“Great upgrades”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #58 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Had a quick trip to Denver and wanted to stay close to the airport. I hadn't stayed at this property in a few years but the upgrades are great. Rooms were extremely comfortable and staff was amazing. Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to come back and stay with us after not visiting for several years and thoroughly enjoy our upgrads, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff! We truly appreciate your business as well as your postive feedback, so thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything went during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I initially booked this hotel because of the complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as I was flying out of Denver early the next morning. I had never stayed at this location before but had read such wonderful reviews on it that I had to give it a try and boy was I impressed! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating, the room was clean, and breakfast had a wide variety of options to choose from. I didn't have the chance to swim in the pool but I checked it out and it was well kept and inviting. I also learned that they have a spa called Waxing Moon, which I've never seen at a Holiday Inn before. A special thanks to Amanda and Amber at the Front Desk who were always so helpful and friendly with my questions. I also appreciated the friendliness of the restaurant staff, Josh and Rashid (?) included. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Denver!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna M
ALMansfield, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for writing such a great review about our hotel. We are so very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We hope you will visit us in the future so we can welcome you back to our property. Our staff will be very pleased to know they helped you have such a great experience while you were visiting Denver. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Amber Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed here many years ago, before it was a Holiday Inn. It's an excellent location for us, as we have family nearby. So we decided to give it another shot, and were glad we did.

Frankly, the first impression had us worried. Upon arriving about 8 p.m. on a Thursday night, the parking lot was packed with people who appeared to either be arriving to or leaving an event at the hotel. So it was difficult to find a place to park-- until we found that there's a not very well signed entrance to an underground parking garage behind the building. Plenty of space to park there.

We got inside and, in another not so great impression, noticed that the computers and printer in business center were out of commission. And the pool area had been overrun by a baseball team. Then we arrived at the front desk and I'm guessing we got there at a bad time because a nearby customer was having a not-so-pleasant conversation with a hotel employee, and the person checking us in didn't seem happy to see us. It was the end of the day, so I don't blame them for not being chipper. But, still, a more friendly welcome would've been nice.

Anyway, the important part is we got to the room and were really quite pleased with it. After the lobby experience, I feared that whole baseball team would be staying in the adjoining room, but they must have taken refuge elsewhere because we ended up getting a nice, quiet night of sleep. The room itself was as functional as any Holiday Inn. Very comfortable.

Checkout was a lot more quiet than check-in. Not sure this would be our first choice on a return visit, but it was much better than our first impression had us thinking it would be.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcboy
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am happy to hear that your stay overall was a good experience. We love to hear feedback from our guests! I do apologize that your first impression was not the greatest. It sounds like you arrived at a very high traffic time, but I am glad you were able to locate our additional parking and find your room pleasant and quiet. I do apologize that your reception at our desk was not the warm greeting you (or we) would expect. I will pass along your comments to my staff and stress the importance of that first impression! Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We chose this hotel for the price, and paid for it with our lack of sleep. The room was decent, had a new sleep number bed and very nice bedding--so we were looking forward to a restful night's sleep. It was a very hot weekend so we had no choice but to use the air conditioner. Even with the fan set on "low" and the temp set as high as we could stand it, every time the air kicked on it sounded like a bus running through our room. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

I greatly apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Unfortunately, Colorado has been hit with some incredibly hot days and I am so sorry to hear that the air conditioner in your room was not working properly. Our engineering staff have been working hard to keep each A/C unit working and in good condition and it seems there may have been one they were enable to catch before your arrival. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I understand it must have been extremely frustrating. We certainly hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very Friendly staff. Everyone is always smiling and wanting to help out. Whether you are a regular or a new guest they treat you with a smile and a warm welcome. Best ever!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review on our property! As a hotel we strive to to provide excellent guest service to each guest and we love to hear when we have succeeded in doing so. Please know that we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Besides the glamour shot of the pool on their website, the thing that stands out the most was how very long we waited for the elevator. Constantly... My husband finally figured out that in order to actually get it to you, you have to push the up button, or it will never come to you - ever...
This wasn't just in the morning when everyone was leaving - it was all of the time. We spent more time waiting (along with the other 200 frustrated people) The stairs didn't lead to the lobby, which just irriatated everyone even more.
The neighborhood was kind of iffy - across the street is very urban and new, yet on the side the hotel is on there are people hanging out most of the night - and not in a good way...
The room was clean, but the smallest I've seen. We have to return to Denver next week, but made a pact that it can be anywhere other than this hotel . We were not impressed...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

I sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Unfortunately, we were experiencing some issues with our elevators, but a technician has since been to the property and the problem has been resolved. According to our Chief Engineer, during times of high occupancy; the elevators can become overused causing them to slow down. This is definitely what happened as we were soldout during your stay with us. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I understand it must have been extremely frustrating. We certainly hope that you will give us another try in the near future!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

It's a hotel. I got a king with a balcony the room was small but clean. The room had a sleep number bed that was broken and could not be adjusted. I felt like I was sleeping on a over filled air mattress felt like I was going to roll off the bump on to the floor. Rooms a kinda pricey considering no free breakfast and lack of amenities. The feel of the hotel is that of processing cattle. Meaning, they just get you in assess your basic needs and try to get you on your way for the next guest service seemed cold and dull. But it was clean and they did provide you with what you need.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I apologize that your expectations were not entirely met during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Your comfort is extremely important to us, so it saddens me to hear that you were unable to enjoy our Sleep Number beds. Please know that we do have rooms available without them and would be more then happy to honor a request for you. We certainly hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future as we take great pride in the service we provide our guests. Again, I apologize that you were unable to experience our passion for the industry.