“Incredible New Bar”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #61 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Just got a preview of the incredible new bar in the lobby. What a great addition to an already amazing hotel. Lots of open bar space surrounded by beetle stained pine make this bar the mountain lodge you'll never want to leave. 12 taps of Colorado specialty beers, an infused vodka program, & nightly local specials make this the place to be!

While there, Josh Reall, the night manager, will make sure everything is taken care of. The staff, above all, is concerned about customer satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to make your night perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Marc H,

Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review! Josh is a great member of our team and are glad to hear that he was able to give you a sneak-peek of our new bar! We are so excited and hope to see you when the bar opens in the next few weeks! Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

First of all, the staff are super nice and truly go out if their way. This would be the only reason I would return.

This hotel was a Radisson a few years back. It was a dump then and it's a dump now. There have been a few updates over the years. Few being the operative word.
The place is filthy. When I first arrived, the floors on the 2nd floor looked like that hadn't been vacuumed in days. There was paper and gum wrappers everywhere. I get in my room and its only a little better. I picked up the phone to make a call and decided to use my cell. The phone was disgusting. Absolutely filthy! There was a small refrigerator sitting in the corner, with an ice bucket on top- tacky. The bathroom was old and there was dried toothpaste all over the wall behind the sink. Housekeeping really does the bare minimums in this place. The room I was in looked dirty and shabby.

Then you have the neighborhood- get in your room before dark is all I can say. This area is very unsafe. I went across the street to have dinner and found myself in gangland. If you have to stay in this area, go to a hotel that's at least clean. That way when you hear gunshots, you can hide in a clean bath tub!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cemory268

Dear cemory268,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your compliments about our staff however, apologize for the housekeeping service you experienced during your stay. Please know that this is not our normal practice and that your feedback has helped target areas of the hotel that we need to improve. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future to see our service improvements.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Sara, the front desk manager is the best!!! She will go above and beyond to help you with what every you need. She is very knowledgeable and always making recommendations to help in any way. She also performs her best when she is under pressure.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank hayn1002

Dear hayn1002,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We take great pride in the service we provide and are glad we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Denver!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The woman at the front desk, Sarah was by far the most helpful customer service person I have ever met in my life! She has definitely given this holiday inn 5 stars in my book. She did everything in her power to assist myself and my roommate to make out stay comfortable

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Docsolano

Dear DocSolano,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! Your compliments are appreciated and will be shared with the team. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Adequate. I'm not a big Holiday Inn fan, I try not to be too critical and it seems as if I have stayed at several Holiday Inns lately….still not a fan. The hotel does the job and was average, perhaps a tad below average. The first experience I had when coming in from the downstairs parking garage was a man asking me for the wireless password…very odd and it was very obvious he was not a guest at the hotel. I had to continue my walk down a vacant hallway to get to the reception area- for a single it was a bit disconcerting and I felt unease. Another item that I felt uneasy about is the balcony, I usually enjoy a balcony- but these were too easy for someone to go from one balcony to another. All in all, it was an ok hotel, I can't recommend to those that security is of high concern - not sure you'll be able to sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PracticingTourist
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear PracticingTourist,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. Please know that we do have 24-hour security that will escort you the time you are in town. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My weekend stay had some kinks:

- The fire alarm went off Sunday at 7:30am. The front desk advised evacuating, but in the atrium other guests were standing around confused (it turned out to be a false alarm). I heard from staff that the fire alarm sounded another morning of the previous week.
- The room internet and business center internet were spotty. The business center's printer was down the whole weekend, though the front desk was willing to print if you emailed documents to them.
- One night, the floor's vending machine was unplugged, though it was working earlier. No "out of order" sign. Required an extra elevator ride to buy a soda.
- One section of the atrium was under construction on Friday, and the banging was audible from inside the room.

On the bright side,

+ The staff was very friendly and helpful all around, from front desk to concierge to restaurant wait staff.
+ The hotel is in a good location, within a 20 minute drive to the airport or downtown. Shopping and restaurants are across the street.
+ The hotel has a gym and a pool.
+ Free parking is included.
+ My room came with a mini-fridge, and a balcony with mountain views!

I would stay at this hotel again, because I can imagine a different stay some months from now when the fire alarm, internet, business center, vending machines would all be fixed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PopcornFlying

Dear Popcorn Flying,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the hiccups you experienced. I will certainly pass them along to my team to ensure proper communication is being communicated to our guests during false alarms, as well as ensure that all guest amenities are in working order. I am glad to hear that our staff was accommodating and you enjoyed our other amenities such as complimentary parking, pool and fitness center. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spent eight days at the Holiday Inn East in Denver while I was doing some medical testing near by. As a retired airline pilot I have stayed in my share of hotels both good and bad. This is one of the best. Even with some construction in the lobby restraunt, the hotel was quiet, clean and the staff excellent. The restraunt and bar was combined with the restraunt (Martini's) because of the construction. However there was a full menu with a breakfast buffett. The food and beverage manager (Mary Beth) was right on top of any problems or questions. She made a point to speak with each guest at one time or another. Customer service for the whole hotel was the best I have ever experienced. Thank you for a great week.

Clint Polansky
Burleson Tx.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clinton P
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Clinton P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate your compliments and will certainly share them with our entire team! We are so glad to hear we met your expectations throughout your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again!