Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$203
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
US$168
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront desknational jewish hospitalbreakfast buffetthe shuttle driverparking garageenjoyed my stayomeletfree shuttlebalconyspurairportquebecdowntownairlineatriuminnsrockies
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Hotel was ok overall. A few things to mention that I didn't like - upon checking the bed - lifting the sheets - it looked like the mattress pad had not been changed from previous guests on both beds. Called down to front desk but our phone didn't work so I ended up going downstairs and asking for new mattress pads and clean sheets for both beds. This was after housekeeping had gone home - so the security officer brought them up. Both mattresses had some spots on them - kind of gross but after putting on clean linen thought it was ok. I didn't like the bathroom set up. There wasn't any counter space to set things. It only had glass shelves above the toilet which was dangerous since things could fall in. The air conditioner worked great but was noisy - and they definitely need to upgrade the tv's in the room to flat screen. The sleep number beds controls didn't seem to work. I am not familiar with these so didn't know how to adjust, but the one controller never showed any numbers on the controller and the other one never changed numbers. Now for the positive review - WiFi worked great - no problems. The hotel was overall clean and quiet. We were traveling with a softball team and one night the hotel had their shuttle driver take all of the girls to the movie theatre and and brought them back free of charge. I thought that was very nice of the hotel and the girls had fun. Also, the hotel did a special breakfast each morning for all of the teams staying at the hotel for the tournament. This was a great money saver. The breakfast had cereals, toast, pastries, bagels, fruit, juices, eggs, potatoes, sausage, coffee all for free for all teams. I was very impressed on how the hotel did these things and made us feel very welcome. Great staff - friendly and helpful. I also liked the balcony. We were on the ninth floor and had a great view. I did like the hotel, but thought the beds could have been cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

I apologize that your expectations were not 100% met during your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback; however, as it allows us to improve in certain areas of the hotel, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please know that we use these reviews as a measuring tool to see how well we are performing, so I will surely pass along your comments to our staff. We do love when our sports teams are in-house, so I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you for not only transportation to and from the movie theater, but a wonderful breakfast as well. I am also pleased to hear that our Internet service met your expectations as well as the customer service our staff provided! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This hotel proved to be very average. It was ok in quality, with good sized rooms and comfortable beds. However, the Air Con was very loud, and would often wake me at night. The wi-fi was very flakey, and couldn't really cope with the number of users at the hotel.

The hotel is also a long way from downtown, with most cabs costing between $25 and $30. There is a small retail park and a few chain restaraunts over the road, but for good food, you really need to head downtown, which makes for an expensive round trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything was with your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business! I am pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and that our rooms met your expectations, however, I apologize that your air conditioning unit was not working properly. Please let us know these types of issues in the future so we can resolve them immediately for you. Your comfort is extremely important to us! I also apologize that our Internet service did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of upgrading our system. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at the hotel in July, I found the hotel to be tired internally, an example of which is the pool area and pool which was dirty and run down. In addition the hotel lobby air con didn't really cope with the hot weather + the air con system in the room was about the size of a very large trunk and to noisey and thus to loud to have on at night which lead to a room to hot to sleep in. The only saving grace were the staff who were all very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PrinceyNaz
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

I apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton. I will make sure to pass along your comments and concerns to our General Manager, Chief Engineer, and Executive Housekeeper. In the future, please report any issues of discomfort to us as we want you to feel comfortable throughout your entire stay! We would have gladly moved you to another room or had our Chief Engineer take a look at your air conditioning unit. We also would have sent our Executive Housekeeper to look into the cleanliness of pool area. We certainly hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I would like to let you know about the exceptional service I received upon my arrival at the hotel. It was such a pleasure to receive such outstanding customer service and the person responsible for this review is Annalesha. It is refreshing to see someone take pride in her job and the well being of the guest at the hotel. My husband and I felt welcomed from the moment we stepped into the lobby until our departure. Annalesha should be commended for a job WELL DONE!! She went beyond the call of duty and the world would be a much better place if we had more people like her that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and it was so refreshing to receive this type of service from someone of the younger generation. Our experience at the hotel made our trip enjoyable and we will definitely return for a future visit and I will tell friends and family about the experience at this hotel and will recommend this hotel with the highest rating possible. Thanks again for providing outstanding customer service via Annalesha and please let her know that she made a lasing impression on our family. Many thanks and we will see you on our next visit to Denver. OUTSTANDING JOB!!!! and KUDOS to Annalesha.

Room Tip: The room was clean and inviting
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dunchie
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt welcomed from the moment you walked through our front door! We take great pride in what we do, so it is always fantastic to hear that we have made an impression on someone's stay. I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team here at the Holiday Inn Denver East - Stapleton and commend Annalesha for her exceptional guest service. We are so lucky to have her! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I was there for my family reunion for 3 days. This was a nice hotel with a good location. But it was a little outdated & the vents and fans did need some dusting. I did enjoy the sleep number bed but not all rooms have them. The shuttle was right on time & free. Overall our family did enjoy out stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ldhill
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us! We always take pleasure in having family reunions on property, so thank you for choosing our hotel! I will make sure to pass along your comments to our team as we take great pride in what we do! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!