“Great front desk service”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #57 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Drew at the front desk went out of his way several times to accommodate special requests, always cheerful and helpful. Rooms (ours was quiet) and restaurant are fine, but it's Drew that is this hotel's best asset.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor facing downtown.
Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryVacationer25
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. I am so thankful to hear that Drew was able to make a lasting impression on you! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team, including Drew himself. We hope to welcome you back to the property in the near future, but until then, take care!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

airport shuttle is not 24hr service. there are 3 hours of the day, they don't even provide service. The business card they give us to call for shuttle to pick up our car (fly & park) is the front office mgr's personal card. of course it go directly into voice mail. Badly run holel..

2  Thank 82aileen82
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Unfortunately, you are correct, our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport does not run 24 hours a day. The first shuttle of the morning is at 4:35am and runs continuously until 12:05am. We do not run the shuttle between 12:05am and 4:35am because we normally do not have guest's checking in with us at that time. I would be more then happy to further discuss this matter with you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

If you are going to National Jewish Hospital in Denver for tests, I highly recommend staying at The Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton. My husband and I were there for ten days and it made my hospital visit bearable. They had a van that took us to the hospital every morning and picked us up in the afternoon. Ralph, the driver/manager, did everything he could to make us feel comfortable and accommodated. The food was excellent and the room service was fast and good. The staff were wonderful and the rates were very reasonable. When I go back in six months, that is where I will stay. Thanks for an enjoyable hotel

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor, no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank marcahelene
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on our property! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to and from National Jewish Hospital. I will certainly make sure to pass along your comments to our entire team, including Ralph, our Chief Engineer. I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage services as well as the customer service our staff members were able to provide you during your stay. We highly value our partnership with National Jewish Hospital, so we are thrilled to hear that you'll be coming back in the near future! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We arrived after a long flight check in was quick and easy no complaints.
We were given a room on the left of reception on a high floor.
Once in the room was very noisy and ready for bed we realised that the noise of what must be a v loud generator or maint unit was going to continue indefinitely and we were not going to get any sleep.
I phoned to reception to change rooms we were actually offered the room directly below!!! I said how is that going to help with the noise issue is there anything on another side? I mean was he joking!
He replied that they had nothing else to offer us and we would have to downgrade to a small queen room on the other side.
I asked him to confirm this as we had paid for a large executive room.
I was told there was nothing else he could do so basically like it or lump it!
Felt we had no choice but to move to the downgrade if we were going to get a wink of sleep.
So transferred the room smelt old and musty and was so small.
bed was comfortable I will be fair in the review and we did sleep well.just the guest experience as a whole in terms of everything else was rubbish.
Bathrooms were pokey and needing a refurb.
In fact whole hotel needs doing up.
Breakfast was disgusting: fact No choice and cold stale vile food. The choice was cold dry scrambled eggs with nothing to go with a cooked breakfast. Some ropey sausage no bacon or anything else.
Couldn't eat it and had to go to Walmart to buy food across the road.
Was planning on staying again on way back from Rockies but glad didn't prebook. We chose the doubletree Hilton Denver Which was a pleasure to stay at and a much better choice for similar cost.
I would never stay here again and as an ambassador member of the intercontinental group it was a real let down as i normally choose a hotel within this group and had to choose a diff brand of hotel it was that bad and will be writing to let them know.
Hilton seems like they offer so much more value and a better honours programme which guarantee benefits.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. As an Ambassador, I can understand your frustration for the inconveniences you experienced and truly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. Please know that we highly value your dedication and loyalty to the IHG brand!
It sounds like we were sold out of our king rooms with a view, which happens most evenings as we use them to upgrade our Priority Club members. They're also extremely popular due to the view of the Rocky Mountains and skyline of downtown Denver. I am pleased to hear, however, that you were able to get a good nights sleep after moving to one of our queen nonsmoking rooms located on the east side of the building. Your comfort is extremely important to us.
We truly hope that you will give us another chance in the near future as we take great pride in our property and the service we provide our guests. I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be more then happy to give you credit towards your next stay with us!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked over hotwire at 55.00 per night. Booking with the hotel directly would have been 119.00. For that price it was an amazing deal. However my friend got a room next to the fitness center without a microwave and fridge. At that it was a noisy room without the ability to make things hot or keep things cold. However my room was equipped with a microwave and fridge. All rooms have balconies and are within walking distance shopping and eating. I'd definitely go back,

Room Tip: ask about the fridge and microwave if you prefer
1  Thank chester151
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

I'm so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton and plan on coming back to the property in the near future! We greatly appreciate your positive feedback! Please know that not all of our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators in them; however, they are available upon request. I sincerely apologize that your friend had a different experience with us. As guests, it's important to know that you're able to express your concerns to the front desk at anytime so they can be resolved immediately. We would have been more then happy to move your friend to a different room!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed for two nights recently for a weekend - and it was nice, on our budget, and pet friendly so we could bring our dog with us. Every room has a balcony which is very great. Our room on the 8th west-facing floor had a bed which was a new(er) king sized 'sleep by number' bed, which has a thin adjustable air mattress on the top, and you can adjust the firmness by a remote attached to the bed. Was extremely comfortable to sleep on!! Sheets/blankets and pillows are nice too. Plus, the room had a very large flat-screen LG tv. The floors seem to be concrete construction, and the walls sounded more insulated than other hotels we've been to, so it was very quiet and we slept great the 2 nights we were there on a weekend. The hotel has a restaurant & a bar with a pool table in the floor level, plus a pool with hot tub, and salon/masseuse. Plus, video-monitored underground parking below the buildings and more parking above on pavement. Easy access to the city. I'd recommend to ask for a higher-level room facing west (7-11th floors), since you'll have a great view of the city and mountains, and a great sunset. Looks like a well kept hotel will plan on staying here again when visiting the Denver area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MuchaKoda
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! Thank you for your wonderful comments on our property, including that we are pet friendly, have a fabulous restaurant and lounge as well a lovely pool area and spa, that each room has a balcony, comfortable Sleep Number bed, and brand new 42" flat screen TV. Next time you stay with us, make sure to request a room on one of our high floors, facing the west, so you can enjoy the breath taking view of the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 1:00am and was greated by AJ and he checked me in quickly and effeciently. He was friendly and seemed to know that I'd had a long day, traveling from Myrtle Beach. My overall visit was excellent and what I've come to expect from Holiday Inn properties. Thanks Very Much...

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and it was fine. Also, I'd recommend being a Holiday Inn Gold traveler f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after staying with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! We truly appreciate your positive feedback and recognition! I am so pleased to hear that AJ was able to accommodate you in a friendly and efficient manner, especially at such a late hour and after having traveled all day. I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team, including AJ at the front desk! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you're in the Denver area!