“4 Star Price, 2 Star Accomodations”

Denver Marriott City Center
Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 July 2014

It was just okay. The hallway had a hole in the wall, the hair dryer quit working mid-way through drying my hair, parking fees are extremely high, internet is not free, there's also a charge for local calls, & beds are no better than the pillow-top bedding at a typical 2-3 star hotel for less $$. The quick interaction we had at the front desk during check-in was on par with what you come to expect at any decent hotel. However, the lack basic "freebies" you come to expect at hotels including internet and local calls and the extremely high parking price leave much to be desired. There was even a charge to use the business center for anything other than internet, including the use of MS Word. We had breakfast off-site because it was cheaper and we didn't have time to try the pool or fitness center so I can't comment on that. The walls were thin, as I could hear every noise in the hallway and cleanliness is apparently not a huge priority on a busy night. There was a cloth napkin from someone's room service order on the floor in the hall next to their door when we arrived early in the evening. When we left at 11ish the next morning it was still on the floor and the housekeeper who was on making her rounds apparently decided it wasn't important to pick it up. Overall it is a nice hotel, but certainly not worth the hundreds of dollars a night costs considering the antiquated policies of nickel-and-diming you for basic things that even the cheapest of hotels owned by the same company provide for free. Parking $35. Internet: 2 packages $4.95 just for basic email and surfing and $12.95 for higher speeds. Local calls: $1.00 connection charge plus the length of call (or so the information provided to us read, we didn't try it). Breakfast: online the buffet price says $14.99 if purchased ahead, we weren't offered said buffet, but merely told where to find the restaurants and bar. If you can get a killer deal on any of the last minute price sites or name your own price concepts, than this is worth the stay. If you are paying full price (average price we found was $309, but depending on where you booked they ranged $209-$450) than be prepared to spend a fortune more just to make the most of your stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Denver Marriott City Center. We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative. Your comments are essential in helping us to maintain and improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope you will consider joining us again in the future, so we can offer an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Location is great in downtown. It's not on the pan-handler street but that's about a block over. I walked my friend to her hotel at night, around 9pm so not that late, and her hotel looked beautiful but as soon as soon as your on the sidewalk you felt unsafe. As a woman that's important that's why I was happy to be at this hotel it has a very nice lobby. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms seemed modern and were clean. Good sized too. I was bummed that the 2 plugs by the bed did not work but the one at the desk did to charge up my phone & iPad. I didn't call it in since I would end up getting to the hotel late (I was there for a trade show) and didn't want anyone coming to the room to check it out at midnight. Other than that I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked to be on 17th floor or higher based on reviews & I really think that's why my room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the Denver Marriott City Center! We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, our friendly and accommodating staff, and the clean rooms. We are sorry to hear that plugs were not working and we will pass this on to our team. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The newly renovated lobby at this hotel was well done, but the front desk staff was the most pleasant surprise. Alisha at the front desk was very friendly, professional, and went above and beyond with taking care of our specific requests for help. Marriott hotels in general have courteous staff, but the service at the Denver Marriott City Center was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed an excellent stay at the Denver Marriott City Center! We are very proud of our guest services and it is wonderful to know that you found Alisha and our team to be so welcoming and helpful. Thank you for choosing Marriott and taking the time to write a review. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We enjoyed our four day stay here. Room was comfortable, although our room faced an office building. We kept curtains closed for privacy. Only thing I would note is that the longer our stay the less care our room received. By the third day we really needed the floor in bathroom etc. cleaned. We were asked daily when we would check out? and it seemed as if we were skipped over with detail cleaning. There is a push to be environmentally friendly. I promise if I could hang up a towel I would reuse it.

That said I enjoyed the staff and the easy access this hotel allowed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your stay at the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your honest feedback and we will use your comments to improve the hotel experience moving forward. Thank you for your positive comments on our staff! We take great pride in our guest services. We hope you will join us again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Arrived late after the worst day ever. Valet was so friendly and welcoming. Front desk staff could see I was beyond frazzled. They checked me in quickly and sent me upstairs with extra bottles of water. Room was very comfortable, clean and attractive. A nice breakfast was offered. The valet parking fees were some of the highest I've ever paid in Denver and seemed a bit much to me. Other than that, a great hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Denver Marriott City Center! We are pleased to know that our team was able to take such good care of you. We are very proud of our guest services and it is wonderful to know that you found them to be so welcoming. We appreciate your positive feedback on our rooms, the breakfast, and your overall stay. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The lobby had me hooked, it's beautiful. The location is right in downtown, it's perfect. However, for the price it's okay. It's not the best, not the worst. Nothing came with our room it was $200+ which to me you can get a better deal elsewhere. The staff was great, very helpful. I thought I had read on the website that it would be $20 to valet, however it was $30 which was kind of irritating. The inside isn't anything spectacular. It is a bed, and it has a tv. And you may even get a room with a sweet view! It is quite, however we were staying at the very end of the floor away from any elevators. I would tell people to choose somewhere else, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye...

Room Tip: Try to get one away from elevators, but that goes for basically any hotel, right?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as your comments help us to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our lobby and the location. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent four days here on business. First of all great location. Within walking distance of Larimer Street and terrific restaurants. Stayed on the Concierge floor which provided great food and drink. Room was very clean and well maintained. Staff was very friendly. Bottom line I just liked my stay there.

1  Thank NewJerseyPhil
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your positive comments on our great location, the concierge floor, well maintained room, and friendly staff. We take great pride in our guest services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.