“GREAT STAFF/DECENT HOTEL”

Ranked #95 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“GREAT STAFF/DECENT HOTEL”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Got in late and was greeted by Robert. He is definitely an asset to this hotel. He was very accommodating to me and my boys during our 3 day stay. Also dealt with Gabby & Melanie over these 3 days and they were very attentive to our needs. Only issue we had was with the A/C on the 3rd evening. It blew hot air. Room temp was 90 degrees according to the thermostat. Called the front desk and the 2 ladies informed me to shut off the window unit and only run the wall unit. We did that & it still blew hot air. We called the front desk again & they said they would try to find us a fan. They could not find a fan so we ended up shutting off the unit, opened the windows, and propped open the door to our room. By the time we went to bed, the temp in the room dropped to 80--still warm. Of course we shut the door when we went to bed, but left the windows open. Temp was fine in the morning. I thought about running to the Wal-mart across the street to buy a fan, but, I didn't want to haul it home, and I didn't think I should spend my money on a fan for their hotel room. They did adjust some off of our room rate which was appreciated. The price made the room tolerable. :) As stated before, the staff went out of their way to help us and accommodate us. Thanks for the friendly, caring service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
We do have a very caring staff we work hard to ensure our guest have a great experience here with us. We are an older hotel which is ran off a central heating unit and the weather has been so crazy here in the wonderful Colorado we have not yet changed them to cooling just yet. We do have independent units in each room that can be used to adjust the tempter in the rooms as well. This is why each responds id so important to us. I will be sure that the staff is trained better in regards to the heating and cooling units in the rooms so this can be explained to each guest so there can be less confusion and more comfort. Again thank you for your responds!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sabetha, Kansas
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for an overnight trip to Denver. Arrived at hotel in late afternoon for check in. Turned thermostat to cool and turned the thermostat down. After a while I noticed it was coming out hot. Called front desk. Was advised that she couldn't switch us rooms and that a service guy would be up shortly. She told me to open the windows. Service guy shows up and says that this particular room has a heater only, no ac, and that the thermostat runs the heater in both modes. He told me to open windows. He was very polite and did bring us a fan. So we slept with the windows open, eye level with the roof so it wouldn't be hard to break into the room.

As I walked back into the hotel, 6 hours after check in, I see 10-15 people checking in. Why couldn't they have switched our room? We were penalized for getting their at a decent time? Why book a room with inferior amenities at the same price as a fully functioning room? Will never return to this hotel.

2 Thank Jesse M
Hello,
This is unacceptable for any guess to have to experience, we have plenty of room with a/c units in them, and you should have been move right away from that room. However the next morning I offered to refund you for your stay and you did not want that, so I was happy to give you extra Best Western Reward points to add to your upcoming events. I agree the next day is a day too late, but we did try our best to compensate for your inconvenience. If there is anything else I can do to help the situation please feel free to let me know!

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Check in was great Deidra the Night manager was wonderful, room was very clean and the breakfast was one of the best we have had on our trip. Shopping was near by and this hotel had everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jj080468
Thank you for your responds we here at the Best Western Plus are very lucky to have the awesome General Manager she is a ROCK STAR to the staff as well. We are very thankful you stayed here with us and hope to see you back soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My stay was wonderful. The staff was very pleasant. The GM Kari made a point to ensure that
I was confortable and her professionalism was unsurpassed! She is a jewel. My room and the
hotel was very clean and I enjoyed my stay emensely!

Room Tip: Ask to speak to Kari the GM and she will make your stay memorable.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your responds our general manager is amazing she is always going above and beyond for the guest as well as the staff. She strives on kindness and is always making people feel comfortable, and happy. Thank you for staying with us and come back and see us!
St.paul
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This was Hotel #4 on our trip. All within $50 to $70 per night - this was the highest price and the lowest quality! Rooms were beat up, floors not vacuumed or cleaned in room or in the lobby. The non-smoking room was a smoking room. After 3 great hotels (all less expensive for the senior road trip) this was a disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hello,
I am sorry to hear that we had the lowest quality out of your stays, however we here at the hotel strive to make sure each guest has a wonderful stay. I ask that you give me a call or email to let me know what room you stayed in so I can further investigate the issues. Please keep in mind we have someone on staff 24 hours a day and if there is ever issues please make the person on shift is aware of the problem or concern, and we fix it right away. Thank you for your feedback it helps us to better ourselves.
Reviewed 16 March 2013

So I checked in on time and went to my room to shower and there was hair in the tub, which caused the tub to fill with water. I went to the front desk for help and she told me that the house keeping and maintenance man were gone and there was nothing she could do, and said they would be back at 8 am, she also told me that they couldn't move me or comp anything. So this hotel is really a toss up, for the price u would expect at least a way to shower oh and fyi they never came at 8.

1 Thank Palmon67
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
I am sorry to hear about the hair in the tube, our housekeepers have been rewarded for the cleanliness of the hotel on several occasions. I am not sure to whom you spoke who was unwilling to assist you with the issue. I would be more than happy to do something for you to fix the problems you had at the hotel, if you contact us we will make this correct for you. If this ever happens again please ask for a manager on duty, and the manager will take care of you. This is not an excuse because this is something neither you nor another guest should have to experience here with us.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We had booked 2 rooms and only 1 got entered into the system. That one room was not clean and too much outside noise. The breakfast was not well stocked. on a positive note, the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013
Tiffany G, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Hello I am sorry to hear the outside noise was too much we do have construction going on around us, and it can be noise at sometimes but it is never started before 9am and never goes later than 5pm at night. We have a big hot deluxe breakfast every morning and it is stocked on regular bases throughout breakfast. I do not know why it was not stocked, this is something new for us here, but I can assure you a manager will be up checking it every hour to ensure this is not a problem ever again. Here at the Best Western we will do whatever it takes to make your stay the best. If this ever happens again please feel free to let the desk know and we will have the breakfast stack right away.