“Business trip”

Denver Marriott City Center
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had a conference here this weekend. I had downloaded the Marriott App for the iPhone and was able to check-in and check-out on the app. I was able to check in up to the day prior, and about 2pm the day of arrival I got a notification on my phone that the room was ready. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by a fantastic valet named Tony. We did have to make a quick stop at the front desk to pick up keys for the room. We had a two double bed room, which was small for my wife, myself, and a 20 year old son. The room was clean, great 40 something inch TV with way better than average picture. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Denver Marriott City Center! We are thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our mobile check-in. We appreciate your positive comments on our friendly and helpful staff as we take great pride in our guest services. We look forward to passing along your kind feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the room and your overall stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Well I agree that the rooms are typical box type and the bathrooms are small, but the room was fresh and clean, the bed was amazingly comfortable and the service was WOW!
The Valet attendant was over the top, the concierge RICH, went over the top to help with last minute dinner reservations and very attentive to group.
Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tom C
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to offer a review. We appreciate your kind comments on the clean and comfortable rooms, and the great service throughout your stay. We look forward to passing along your kind comments about the valet and concierge. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is your typical Marriott, quite dated and box like rooms. It is clean and the rooms are quite big but the pillows are a cross between large cushions and half size pillows. Air con is a little noisy but it is very efficient. Staff are efficient but the ones that come across as friendly are the room maids who often get overlooked. Very nice.

Thankfully for me this was a quick visit but it should be mentioned that my real pet hate came to light big time while in this hotel. For some reason the Hotels in the US (with very few exceptions) use very powerful self closing door mechanisms, metal doors and metal frames, which results in the most annoying bang always when you are trying to rest. Why they cannot modify this system is beyond me as 7 of my colleagues all commented on the same issue. With constant door slamming and loud talking in corridoors you do take a chance on undisturbed rest.

My comment may sound harsh but this problem seems to occur at every hotel I visit (especially Marriott) and no one has ever responded to my comments specifically, replies have been the bog standard mail shot type. It really has become extremely frustrating especially when you have limited time to rest before a flight.. !

Also on this stay I had an unpleasant issue with the Bathroom which does not need to be described here, Maintenance arrived very quickly and spent some time sorting the issue. The Maintenance Man was very helpful and extremely apologetic, when I checked out there was no mention of this problem or apology so obviously channels of communication are quite closed.

Unfortunately I do not have a choice with where I stay but if I did I would definitely search out something that had some character and was more personal, sorry but Marriott really does not do it for me !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Steve A, Director of Sales at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your very candid and honest feedback. As far as the service you received at the hotel, it sounds like the Hosts you came into contact with were friendly, came quickly and efficient. The people truly make the difference within our hotel. I’ll meet with our Engineering team to ensure your comments are reviewed. We value your feedback and will do everything in our power to fix this noise issue. Come back and see us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Checking in and out is fast and efficient. There is only 1 food outlet which served better food than expected from appearance of the outlet. Bed was comfortable and Air-condition was strong although some may find the noise annoying. Lifts can be slow especially when occupancy is high.
Gym has many Cardio machines and basic weight stations.
Again it is the small items that gets noticed by the traveler such as no replenishment of tea and coffee despite staying 4 nights. In addition no leeway on check out time even though there was a massive check out due to end of conference and from a practical view there was no way housekeeping could clean all rooms at the same time so giving 1-2 hours would have made little difference to the Hotel. There was no complaint about housekeeping except they were slow and the room would only be cleaned by 5pm.
Location is convenient but no compulsion to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of your experience at the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your honest feedback on your experience as your comments allow us to continue to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the dining and our fast and efficient front desk. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future to be able to offer an experience that exceeds your expectations, should your travels bring you back to Denver.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this Marriott Hotel this past weekend for vacation and the hotel is conveniently located close to many bars, restaurants, stores and local attractions downtown Denver has to offer. We pulled in the valet area, checked in inside the lobby which took less than 5 minutes, attendants there offer to take your bags up to your room and help unload your vehicle. Once inside the room, the bags are brought up to my room and I was asked if I wanted anything else, and I asked where I could purchase bottled water and our attended went to go get us some at no charge, complimentary. The double beds are fairly small, smaller than a queen size bed but comfortable, desktop area is fancy provided with wireless keyboard, granite countertop at the bathroom sink, the bathroom tub itself is standard, basic channels on their 32 inch LCD TV, only a couple of HBO channels with bad reception, internet is NOT FREE, $4.95/day fee, is fairly good internet for basic web surfing but should be complimentary for the price your paying to stay here. The room didn't include a mini fridge so I called the lobby to request one and it's free at no charge, they brought it up in about 5 minutes and set it up themselves. Our rooms included a breakfast package at the Allies American Grille, just provide them your room number and your all set. They offer menu items fairly pricey, but it was included, so I got their breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, croissants, danishes, yogurt, fresh fruit and potatoes as well. The breakfast also included unlimited Starbucks regular coffee and juice refills so that is a plus, Our waitress attended us fairly well, and we off we headed to the 16th Street Mall. When it came the time to depart, a valet attendant is sent up to our room to load our luggages and take it down to valet and load it onto our truck. This hotel is ideal for business stays or for leisure if you want to avoid driving in downtown Denver, a bit pricey but the service and ammunities here make it all worth it. The fitness center offers a variety of equipment and is located next to the pool on the 2nd floor.
P.S. Get the breakfast and parking package for more than a night stay, more bang for the buck.

Room Tip: High floor rooms less foot traffic, parking/breakfast package more value for your money if staying m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your experience! We are quite pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for your positive feedback on everything from our location to the breakfast. We appreciate your honest feedback on your stay, both positive and negative. This feedback helps us to continually improve the guest experience. It is wonderful to know that you found the staff service to be welcoming and helpful, as we take great pride in our guest services. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was initially my third choice but found it should have been first on service alone! We had booked too standard rooms but were given a standard and a connected suite instead. complimentary breakfasts, extra roll aways etc were also given. Awesome service.

Stayed: July 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the Denver Marriott City Center! We appreciate your positive feedback on our service as we strive for the best in our guest services. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodations. We hope you will join us again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Denver.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

To charge a premium price for a nice hotel is ok. But to nic-pic and charge for Wi-fi goes against all logic. The more inexpensive hotels offer Wi-Fi for free. Their business model brings dollars to the bottom line, but may leave customers looking for other hotels. I still enjoy their locations in the big cities, but maybe I need to look at Hilton's,Holiday Inn's, etc.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas K
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your comments about the WiFi charges you incurred while staying at the hotel. We take the feedback from our guests very seriously. WiFi service is available in our hotel for free in the lobby. When comparing like-size hotels in Downtown Denver, the charge is about the same at the bigger hotels. While the smaller limited service hotels you referred to do offer complimentary internet, in most cases those same hotels don’t offer amenities such as room service, bellmen, multiple restaurants on-site, bars, concierge, etc. which all add to the enjoyment of guests at larger hotels. Thank you again for sharing a review and we hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.