The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$195
US$166
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$140
Hyatt.com
US$126
US$100
US$464
US$333
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$317
US$143
US$293
Hotels.com
1,834 results
All reviewshigh teaship tavernhistoric hotelcigar barpalace armsstained glass ceilingpiano musicturn of the centuryturn down servicemodern amenitiesroom servicestreet mallbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingcorner roomdenver areaatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stayed in May 2011 and arrived late a night after a very long day travelling. Reception staff very unhelpful on check in. Room 'dated' and noisy not up to the standard expected from the prices. We were moved the next day to a larger room but very reluctantly by the reception staff. Would not accept UK visa debit card although this worked perfectly well in various restaurants and shops in Denver. Not geared up to international travellers.
Pros - Cigar Bar was great but curtains could do with a clean. Front hall lobby awesome.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Ryan P, Front Office Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Brown Palace.

The Brown Palace takes great pride on providing the best updated accommodations and flawless service to every guest we have. I sincerely apologize as it seems we left you with a underwhelming impression and that is truly not our intention.

We do except the UK Visa debit card and I will gladly review with our staff to ensure there are no further questions regarding our acceptable forms of payment for our international guests. I have also inspected our outlets to ensure they are both comfortable and clean.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Brown Palace and your experience has not completely compromised your faith with us.

Best regards,

Ryan Pratt
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Review is based on my overall experience for one night around the holidays. My "Average" rating might be too tough, but "Very Good" seemed too high. 3.5 is better suited.

Lobby is beautiful and I found guest check-in to be extremely pleasant. Room decor is what you'd expect from a historic hotel (I'm not typically a historic hotel kind of guy) - although I found my room to be comfortable. Bathroom was small but functional. I did like the updated "full body" fixtures in the shower.

For dinner I dined at the Ship Tavern ... this experience was less than satisfactory. OK ... it's a "tavern", but the seating was VERY uncomfortable and really packed tight! I ordered the Fish & Chips believing that it would be a "signature" at a place called Ship Tavern. Wrong! The fish was heavily battered and had virtually no flavor. No amount of malt vinegar or salt could bring out the flavor. Accompanying chips were fine. OK ... I've had bad meals before, but the staff was initially somewhat indifferent to my bringing this to their attention. In the end they did buy me another Chimay which was thoughtful.

Would I go back? I would, but my expectations might be a tad lower and it would have to be at a decent rate. Location is very good and the holiday decor was very nice.

One more note ... the hotel has a reputation of being haunted. No biggie ... I think that's kind of cool. Prior to this stay I have never had a paranormal experience, but was awoken by what sure sounded like someone breathing in my room at 3am. Not making this up, and I'm certain I was awake. Interesting ....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We are glad you were able to visit The Brown Palace during the holiday season when the Atrium is festooned with elegant holiday decor. I am also pleased to read that our staff provided you with a warm welcome to the hotel and that your guest room was comfortable.

It was quite disappointing to learn, however, that the fish you received at Ship Tavern was lacking in flavor and overall quality. I have shared your feedback with our culinary team, which will be most useful as we continuously strive to offer our guests the best dining experience possible.

I would also like to apologize for any disturbance that may have caused you to wake in the night. Please be assured that no paranormal activities have been confirmed at the hotel.

I regret that we failed to provide you with the overall experience you were anticipating and should have received. We remain hopeful that you will allow us an opportunity to deliver a more memorable stay in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is an older hotel...but well maintained.

Pros:
Great Location, Nice ammenities, comforable beds, nice bathrooms, bottled water provided daily, Keurig coffee maker, clean rooms, great customer service.

Cons:
Older hotel, slow elevators, dated rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us at The Brown Palace.

We're very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay overall, and that you especially appreciated our convenient location in downtown Denver, the amenities in your guest room and the professional service from our staff.

I am sorry to learn you experienced a delay with the elevator service and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will be sure to investigate further to ensure the elevators are working properly.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Nice hotel in a great central location in downtown Denver. Amazing cigar bar, but room decor is stodgy and dated.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your experience at Churchill's. Our sophisticated cigar lounge is quite popular and unique to downtown Denver offering an extensive menu of single-malt scotches, small-batch bourbons and premium spirits and wines along with a selection of over 60 cigars from our customized humidor.

I was disappointed to learn, however, that the decor of your guest room did not meet your expectations. We are grateful for your feedback, which is our best resource for improving upon our services.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This was our first trip. It was snowing so we got around with taxi`s which was easy and not as expensive as it sounds.
The restaurants are all good with different syyles of dining available.
It is an historical place from the art deco era with lots of history that was there before it became a hotel.
It is so beautifully done with all of the staff friendly and so willing to help.
We would go back!

Room Tip: There is no particularly good view since the 9 story Hotel was built before the building got taller.High Tea,Shopping nearby and very good restaurants
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank wahine1
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon!