“Breakfast Buffet improvement!!!!”

Ranked #45 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lawrence, Kansas
“Breakfast Buffet improvement!!!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Chef Kyle took the breakfast buffet to a higher level this week with the introduction of Aaron, a dedicated omelet/waffle chef. In addition to his incredibly tasty blueberry waffles & delicious waffles, he brings a great personality as well.

As always, Francisco, Amy, & Alou continue to bring the best service this reviewer has experienced. Looking forward to this outstanding breakfast experience next week!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Marc H,

Thank you for writing a great review! We value our guests and am glad that the improvements we are making have been satisfactory! I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have a history with this location and I have noticed a change in the way the staff does business.
It is so important for a service industry to let the customer tell you if you are hitting the mark.
Recognition is done too far and between. We as customers find it much easier to tell anyone that will listen when things don't go well.
Kudos to the staff of Holiday Inn on Quebec.
Amy and Aaron as a food service staff have found a way to make dining a good experience. The staff is managed by Kyle under his direction the whole team has focused on the customers experience. They know this because they have touch points that gives them feedback on how their efforts are being appreciated by the customer. The end game is to want to come back, right? I'll be coming back. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear BetseyTree,

Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review!! We value the feedback we receive from our guests and hold true to The Holiday Inn culture of striving to provide the best accommodations and service. I will pass along your compliments to our entire team! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tracy, CA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament after our travel agent messed up our original plans at another hotel. So we were grateful to find at a nice, clean hotel with a very friendly front desk staff. We had a wonderful 3-night stay - my only complaint was the sleep number bed. It took us two nights to finally get it adjusted just right. It felt like we were sleeping on air mattresses - not very comfortable. Other than that, we had a nice stay here. The hotel was very clean which is my number one concern with hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear pcase,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! Though your plans were messed up at a previous hotel we are glad to have met your expectations during your stay with us! I apologize it took you a few days to find your sleep number preferred preference, but now you know for the next time you stay with us! Look forward to seeing you than!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had a great stay overall, but what really stood out to me was the service at the breakfast buffet. The servers and cooks went above and beyond the expectations of being kind to customers, and that's something that I always notice. Our room was very nice and well kept, and everything is very clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Troyeblemaker_Lilly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and I will certainly pass them along to our entire restaurant team! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chicago
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Came in for my stay in the evening, found no toilet paper or tissues in my room. Tried to call down to the front desk with no response after waiting on the phone for 3 minutes while it rang. Went downstairs to try and get toilet paper and the front desk said that it would be right up. 30 minutes later I called the front desk again, 5 minutes later it came. Frustrated with the lack of service. Breakfast was around $12 from attached restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mikkel L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. That is not our normal practice and I will relay your feedback to our Operations Team to help improve our service levels within the entire hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope that you consider staying with us again see our improvements.

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here because our friends needed to be at the airport early in the morning and the price was decent. It is an impressive sight when you walk in, there is a huge atrium that is as tall as the building. The staff was friendly enough, but the rooms are a bit small and poorly designed. The furniture and accessories did not fit the room and were strangely placed. The balcony was nice, but it overlooked loud HVAC machinery and the parking lot. The machinery was very loud, avoid the rooms in the rear on the lower levels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear yogurt777,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We appreciate your compliments about our staff and will pass along your comments. We are working to improve the hotel in different areas and hope that you visit soon to see the changes! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

breckenridge,co
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I am always amazed when I encounter front desk staff who act like hotel clients are an interruption of their work day, instead of seeing us as their job. If I wasn't checking in, you would have no job, and I don't mean that in a bad way, but really, I am not an interruption when I come to check in, so don't treat me like I am. The young lady who checked me in could not have given me less information. Room keys and pointed me to the elevator. Ok, what about parking? This is a problem as previous posters have stated. A map with the parking garage or available space at the building next door would be most helpful. My reservation says I get breakfast, don't tell me your paperwork says otherwise when I have my confirmation saying I do. I am not trying to "rip you off", and I understand people will, but don't give me the great inquisition and telling me I have to speak to your manager in the morning. I didn't have time to do so, so I skipped the breakfast entirely.

The room was fairly clean, not a big fan of the sleep number bed and this one had no happy medium, soft or hard and no in between. First day of housekeeping all towels were replaced, second day, nothing was, just dirty towels taken out. Good television channel selection and microwave and frig was nice, but could be placed in a cabinet of some type getting it up off the floor for a better presentation. I would suggest a housekeeper inspect the edges of the carpet as the dust and litter is obvious along the walls.

When I received my bill under my door the last morning, there was an error which I brought to the front desk when I left. Again, a different clerk had a big chip on her shoulder telling me it was just a "preliminary" bill and she would fix it. How about something like, " oh I am sorry, let me fix that right up for you"? It was almost like these young women are taking any requests or problems as a personal affront. No, I just need it taken care of which you should do with a little bit better attitude. As I was standing at the counter, I observed similar interactions with other customers, so I know it wasn't me, it's a training issue that should be dealt with directly and quickly.

With better management and attention to detail, this hotel could easily be above average due to it's excellent and convenient location.

Room Tip: If you have a reservation that states breakfast is included in your room rate, be sure to have your...