but nothing special
Rooms clean and comfortable though dated
Rates are quite high but it is city centre and very busy
Breakfast very good
Staff were very friendly and helpfully
Situated just 1 block from pedestrian 16th st mall, I was pleased with location and good range of food in the area.
52$ standard taxi fare from airport

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your recent comment. It's always great to hear from our customers. We are proud of our hotel and are happy you found our staff service to be friendly and helpful. We have great food options in the hotel as well as outside of our building so I'm thrilled you were able to experience it. Come back and see us soon! Steve

There are newer reviews for Denver Marriott City Center

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our friend chose this hotel as the host hotel for their wedding weekend. From booking to payment we had a HORRIBLE experience. When booking online their system was down so we were required to call in. At check in, we were supposed to have 1 room with a King Bed and 1 room bed w/2 doubles. Both rooms had King Beds. It took over 30 minutes for valet to get our car from the parking garage causing the bride and groom to be late for their wedding rehearsal. When trying to print a speech for the wedding the business center did not have any working printers, we were required to go to the front desk after being charged $7.95 for 15min of internet. The day we checked out we called for a bellman to come help with our bags, after waiting 30 minutes we had one of our friends help us. When we checked our bank statement we had been charged double the amount due. My husband and I both work in the hospitality industry. My husband actually works for a Ritz Carlton so we expected a lot more from another Marriott property. The rooms are decent but the customer service is absolutely horrible. We encountered one friendly and helpful employee, that was Sarah at the front desk. She helped us with the room mix up and got us into a room with two double beds quickly. We will not be going back to this property and would NOT recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I'm sorry your time at the hotel did not meet expectations. This is not typical service you would find at the hotel so I'm curious to know more about it. Please send me an e-mail so that I can contact you or your husband directly at steve.aronson@marriott.com.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great location, just a few blocks away from the Convention Center so very convenient. For the most part, it was a good stay but housekeeping (at least on the floor I stayed in) needs to be addressed. I ordered room service one night and left the tray outside my room early the next morning, only to find the same tray still there at 6PM, upon my return. Also, housekeeping took all my towels but didn't restock. I had to call the front desk and ask them to pick up the tray and restock towels. I went out again for dinner, came back, tray was gone but hallway was still littered with dirty empty glasses everywhere. Also, there was quite a bit of dust in the room. Look closely at the sconces near the bed, you'll see what I'm talking about. Not really what I was expecting as part of the Marriott experience. It seemed...a little sloppy for a Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We thank you for your feedback and strive to make your next stay with us better.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is my third or fourth stay at this location over years for various conferences. Beds are very comfy, food is decent. Great location. If you need a reliable business center do not use this hotel. The gal who manages it is great but she has many other duties in the hotel. Most machines were down every time I tried to use them. Staff are excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your business! Come back and see us again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in October, in a Standard King room on the 7th floor. The lobby staff were some of the most helpful, courteous people I have met in a long time (and I travel frequently)!

I had no issues with my stay. The hotel room was very much connected for business (wireless and wifi both available), and room cleaning was prompt and efficient. However I felt in this particular room that the furnishings, although clean and comfortable, were somewhat worn. Still, I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for your business! We look forward to hosting you at the hotel once again.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel few times on my business trip to Denver area. I love the location of this hotel. It is very close to 16th Street Mall and a lot of nice places to eat. Parking can be a problem, however I found a location one block from the Marriott on California street where you can park for $5 overnight. Rooms are nice (similar to any other marriott) and staff is very professional. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We love hearing your great feedbck. Please come stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed at the Denver Marriott City Center for work, and I could not have been more pleased. The hotel is located in the heart of Denver, and a short walk to almost any location. The room was comfortable and the conference site was ok. My only complaint was the conference wifi, supplied by the hotel was spotty at best. Made it difficult to get work done.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. Since your stay the hotel invested over $200,000 in network upgrades which fixes the internet problem you experienced. I hope you come see us again the next time you are in town.