“Outstanding Staff and Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #51 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lawrence, Kansas
“Outstanding Staff and Great Hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I’m an airline pilot and stay in hotel rooms over 100 nights a year. I’ve stayed in this hotel frequently for business and with my family on vacations and I can assure you it’s the best all-around hotel in the area. If you decide to stay here, I can guarantee you’ll be glad you did.

First and foremost, the staff is the best I’ve ever dealt with. This includes stays at the best international hotels to budget hotels. You will not find a staff that is more friendly, or willing to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I have asked, and seen others ask, big favors and small favors of them and they have gone out of their way to make every effort to meet those requests. This isn’t an observation based on my one stay and their interaction with just me, but based on my numerous stays and their interactions with multiple guests. Sarah, the front desk manager will not just meet, but exceed every reasonable request. The staff’s friendliness alone makes this hotel an outstanding choice!

The location is great. If you need a hotel that’s in the middle of downtown, this isn’t it. If you need a hotel that’s right next to the airport, this isn’t it. If you need a hotel that’s conveniently located close to both, and everything Denver has to offer, that is a great hotel at a great price, THIS IS IT. Traffic and parking isn’t a problem like many of the downtown hotels with a very convenient underground parking garage to stay out of the snow and summer thunderstorms. Being far downtown isn’t a problem like many of the airport hotels. This location is perfectly in the middle, close to I-70, I-270, and E-470. The area around the hotel has all the restaurants and shopping you could need right across the street at Quebec Square, a short walk to 29th St, or a 2 minute drive to the shops at Northfield.

The hotel itself is one of the better Holiday Inns I’ve stayed in. It used to be a Radisson, so it still has Sleep Number beds which are very comfortable. It also has 42” HD TV’s in the rooms which are huge compared to the standard 32” or 37” TV in most hotel rooms. Microwaves and refrigerators are standard in most rooms as well. If it’s a snowy Colorado day and you don’t want to venture out, the hotel restaurant is very good. There’s a buffet for breakfast with some of the best green chili in Colorado, and a full menu available all day, but if you want the hotels best, ask Chef Kyle for my personal favorite, the Asian Chicken with Udon Noodles, a dish among the best I’ve eaten anywhere in the world.

In summary, I don’t usually write reviews about hotels even though I stay in them almost as many nights as I stay at home, but this hotel deserves an outstanding review. If you don’t travel very frequently, you may not notice a difference between hotels as long as everything goes ok during your short trip, but those of us that travel a lot know things don’t always go smoothly when travelling. When things don’t go smoothly, the key to a great trip is often a hotel staff that’s willing to go above and beyond to help. If you decide to stay at this hotel, I can guarantee this hotel staff will!

Room Tip: Request a west facing room to get an outstanding view of downtown and the mountains
2 Thank Marc H
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Marc H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your loyalty and are glad that you enjoy each of your stays with us! We love our regular guests and hope that you feel like you are a part of our family when you're here! I will be passing along your comments to all of our staff. Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I am a frequent traveler spending 180-190 nights each year in hotels worldwide. The Stapleton Holiday Inn on Quebec is my favorite hotel in Denver. Easy access to Interstate 70 and van service to/from DIA make it a great location.

The hotel has a super gym-and new. The old one was in a small room, but the new one is large and well equipped. My favorite amenity is the underground parking (free). That made a big difference during my visits from last Oct through yesterday. Yes, it snows in Denver in May!

The rooms are large, and the bed is comfortable. The rooms have Sleep Number beds.

The biggest plus for this hotel is the staff, particularly the front desk staff. Friendliness and customer service are their hallmarks.

Really, the only negative is the Internet speed. Downloading video is painfully slow, but was OK for downloading email and surfing the web.

I have stayed at this hotel over 100 times and have never had a bad experience!

Have fun in Denver!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and one close to the elevator. The elevators are on the west side so yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear RodneyL H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your business and are happy that our new, updated amenities meet your expectations. Although you have had some challenges with the internet, we are glad to make each of your stays enjoyable! Hopefully that was our last snow before summertime!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My company brings me to Denver and this hotel several times a year. First off, the rooms do what they need to do, and are reasonable. If you want flash and glamour go elsewhere. Where this place shines for me is the Lobby Customer Service. Always perfect, and smiles from all especially the ladies (sorry, I need to get your names!) working the desk in the evenings. Big shout out to Grant at the front desk, quality CS care of visitors and myself. After flying half the day and a good half hour ride from the airport, I want to get my room as swiftly as possibly. I actually look forward to checking in with these folks. Between this hotel and the DTree next door, a cookie and nicer wallpaper aren't a big enough deal. Plus this HDI has bigger and better quality in room TV's.

Room Tip: If I told you then you would probably be in my room when I return!
Dear basher52,

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We strive to provide the best customer service to all of guests as we know we are your 'home away from home!' I am so glad to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I know $500 dollars may not seem like a lot of money to some, but we were traveling on a budget and when we were checking out of this hotel we received a bill $500 over what we expected to pay. Worst part was everyone I spoke to at the hotel made this seem like this was my issue, but when they charged my credit card the extra $500 (pending transaction still forces the money to be held, but they didn't seem to care) we had no money left to get home. If they had acted like they cared about our dilemma that would have been one thing, but the error was compounded with the way we were treated. What sent me over the edge was that they said they would review my bill and send me a correct copy this morning (didn't help us get home but at least I thought they were trying), but I received a bill today for over $600 more than what we should have paid. This whole experience made me wonder if anyone at the hotel cares?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Talamantes21,

On behalf of The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton, I sincerely apologize for the financial inconvenience this put you and your team in while traveling home. I hope that we were able to rectify the situation and send you a correct invoice. You and I spoke a few times that Saturday and I hope that by providing your team lunch before the Championship game was satisfactory at the time. Your comments have been influential and I hope that you consider staying with us again to see that we do care about the feedback we receive from our guests to improve in all areas of the hotel.

Warm Regards.
Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business. It was better than I expected.

The drive to/from the airport is a little on the long side, but pretty much every hotel is a trek from Denver Airport, so it didn't bother me too much.

My flight arrived late but my room was ready without an hassles at all. The room itself was very spacious, plenty of space for all of my things, with the exception of the bathroom. There's not really a convenient place for toiletries. The sink is small and the tiny shelves are at inconvenient heights. It was a little awkward, but not terrible.

The internet at the hotel was sufficient. I was able to stream Netflix without any difficulty.

The plug outlets in the room are a little lacking. The room I had only had one outlet on the desk and a few towards the nightstand. Fine for my electronics, but when it was time to plug in the iron in the morning, I couldn't find any. It seemed that the outlets at floor level around the room were all covered. It was odd. Again though, not really a big deal.

The balcony is nice. It has been a while since I've stayed in a business hotel where I could step outside wander outside to get some fresh air without having to use an elevator. Some furniture out there would be a nice touch though... It'd be nice to sit in a little outdoor chair, maybe have a little table for my laptop... But no, just an empty balcony. Again, no big deal, the balcony itself is a huge plus, now I am just being greedy.

The bed was pretty cool. It was a sleep number bed. Perfect.

The breakfast was a little sad though. At $12, I expected a little more than what was offered. It was a pretty basic hotel breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon buffet with some breads and cereals. For $12, other hotels have a made-to-order omelet station... Not here though. It was my only REAL letdown...

All in all though, it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly without seeming fake about it and the hotel is very clean and well managed. I would probably stay again when/if I return to Denver.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jason K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We strive to provide the best accommodations during our guests stay and I am so glad we were able to meet your expectations! I will pass along your comments to the staff and hope to see you in the future!

Warm Regards.
Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I've stayed here 3 times now. I need to stay in that area, and of the choices available, the price is ok. But I arrived late evening after an exhausting travel day and an unexpected serious family illness to deal with. Check in was fast but I got to my room (6th floor), hauling quite a bit of luggage, etc., and found there were pieces of plaster all over the floor...room and bathroom. I don't know if they had been doing a repair and not cleaned afterwards, but I needed a different room. I called down to the desk and the clerk said, come down and get a key to a different room. I asked if they had anyone who could bring one up...answer was, well, she guessed she could look for somebody. I said...I'll come and get it. Got downstairs and she told me to go back up to my original room and wait for the engineer to meet me there so I could point out the "problem" in the room. I went back up...waited a while...no one showed up. Called back down to the desk and told them I was exhausted and going to the new room. Got pretty much silence in response. So I drug all my stuff to the second room (on a different floor) and was finally able to rest.
The balconies in the location still bother me. People could easily climb over the edge from one to the next. There's no way to leave the door open for fresh air and feel safe. (there are no windows...only the door to the balcony). Also the sink has no room for supplies, makeup, etc. It's a small pedestal sink.
The beds are ok, the tv is good, but there are still concerns here. I don't know if I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear IowaGirl1206,

I apologize we did not meet your expectations during your last stay at The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton. We strive to ensure that our guests experience the best accommodations during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Please know that this is not our normal practice and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be instrumental in all areas of the hotel. Please let me know the next time you are here in Denver and I'd be happy to accommodate you.

Best Regards,
Sarah Inman
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here over the Easter weekend andenjoyed a very pleaseant stay. Rooms wer nice and clean and the breakfast buffet was above average. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Museum and Zoo only about 5 minutes away. Alot of shopping and resturants nearby.We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Argeorge,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your most recent stay at The Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton! I am glad you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,