“Love it”

Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton
Ranked #102 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I love staying here, it is close to my final destination, easy to get to and the staff is so very friendly. Will stay here on my next trip to Denver. Staff member remembered us from a previous trip. Loved the breakfast food and the space for eating. Nice to have the microwave and frig in the room, with food in the lobby area to purchase for meals in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tiffany G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much, we would love to have you back anytime. Please feel free to come see us anytime.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked a stay here last minute because I was tired from my flight and I didn't feel like heading to Lakewood when all I really needed was a room for the night and the location wasn't important. I called from the road after leaving the rental car lot at the airport and they said rooms were available.

Upon check in they tried repeatedly to get a higher rate from me. I had to be very clear, I had been quoted a better price through AAA.

The room itself was good enough, not great by a reasonable standard but I wouldn't be troubled to have to stay here for a few nights. The bed was comfortable enough, the room was clean and the t.v. had cable. Overall, I don't think I would have had much negative to say except for the bait and switch of the rate and...and this is a big AND, I WAS BILLED AND TAXED FOR A SAFE!!!!!

Let me repeat this. A safe I never used, never saw, and was never explained that I would be charged for. It was $1.50 plus tax, so while the amount isn't extreme - I think this hotel is up to deceptive practices. Is this legal??? When you consider that they did this and tried to charge me more than I was quoted I think you see a pattern start to emerge. I didn't see the charge till after I had gone and while I really wanted to call and give them a piece of my mind I really figured I would just warn others and not waste more of my time and just leave this hotel in my rearview mirror. I did tell my friend who manages hotels (in California and Texas) and she said she had never seen anything like this. If your in a pinch, by all means stay here but if you can finds something else I would recommend that. I travel a ton and businesses like these shouldn't be rewarded for pulling this kind of crap.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel that doesn't try and scam extra $ out of you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank troy mcclure

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I am sorry, the rate are always subject to changes. I hope you will come back to see us again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I knew that my stay here would be a short one as I didn't arrive until 10 p.m. and had to checkout at 3:30 a.m. However short, it was a good choice of hotel. It put me close to City Park. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient. Because I had to checkout so early, I was offered and received a wonderful to go breakfast. This was the first time at any hotel across the country that this was made available to me. The only cons: There was an unusual oder in the room when we arrived which lessened, and the other odor was more than likely coming through the air conditioner. Also the access to the room lighting upon entry could have been a bit better. Despite the little cons, this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Staff very professional and helpful, will stay at hotel again. Very close to airport and downtown Denver. Highly recommended. Excellent dinning and shopping nearby. easy access to major highways and event centers.

1  Thank Thomas R

Thank you so much for you feedback, we would love to have you back please come see us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my favorite place to stay when I visit every three weeks to Denver. Friendly and customer service orinatated staff. Fresh breakfast of eggs biscuits and gravey! Good value for the price. Not a noisy place to stay.

Room Tip: I always book the king rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

One of our favorite guest, please come and see us again soon we miss you already. .

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is in a not-so-great part of town. Pleased with the quality of the room for the price. Had a few issues with staff not being sympathetic to a situation we had come up. He made no eye contact and acted as if the situation was our fault. Room was very comfortable. Bathrooms are SMALL and I only had ONE shower where the water was hot enough to really enjoy, but overall the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel has a very accommodating staff who handled our large group extemely well. The buffet breakfast was outstanding and was kept fully stocked for large groups to enjoy. The rooms are clean and updated. There are restaurants within walking distance and the location is just minutes away from downtown Denver. This is a great choice and we will stay here again.