“over priced”

Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton
Ranked #102 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel this weekend it is very over priced and we didn't like the soap dispensers in the bathroom very inconvenient. The pool was wonderful this time of year it is out doors but was very nice the clerk was very helpful when we needed a lock smith

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara M
Kumar M, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Kumar merchant.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Cons:
-The bed sheets were worn and looked like they could really use a replacement. For example, there was a moderately large hole on the bed skirt.
-The digital clock in the room was not working.
-The TV had horrible reception. Every single channel was grainy/blurry, which made it impossible to watch anything.
-The free Wifi is very very slow.
-There is limited parking in the front of the hotel. There is parking in the back, but it looks a little shady.
- The room had a stale, smoky scent to it despite the fact that it was a "nonsmoking" room.
- During my stay, the fire alarm went off at around 5 AM, and the hotel staff did not notify/alert their guests of whether it was a false alarm or not. There was no mention of what happened at all.

Pros:
- The hotel is located in a decent area. There were a lot of stores across the street.
- The free breakfast in the morning offers some good variety.

Overall, the hotel was a little pricey considering the poor room quality that is offered. I would not recommend this place to anyone who has to stay more than a night in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A T

Thanks for your feedback, Sorry we couldn't meet your expectation.

Please call me directly to make it right for you..

Thanks
720-357-7960.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is old and smells damp and musty. Construction of drywall was going on in some rooms. Lot of dust behind furniture pieces. 2 types of stains on duvet covers. Complained and offered a different room. We requested clean bedding for the next night and when we came back it had not been changed. Don't fool yourself, this hotel does not deserve an excellent rating. Below average. Staff doesn't care , they offer apologies an k ow you will be on your way.

Room Tip: Inspect before you pay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kumar M, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I am sorry we couldn't meet your expectation, Please accept my apology.

Kumar Merchant
Principal.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was in Denver overnight for a concert, and we stayed at this place because it was close to the venue. There were some little problems with the room; just stuff like the bathroom fan and light being controlled by one switch, the fridge was kinda noisy, no big deal. The beds were pretty hard, though. And the bathroom wasn't super clean. But the biggest problem was, I suffer from anxiety and, especially, an irrational phobia of fire alarms. Upon checking in, I decided to try and move past my fears for the night. We got back from the concert at around 1:30 AM, and I was miraculously anxiety-free. However, at around 5 in the morning, I heard the dreaded sound of the fire alarm coming from the hallway. It stayed on for about five minutes, and nobody evacuated. I had panic attacks for the rest of the early morning, and when we checked out, the people at the front desk didn't mention anything about the alarms going off.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel lobby was clean and the room was exceptionally clean. The beds were vary comfortable. The room was much nicer than the lobby's appearance. It was a very close drive to downtown. The parking was free and close the the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Best Western you will find is quite conveniently located to get one just about anywhere in Denver with no problems. It was one of the nicest Best Westerns I've stayed in so far in my travels. If one is planning to see the Maya exhibit, there in Denver until late August, as I drove my new Lexus hybrid to Denver, I had absolutely no problems getting there. The Museum of Natural History and Science gave excellent directions to get there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently stayed here for three loooooong nights.

The area is nice, right across the road there are shops and restaurants but this hotel is not nice. It's a lower quality Best Western. Could have been cleaner, could have been dirtier. They attempted to update the rooms and failed. It's loud.

But then there's the staff. WOW. Badness. It took 30 mins to get checked in. It was freezing in my room and there were no temperature controls!! There was a disabled wall unit and a weird window unit installed near the floor that had a heater function. I turned it up full blast and it was not able to heat the room because it automatically shut off after about 30 seconds of use. It was so cold I wasn't able to sleep. I asked the front desk if there was some secret temperature control that I was missing and he had no idea. None. And he didn't offer to help except to say "I don't know how to heat the room."

Next day I walked down the hallway toward my room and the entire hall was completely, totally saturated with pot smoke. I actually have to pass drug tests to keep my job so I went to the front desk and told him about the pot smoke. I AM NOT KIDDING, I AM NOT exaggerating. His response was "Is that a problem for you?" I pointed to the hotel's "Absolutely no smoking policy" and retorted "isn't it a problem for YOU?!" He rolled his eyes and said "What I meant is do you want me to do something about it?" I said "Yes. I'd like you to make sure your guests obey the no smoking policy." His attitude was annoyance. Stunning.

Bottom line? There's a Marriott and a Holiday Inn within walking distance of this place. Stay there, not here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Travels_a_lot530

Thanks for your feedback, please accept my apology we couldn't meet your exceptional.

Please call me directly if I can make it right for your

Kumar Merchant.