“Outstanding Week” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Burleson Tx
“Outstanding Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spent eight days at the Holiday Inn East in Denver while I was doing some medical testing near by. As a retired airline pilot I have stayed in my share of hotels both good and bad. This is one of the best. Even with some construction in the lobby restraunt, the hotel was quiet, clean and the staff excellent. The restraunt and bar was combined with the restraunt (Martini's) because of the construction. However there was a full menu with a breakfast buffett. The food and beverage manager (Mary Beth) was right on top of any problems or questions. She made a point to speak with each guest at one time or another. Customer service for the whole hotel was the best I have ever experienced. Thank you for a great week.

Clint Polansky
Burleson Tx.

1 Thank Clinton P
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Clinton P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and will certainly share them with our entire team! We are so glad to hear we met your expectations throughout your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here Mon-Fri as my husband had appointments at The National Jewish hospital and this hotel has a free shuttle. We had an appointment at the hospital Tuesday morning at 8:30 and when no shuttle had arrived by 8:10 inquired at the front desk whom called shuttle driver on radio and was told he was running late, the desk clerk then proceeded to call a taxi to get my husband and another couple whom were waiting there on time! Who does that? We were very impressed by this kindness and compassion shown by the desk clerk. The whole entire time we were there all the staff from front desk to the morning restaurant hostess we very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned everyday,comfortable and had microwave,coffee pot and fridge.The lobby was beautiful.This hotel has free parking garage and is right across the street from shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel for their outstanding customer service friendly staff and going above and beyond!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear TonyaW60471,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your patience with us when our shuttle was delayed, but am glad we were able to get you and your husband to your appointment on time! We are glad you enjoyed our other hotel amenities and look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second time to stay here and I'm just as impressed as I was 6 months ago. I flew in to Denver this time and used their shuttle service both to and from National Jewish Hospital and back to the airport. Shuttle drivers were kind and friendly, hotel staff was great as usual. If in the area this is a must stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Leonard J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and glad that we were able to meet all your expectations during your most recent stay with us! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Denver to receive treatment for my wife at National Jewish Med. Ctr. and we have stayed here each time. Arriving this time hours before check-in time, Sarah graciously accommodated us by storing our luggage so we could go to lunch. We were thrilled that the shuttle, driven by Tate, would take us to Northfield, then returned to take us back to the hotel! Thank you also for the special room rate for National Jewish patients.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marcy F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and will pass them along to our entire team. We are glad to of been able to accommodate you prior to check-in and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

My stay at this hotel has been consistently of high quality & great service. I have attended other business events and the staff has been great from the front desk to the restaurant/bar waiters. In particular, at the restaurant/bar which is under renovation, Luis & Courtney were both extremely friendly and made our group feel so welcome & well cared for. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: I had a great view of the United building across the street and it provided privacy & I didn'...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear R K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and will pass them along to all of our staff! Luis and Courtnaey are great assets to our team and we are so glad that we were able to meet your expectations throughout your entire stay! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Denver!

Aalborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I only spent two days here but that was enough to get a brief flavor. First, the main lobby is impressive and loos very nice even though it is currently under some construction. I did not partake in the $12 breakfast so I cannot comment upon the food. The food was not included in the cost of the room.
My room was of good size with a King, dual side Select-Number air mattress bed and the largest TV of any hotel room that I have stayed. The bathroom was a little cramped but functional.
Now for the less nice parts of the room. The sliding door did not properly seal and therefore there was a good draft of cold air. Even with the curtains drawn, the room cooled off quickly. Because of this, the HVAC cycled very often. It would turn on for about 10 minutes at a time and then would be off for about 15 minutes. This is not usually a problem except that the unit was very loud and made it difficult to watch the very nice TV. Then another minor issue was the toilet. When it was flushed, I had to jiggle the handle to stop the water running. The maids did not do this so both days when I got to the room, the toilet was running. The pleather desk chair had seen much better days. It had been used so much that it had split a couple of times. It had been repaired a couple of times as well with black duct tape; a very classy repair.
Overall, the experience was average. Nice, clean, safe, and comfortable environment. I might say here again if the price stays the same and they include the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they will be quieter than others.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear RhodesPE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. The smallest details matter and the few things you mentioned will certainly be addressed to ensure the next time you stay with us is satisfactory. Thank you again.

New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

There are not enough words to express how very pleased we were with this facility.The entire hotel and our room were clean and comfortable; however,the people are what really make this hotel special:the desk clerks,the servers in the restaurant,the housekeeping staff,&the shuttle drivers were exceptional. Everyone was so personable,genuine,caring&provided the very best service. We stayed over a week due to my husband having medical tests at a nearby clinic, and we were continually blessed by the excellent service at this hotel.We would definitely stay here again, and in fact, we sincerely hope we will. We are thankful that this is the place we chose.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SGBears,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! Your compliments are much appreciated and will be shared with our entire team! We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Denver!