“Good Hotel, Good Location, Not so great Sleep.”

Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Ranked #58 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Spent a night here in late Jan. 2014, Room, pool, hot tub and restaurant all are very nice.
The room we stayed in had a sleep number bed.
If you leave the heater on Auto it kicks on and off all night. Not quietly either.

The trick we finally figured out, is to put it on low and leave it. At least the noise is consistent and quite a bit softer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear bkmDenver,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the heater in your guest room. The models we have can be bit noisy, but I am glad to hear you were able to find a suitable setting. Thank you for your compliments regarding our pool area and restaurant. We continue to strive to maintain our facilities for our guests! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Staff is awesome. They had everything ready for our arrival. Had a room available for nephew even at last minute. Asked for an extra chair in the room and the brought up one with no problem. We were missing wash clothes but contacted front desk and they had some brought up right away. Breakfast buffet is wonderful. Fransico is AMAZING, remembered us from last year, always there to meet our needs. Lounge was nice and relaxing as well in the evening. Will stay again.

Room Tip: A room facing the mountains is the quietest.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We always look forward to The National Western Stockshow and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff truly wants to make each guest experience relaxing and it’s great to hear that we were able to accommodate your special request for an additional reading chair and get you additional wash clothes up to you quickly. Francisco is a great asset to our team and creates memorable friendships with our guests. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Operations Manager - Kyle will do everything possible to make your stay in the Denver area a most enjoyable experience. The front desk people - Raj - and his counterparts are very pleasant. Dave, James and Ron the drivers took you anywhere and just gave you a card to call when you wanted to return. Christina in reservations was very helpful with our rooms. I have been at the hotel twice and have been impressed that I noticed the same faces on staff. It was like visiting your family. The food in the hotel is GREAT.

Room Tip: we had rooms that adjoined so our family could relax and talk at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kyle S,

Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review! We take great pride in the service we provide and apprecite the personal compliments you gave to our associates. We truly want to make each of our guests feel like we are a home away from home,and that they feel like a part of our family. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

First impression of this hotel based on the lobby area is good. Check in was accomplished by a very pleasant young lady. If the room I stayed in was representative of the hotel in general I would not stay here again. The sleeping area was OK with a decent bed. The air conditioner/heating unit made an annoying wailing sound most of the time. The bathroom was TINY with a pedestal sink and NO COUNTER area. The tub drain was almost plugged so when I completed my shower I was standing in 5 inches of water. The inside shower curtain had some brown spots on the inside surface ???. The chair at the computer desk was tattered with some holes that had been patched with tape. The lights in the room were dim and inadequate.

On the positive side ALL the people I met that were wearing hotel employee badges were most pleasant and greeted me in passing. I ate an excellent chicken sandwich at a table in the bar area. The service people were especially nice and attentive.

My summary: This place is not the worst overall, but is in need of a serious remodel/refurbishing with more attention to maintenance issues. The price being charged for the room I stayed in was exorbitant for the actual value received.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear zzz z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value our guest feedback and appreciate your business. We sincerely apologize that our facilities did not meet your expectations. We are working to improve our facilities and hope that you consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night. The hotel is a bit outdated. The rooms are on the small side, especially the bathrooms. There is zero counter space (the sink is a pedestal). I was staying here alone, so it was adequate. If my family had been along, it would have been too small. I used a Groupon ($74), and thought that price was even too much for this place. I would have been disappointed if I had paid the full rate, which is over $100. There is a Wal-Mart across the street that was full of dodgy looking people, and the surrounding area wasn't great.
On the plus side, the front desk staff was exceptionally friendly, and the TV in the room was huge.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Doug S
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Doug S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable! We appreciate your feedback and are working on improving our guest amenities and facilities. We hope you come visit us again to see our improvements.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel does not deserve its great staff. Without exception, be it check-in or problem solving, every staff member we encountered was top notch, as many other reviewers have noted. Unfortunately however, this facility is yet another perfect example of Holiday Inn failing to meet the new standards the company itself promotes. It also underscores why guests can "never" anticipate what to "factually" expect when booking a Holiday Inn, until they actually walk through the door to check-in. This building is 40++ years old & I have stayed in it when it was branded by other hotel chains. At this age it clearly needs to be gutted & totally renovated. Instead, Holiday Inn has signed off on the owners merely using hit & miss cosmetic upgrades, rather than demanding that the property be brought up to "current" HI standards. This is a Holiday Inn that doesn't even measure up to Holiday Inn Express levels. Lots of lipstick is being put on this pig, but at the end of the day, it is still just a pig. New carpeting in the rooms, but the furniture in both our rooms look dated & worn. Tiny, low-ceiling bathrooms, which were the standard 40++ years ago. They have thrown in a new old-style pedestal sink & new toilet & re-tiled the floor & walls, & installed their new shower curtain/rack, which were already pulling out the wall in both our rooms. Neither room had a lounge chair, which is standard even in HIE properties. Asked to be moved to a room with a chair for our 4 night stay, but there is no system in place to inform front desk personnel which rooms have chairs & which do not, so they had no way of knowing. As a result, the front desk clerk sent someone to the storeroom to get a chair from their old furniture collection. I give her much credit for her efforts, but the chair delivered was definitely past its prime & needed cleaning. Old wall heating/AC vents sound like a tractor starting up in your room throughout the night, so if you are a light sleeper you won't like it. Had a sleep # bed in 1st room, & sleep # & regular bed in 2nd room. Don't know if sleep # beds were just old & worn, but they were very unimpressive in both rooms. Woodwork in lobby & public areas has had so much varnish put on it, that you can actually see where it has drained & puddled as it dripped down the surfaces. This gives some indication of the type of "quality renovation" work being done. Housekeeping knocked door at almost 8PM one evening to see if they had "forgotten" to clean the room during the day. Next night we arrived at 8PM & room was still dirty, so the property obviously lacks an organized housekeeping routine. Front desk clerk again arrived to the rescue by quickly getting housekeeping to the room, while we were served a glass of wine in the lobby. As previously stated: GREAT staff at a VERY mediocre property. Holiday Inn does their brand image a disservice with this facility. Bring it up to HI standards, or remove the name.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank smvhou

Dear smvhou,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We are working diligently to improve our guest amenities and facilities and hope you visit us again to see our improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

upon arrival our rooms were not ready and we were moved from a king view mountain room to a queen facing the street. The pillows were hard foam and the outdated furnace unit in the room blasted out heat every 30 minutes waking us up continuously. The Holiday inn was more comparable to a Super 8 or Motel 6 than to other Holiday Inn resorts. very disappointing and I would recommend staying at a different property if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nutman_FM
Sarah I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Nutman_FM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be addressed with the team to ensure that the hiccups you experienced will not be repeated for you or future guests. Thank you again.