“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #70 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Fond du Lac, WI
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We reserved a room at the Quality Inn near the Denver Airport for 1 night before heading further west. It was a clean and very pleasant environment staffed with cheerful & helpful people. The rooms were spacious and quiet. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We constantly strive to exceed our guests' expectations as well as providing the best guest experience that we can provide. I am delighted that we were able to do so for you during your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed at the Quality Inn because I needed to put my wife on a flight out the next morning. It has everything you can want in an airport hotel, courteous staff, large rooms, nice beds, and of course the airport shuttle. The location of the hotel is great for the airport but it is close to nothing else. For a budget hotel this Quality Inn was much better than average in terms of amenities and the all important bed and linens. The halls and carpets are a little shabby but I guess that is why it is not $200 a night. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Big rooms, very clean. Breakfast was very good as were the breakfast staff.
The night we booked in, the desk staff told us that breakfast finished at 10, but when we went down at just after 9 all was cleared up and finished! We went down there earlier for the second morning!
Plenty of parking and easy access from Tower Road.
A welcome stay to finish a trip although a touch on the expensive side (still cheaper than Holiday Inn!)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta,Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here on first night after arriving in Denver for the start of our Wild West Trip and at the end for 2 nights before returning to Atlanta. The first night was in an end room on first floor, by a door, so was convenient. When we returned to Denver, we got there about 12:30 and our room had not been cleaned yet. We went to lunch a few blocks away and returned about 2pm. Check in time is 3pm, but we thought we could check in them. The room was still not ready and we had to wait until almost 3 to finally get to our room. The room was on the 4th floor, but there is an elevator. We were in a corner suite, huge living area with microwave, mini fridge and big flat screen TV. There was a separate bedroom with a king bed and another tv. This was a handicap accessible room, so the bathroom was huge. This was a great room to end our trip. the room was excellently decorated. There was AC in the living room and the bedroom. We did not eat the free breakfast as we had some leftovers from our long trip. We had made reservations before leaving home, so we did not have to pay more for the upgrade to a suite.

Room Tip: It is close to the airport. There are several restaurants within walking distance or 2-3 blocks away...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DLfromATL
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I don't get why, but people tend to knock nearly all of these budget hotels for their downscale amenities and lack of features, and sometimes for outdated decor or lack of cleanliness. Sometimes, certainly, the shoe fits, but this property is not one fitting those descriptions.

I know I may be damning with faint praise, but this hotel was not outdated, or dirty, or poorly run. It was, in fact, well maintained, newly updated, and had everything I needed for my (albeit brief 8-hour) stay. The airport shuttle was fairly prompt (even at 1:00 am) and easy to ride; the room was large, with plenty of working electrical outlets, a properly functioning shower and toilet, a cold fridge, a comfortable bed, quiet AC and a room key that actually worked (not a given with electronic keys in any type of property). Sure, the room was not decorated the way many would appoint their own homes, but come on -- it ain't the Taj. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. In all, I would say it's a wonderful choice for a night or two which, given its proximity to the airport, is probably the typical stay here. High marks and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I Have Been Staying At The Quality Forever, And Let Me Say The staff sevice has been on a downslide, I called to get picked up at the airport AND KIRA? KIERA? ansered the phone like it was a hassle that i was calling in the first place, I got picked up then while i was checking in, she has the same irritated/ rude attitude that she has with me on the phone, it was uncomfortable to even check in with her, I would not be posting this if it wasnt the second time i have delt with the same girl with the same unpleasent attitude. This girl is not a good fit with this (other than staff service) nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
First, I just wanted to say thank you for taking he time to review our hotel. Second, I do want to apologize for treatment that you had received from one of our front desk agents. We pride ourselves in exceeding our guests expectations and giving them the best in customer service, and I am thoroughly disappointed that this did not happen during your stay with us. I just want you to know that the issue with the specific front desk agent has been addressed and will never happen again at our hotel. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to earn your loyalty as a guest.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My family stayed here the night before a 6am flight and based on tripadvisor reviews, we thought this would be great. Sadly, it wasn't. Unfortunately, I can't recommend this hotel.

The main reason we wanted to stay at an airport hotel was to be close to DIA for our 6am flight. When we checked in, we were told that the hotel shuttle was "full" and the closest time for us to fit in was at 3:40AM. That is about 80 minutes earlier than necessary and we asked the front office for assistance in an alternate form of transportation. They were unhelpful and didn't seem to care much. I ended up booking a cab for $30. The cab driver asked if the hotel was paying for the cab since they generally pay if their shuttles are full. But, this is not the Quality Inn DIA's policy.

The hotel was inexpensive, but this is a case where you get what you pay for. In addition to not being able to count on the shuttle, the place was worn down and mediocre.

Following my trip, I emailed the general manager to inform her of what happened to us so she could consider if she wanted to reimburse us and also coach her staff more effectively. She didn't reply to my email so apparently her concern about customer satisfaction is not evident.

My kids and we regretted this last hotel of a great trip. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank L S
Josh R, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you very much for your honest feedback in regards to your stay at our hotel. I do want to extend my apologies that you had this kind of experience at our hotel. Feedback from our guests allows us to make necessary improvements to ensure our future guests do not have similar experiences. While the capacity of our shuttles is something we cannot really change, we did add additional time slots to our schedule so that guests do not have the same experience that you had. I do hope that one day you will give us another chance to earn your loyalty as a guest.