“Super Location”

Denver Marriott City Center
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Everything you need in a hotel is provided here. Great location. 2 blocks from the main city thoroughfare. Comfortable rooms. Clean rooms. Quiet rooms. Good buffet breakfast. Pleasant staff. Nice basic gym and indoor pool. No complaints.
Hotel lobby is being refurbished so it's a bit of a maze to get to reception but I never heard any noise. Nice stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We really appreciate all the positive feedback about the hotel. I really hope you can come back and see us again once our renovations are completed. I’ll share this feedback during our next operations meeting.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Walking up to the hotel, you see a wonderful beautiful structure. The lobby is the same. Staff were friendly, just a little short. When asking about the area, staff knew a lot and helped me plan a nice getaway from work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for those great comments about the hotel. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've been on several business trips to Denver and stayed at other hotels downtown which were sold out this time so chose the Marriott City Centre which was a similar rate to the others I've stayed at in the past. While the staff were fantastic and friendly the rooms are sub par compared to other hotels. I had booked a king room and was checked into a double, however, upon a phone call to the front desk they quickly made the change. The room was nice but the bathroom was very tiny and cramped. This was also the first hotel to charge for wifi as the others included it as a bonus as being part of the convention.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the great feedback about our staff. We consistently conduct training that ensures the guest experience is “Excellent” from a customer service perspective. When comparing the size of our guest rooms to other hotels in Downtown Denver of our size, the square footage is very comparable. We hope you come back and see us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at the Denver Marriott City Center for one night as part of a business trip. Overall, the accommodations are what you would expect from a Marriott. My room was very nice and the service was professional. I did not visit the bar, restaurant or gym during my stay so I can't comment on those amenities (although the bar was packed when I check in on a Tuesday night). My main criticism is that like most hotels these days, all the adds on are very expensive. The only parking they have available is valet parking for $30 a night and of course, you have to pay to connect to the wi-fi. Given the room rate and the fact that this Marriott caters to business travelers, it would be nice if they would provide free wi-fi rather than trying to nickel and dime their guests for every amenity.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Great feedback! We pride ourselves on providing a great product and service. We offer alternatives to valet parking to our guests so please take advantage of those the next time you are in town. Thank you for being our guest and come back and see us again.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are tiny and cramped. There was a lightbulb burned out in the bathroom. Parking is very expensive. No water pressure. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. You can get a lot better room for your money.

The only good thing is that it's in walking distance of 16th street mall.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback as we always continue to try and improve our products and services we provide our guests. I would encourage you that anytime you stay in a Marriott hotel that you let the staff know if there is something wrong with the room. We have a team on-site dedicated to ensuring everything is in working order when you arrive. In this case, your light bulb could have been replaced in seconds. Please compare room sizes and parking charges the next time you stay in Downtown Denver as we believe we are comparable to other hotels like ours. Give us another chance the next time you are here!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We switched our hotel to this one from the Brown Palace, wished I didn't do that.

This Marriott in the center of the city is convenient, but that's about it. Service was sub-par - especially as a platinum member. Room condition was poor, breakfast was a rip-off.

Upon checking in we went to our room, which had a decent "mountain view", but definitely not what I asked upon checking in, nor asking about an upgrade to a nicer room with a better view. The room was also in stage of disrepair, with paint/wall paper peeling and many scuff marks throughout the room.

Additionally, the room was rather small and the bathroom was tiny - definitely not the quality I was expecting.

The bed itself was not the most comfortable of marriott bed's I've stayed in either.

As a platinum member I get breakfast for free - this hotel said that if I wanted hot items I had to pay $6 extra per person to receive this. I mentioned having over 70 nights stayed this year in a number of hotels and have never experienced this before. She said that is their policy. Strange/bad policy - definitely not the experience I expected.

Definitely will not stay here - will certainly try the Brown palace on the next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback about the hotel. I want to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. As a platinum member, you are our most valued customer and should be treated as such. We continue to improve the hotel by spending money on various renovation projects and enhancements. As for the service in our hotel, we often times are complimented on it. Our service scores are always on the forefront of what we do so I urge you to come back and try us again the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

When your rooms are small and dated, you are under renovation and you recently were cited for cockroachs in the kitchen, you think you would make up for it with customer service. I checked in my a coworker who received a rate $100 less per night than me for side by side rooms (his was $189 and mine was $290). When I asked them to reconsider my rate they said they would get back to me and never did. When I reminded them, they refused to do anything about it saying that I booked later and they were close to full so our corporate rate did not apply. I checked out and went to an outstanding room at the Hotel Monaco for $100 less and free internet and received a suite because they actually wanted my corporate business. The Monaco is rated as one of the best 500 hotels in the world! This Marriott might not even be in the top 500 hotels in Denver. I am an executive of a company with offices across the street from this hotel and no one from our company will ever stay there again. I am a Marriott fan but this hotel stinks.

Room Tip: Ignore this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike N
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thanks for your feedback as we would appreciate the chance to regain your trust in our hotel. Room rates are dictated by our availability at the time of booking which is most likely why you did not receive your special corporate rate. We are conducting on-going training for our staff to be able to respond back to our guest questions about rates and availability.

We are aware of the reported issues related to the hotel. Marriott takes food safety very seriously and as a result has established very strict food handling policies and procedures. We have corrected all matters identified in the inspection report and are taking the appropriate steps to prevent this situation from happening again. At no time were the hotel’s food and beverage operations closed and the hotel passed the most recent health department inspection in December 2013.