“Friendly Staff - Great Stay!”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #58 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Originally, I was staying at another hotel down the road (I won't name which one) and upon check in, I saw some disturbing behavior from people who I guess were guests at the hotel. I decided to leave due to safety concerns and try the Holiday Inn. Not only did they staff go out of their way to find me a room (apparently they were completely booked but had a few rooms left) but were super kind and took very good care of me. The lady at the front desk understood the situation and gave me a great rate based even without a reservation. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and shower. I would def stay here next trip to Denver as the location is near the great town center of Stapleton and close to I-70. The hotel felt safe and had a very cool lobby. The hotel is clean and well kept...Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your most recent stay at The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I am so glad to hear my staff was able to accommodate you in a quick pinch and with limited room availability! We hope to see you again real soon! Have a great day! Warmest Regards-

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We recently stayed for a week as we were in Denver for some specialized medical care. We usually do not like to eat at hotels as the food is usually sub-par to restaurants. However, the food at this hotel was the exception. Quality ingredients, well prepared and reasonably priced. A total and welcomed surprise. The wait staff on all shifts were competent and very friendly. Executive Chef Kyle credited his team and love, sure sign of a leader who was not above busing tables when the restaurant got crowded at breakfast.

Actually everyone on the staff was helpful and friendly. What kept this from being 5 stars was the heating system in the room as we could never quite get a consistent temperature without noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your most recent stay at The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. I am so pleased that you and your husband enjoyed the restaurant. Chef Kyle and his team are wonderful and they always ensure quality service. I will pass along your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Great hotel outside of Denver. Great food options near by--and hotel is well kept. We stayed here while we went skiing in Winter Park, and out in Denver for NYE...fun place! The drive to DT Denver was not too bad either..parking can be a little bit of a problem, but that was OK.

Room Tip: had a view overlooking the city..which was nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SP0208
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Denver is definitely a beautiful city and with the mountains near by, makes it an even more beautiful landscape. I'm glad you were able to explore Winter Park and stay at our property. We hope to see you in the near future! Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

The heated outdoor pool was the highlight of my stay! The new fitness center was also wonderful (although I had to report the center was out of towels and drinking cups for water). Loved the sleep number bed! Breakfast in the hotel was good. Coffee is available in the room and in the lobby in the morning (I heard as early as 4 am for early morning travellers) and was good quality and strong. All the things that are important to me were taken care of. Housekeeping was pretty good, although a little more care to remove toothpaste splashes on the mirror frame and walls could be taken. It was quite busy when we got here and could not get into the room until a little after 4:00.

Room Tip: Sounds from the people in the lobby restaurant/bar wafts up the open central corridor so higher floo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review from your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed the pool and the brand new fitness center. I'm glad to hear the important things to you were taken care of during your visit. We take great pride knowing you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to get our guests into their rooms as quickly as possible but unfortunately, during the busy times, that's not always possible and we do thank you for your patience and understanding. Hopefully the next time you are in town, we will see you again! Thank you!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel while moving our daughter from SD to Denver. It was a great location, older hotel but updated nicely. Older properties usually mean larger rooms and this was true here too. Had a great view of the mountains. Far enough from downtown to avoid congestion but still close enough to drive to to eat in the evenings. Staff friendly and efficient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Hopefully your daughter's move went well! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team including our friendly and efficient staff, convenient location for all of your leisurely needs, and view of the Rocky Mountains from your hotel room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

The rooms are a nice size with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are a bit small, but clean. We stayed here during the Western Stock Show and were very pleased with the timeliness of the shuttles to the show each day and to the airport on our last day. We had some minor issues with the breakfast buffet, but good food and service for supper in the bar area. The staff is very service oriented and did a great job in helping us to communicate with other members of our party, to find the best pizza places nearby and to line up shuttles. Having a guest laundry area was also a big plus when attending a cattle show! We will definitely plan to stay at this hotel again for next year's stock show.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
ALMansfield, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We are so glad that your chose our hotel for your visit to Denver during the National Western Stock Show. It is, by far, our favorite time of year! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team and please know that we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, both times having problems. This time, there were a lot of problems with billing and the front desk, they seem very disorganized. There was a very foul odor throughout the lobby, very strong and unpleasant. The breakfast buffet is decent, and the people working in the restaurant are very nice. They don't seem to acknowledge platinum members, which is odd for Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. Please know that I have brought your comments and concerns to the attention of my entire team, so they can be further researched and addressed appropriately. I would greatly appreciate it if you could go into a little more detail about your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me at amber.mansfield@histapleton.com.

We take great pride in the service we provide our guests, so I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you,