“This Is A Great Hotel For Business Travelers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“This Is A Great Hotel For Business Travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

As a business traveler I found this hotel to be one of the most outstanding values in the Denver area. Because of the job that I do I'm required to stay in Denver on a weekly /monthly basis and this property has consistently provided me with a well above average room for the price, a well mannered and knowledgeable front desk staff that is cheerful and easy to work with . Even during peak periods they have never "walked" me to another property because of lack of available rooms and that has helped to keep me returning here time after time.

The reservations department and hotel management staff are well within reach should a problem arise and have gone out of their way on numerous occasions to correct any problems I have had during my stays. They are never without a friendly smile and are again easy to get along with and most helpful.

The restaurant and bar are on par with most equally priced hotels in the area and room service is always on time even during peak periods. The food is good and menu is decent as far has hotel fare goes.

The pool and spa are accessible until 10 pm ( which is a little early for weekend and holidays) and even thought the pool itself is a outdoor pool it is heated during the winter for year round use.

The best views are on the west side facing the mountains near the upper floors. There are plenty of restaurants available nearby as a WalMart and 24 hours Walgreens within walking distance.Although this property does have it's ups and downs as any place will it's where I stay.....

Room Tip: West facing up hi. Great sunsets.!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Polarbear0525
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts about our property and that you believe it to be one of the most outstanding values in the Denver area! This means so much to us as we take great pride in what we do! We cherish your business and constant gratitude towards our property and staff members!

Amber Mansfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I don't know what airport hotel this used to be, but the Holiday Inn in Stapleton has done a marvelous job of refurbishing an older hotel. It has a giant atrium and 11 floors of rooms. Our room had a huge patio with a view of the city from the 11th floor (Thanks Alyssa!!!).

Room and bathroom are a bit small but very well appointed. Modernized throughout except an ancient TV. Flatscreens needed! One issue with the bathroom is that there are these glass shelves above the toilet, which are very nice, but they are in direct line as you reach for the toilet paper. I can see someone getting injured from the sharp edges.

Got an incredible price (truly unbelievable!) on priceline for the room and it was so worth it. Parking is free as well as the internet. Would not hesitate at all to stay here again...truly the best Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank everyshadeofblue
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Thank you for letting us know how everything went during your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton! We truly appreciate your positive feedback! The hotel has been a full service Holiday Inn for just over a year now. Prior to the conversion, it was a Radisson. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with our complimentary parking and Internet services as well as our open atrium and view of the Downtown Denver area from your guest patio on the eleventh floor! These are several of the things we are fortunately able to share with our guests! I also appreciate you mentioning our need for flatscreen TVs in the guest rooms. This should be happening for us in the near future! As for your concern with the glass shelves in our bathrooms, I will make sure to bring this to the attention of our General Manager and Chief Engineer. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

I was looking for a hotel to hold an event for my clients and I happened to pass by the Holiday Inn @ Stapleton. This Hotel is a great place to host a large conference or host a smaller event like a meetup. The lobby is "ELEGANT", the rooms are "AMAZING" and the staff is "OUTSTANDING" classy hotel all the way. The hotel staff will make sure your event is a success. I will refer this hotel to other clients and I also plan on hosting more events there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank UrbanandSexy
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Thank you for your most recent comments on the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton. We truly appreciate your positive feedback as we take great pride in what we do! I am pleased to hear that you thought our lobby was elegant, our rooms were amazing, and our staff was outstanding! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future for another event and/or overnight stay!

Winter Park, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

We live in the mountains west of Denver and frequently need overnight lodging before or after air travel on our trips. The Holiday Inn at Stapleton is the perfect place and has become our hotel of choice. They have covered parking for our car; a shuttle to/from the airport every half hour; reasonable rates; clean, fresh, modern rooms; and a wonderful staff. Last night on our return from a trip to the east coast, our plane was delayed in Chicago for over 5 hours making our arrival in Denver 2:30 am. The hotel shuttle service ends at mid-night but they told us to use a cab and they paid the entire cab fare. It just doesn't get better than that.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sommerak
I am thrilled to hear that the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton has become your hotel of choice! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased that you were able to take full advantage of the several amenities we offer here at the property. I will most certainly pass along your comments concerning the convenience of our covered parking, shuttle service to and from the airport, clean/fresh/modern rooms, and our wonderful staff! We take great pride in our customer service, so thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went with your stay! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

We arrived and found our room to be filthy. Someone had cut their hair, or trimmed a dog on the bed after the room had been cleaned ! YUK ! The bed was one with adjustable options....it was hard and very uncomfortable. We liked the location, but found the hotel lacking in many areas.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 58livinlavidaloca77
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how everything went with your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton. I apologize that your expectations were not met while staying with us. I do remember personally speaking with you about the cleanliness of your room and hopefully you were pleased by the service our Executive Housekeeper, Ana, provided once the issue was brought to her attention. I know the incident was probably extremely frustrating for you and I apologize for that! I also apologize that you were unable to find comfort in one of our Sleep Number Beds. We do have rooms on property that do not have these, so please let us know in the future if you are uncomfortable, so we can move you to a different room. We want to make sure you are comfortable throughout your entire stay! If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly and I will make sure to take care of you for experiencing these inconveniences! I look forward to hearing from you!

Front Office Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

Great service in the bar with Jay and Rasheed . Food quality is good. The front desk staff is awesome in every way. Sleep number beds make for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Mountain view room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jcbjr
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Thank you for letting us know how everything was with your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton. We truly appreciate your business as well as your positive feedback about the service you received while staying with us! I will surely pass along to Jay and Rasheed how pleased you were with their service as well as our front desk team! We're glad you were able to sleep comfortably in one of our wonderful Sleep Number Beds! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

Maybe it's not a good choice if you plan to spend a lot of time downtown, one-way taxi will cost you about $20. Taxi drivers also told me that the neighbourhood is not very safe around the hotel during nighttime. But otherwise it's a very good place, plus you can get a room with wonderful mountain view (including view on the downtown itself).
One strange thing that the room service hasn't actually visited my room during the 3 days I stayed there... Though the room itself was very comfortable and I enjoyed my stay there overall.

Room Tip: ask for mountain view room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Max G
AmberMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Thank you for letting us know how everything went with your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East – Stapleton. I’m pleased to hear that not only your room was comfortable, but that you were able to enjoy the view of Downtown Denver as well as the Rocky Mountains! We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future!

Front Office Manager