“Very romantic stay!”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is such an elegant/romantic hotel! Love to stay here and enjoy their high tea. It is always fun to walk downtown--there is always something fun going on.

Room Tip: We bought a package that included robes.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

We are delighted to know that you had a truly romantic and memorable experience with us recently.

The Brown Palace is the perfect destination for couples seeking a romantic getaway in the heart of the city, complete with luxurious amenities and lavish pampering by our staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of providing you with another retreat in the near future!

There are newer reviews for The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We recently celebrated my parents 60th wedding anniversary. My wife and I took them to the Brown Palace, a historic Denver Landmark, for a special surprise. We booked a room for them, and one for my wife and I. We were met promptly at the curb, our car was whisked away, and our luggage beat us inside. We were treated to a glass of champaign each at registration. The staff, and atmosphere was beyond our expectations. The courtesy car driver, Lee was proffesional, and treated us royally, as did the entire staff. It was a night to remember, and cherish. I would highly recommend this luxury hotel to anyone visiting the Denver area. It is truly one of our town's treasures. This was my second stay at "The Palace", and will not be my last, even though I live here. By the way, you have to see this, even if you don't stay. Magnificent architechture and decor, and check out the history of this landmark. Jeff Sund

Room Tip: I've stayed in higher floor suite, and lower floor. No complaints of either.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
BPRestaurants, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

“Night to remember and cherish”,” treated like royalty”,” beyond expectation”
We cannot thank you enough for rewarding our services, architecture and décor with these fine words. Thank you for allowing us to be part of celebrating your parent’s special occasion. Since you are living here in Denver, I hope we will see you soon for a glass of Champagne talking some more of the Brown Palace history. Sincerely, Thomas Gutmann

Reviewed 30 January 2012

It had been years since I stayed at The Brown Palace, so on a recent trip to Denver I was skeptical that the hotel would live up to its reputation. It did. Though I believe I may have had one of the smallest rooms in the hotel, I still enjoyed my stay thoroughly. Service was excellent and the details are NOT overlooked!

One reviewer found the room furnishings "dated;" I couldn't disagree more. The style was consistent with the overall decor of the property, which is historic, but the traditional decor is fresh and elegant. It was lovely. And while the size of my queen room was adequate for me (and hubby too when he joined me later), the bathroom was hilariously small. Like most women, I tend to travel with a lot of gear (more than I should) and much of my gear had to be stored on the floor. I literally could not turn around without bumping or knocking something. I know many smaller rooms in historic properties are like this, but when making a reservation, you may want to inquire about the availability of a room with a larger bath. But most importantly, the bathroom was sparklingly clean and well appointed, as was the rest of my room. Perhaps the smaller room and bath was due to the special rate I got. (I got quite a deal so I didn't expect the the top room in the hotel).

Due to the location of my room-- on the third floor next to a small conference room, it was a tad noisier than I would have liked in the mornings. I thought about complaining and requesting to be moved, but I was very busy with meetings during the day and didn't want to hassle with a move. Next time I will pay more attention upon checking in.

Now- be sure to take advantage of the entertainment! The lobby bar features a pianist each afternoon and a jazz quartet on Fridays. And in the evenings you will should make sure to visit the Tavern to enjoy the piano bar. Hubby and I hung out in there late one evening enjoying the incredibly talented pianist playing Cole Porter, Sinatra, Gershwin. (I think his last name was Kite?) Don't miss it.

I will be traveling to Denver again soon and I will be booking The Brown Palace. With the service, the elegance and the quality-- not to mention the excellent rate I got-- it's my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beachy-blondey

Thank you for revealing your Brown Palace experience. We do have over 12 different room types, with diverse features in view, location, size, décor and theme which can be tailored to your preference. The ensemble of musicians here at the Brown Palace would like to extend their gratitude for speaking so highly of them and their talents. We are looking to welcome you back soon. With Best Regards, Thomas Gutmann

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My third visit to the Brown Palace, and as usual, it's excellent. I like the old-style elegance in the lobby and atrium, and the service is superb. Even the parking attendants take the time to know your name when they deliver your car. It would be nice to have free Internet in the rooms, but they do have free wi-fi in the lobby if you want to connect there.

Room Tip: Hotel was built in the 1890s, so some rooms are a bit small. Ask about room size when you reserve.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Ryan P, Front Office Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I truly appreciate the feedback.
The Brown Palace makes every effort to familiarize our staff with our repeat guests and it is great to see that it has had an impact on your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Ryan Pratt
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is simply magnificent with an incredible lobby. I had a chance to speak with the hotel historian and learned some really great things about the hotel.

I was part of a conference so experienced food and meeting rooms, all of which were lovely. But also experienced the spa, which was fantastic. They really take great care of you and make sure to arrive early so you can relax and take advantage of the steam room.

I also took afternoon tea in the lobby and it was so delightful. There was a pianist playing quietly, wonderful tea and yummy finger sandwiches and desserts. I felt very decadent but it was worth the splurge.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank anamcara1004

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am very pleased you were able to get some additional information regarding the history of The Brown from our historian. Being continuously opened for over 120 years there are many great stories from our guest we have had the opportunity to serve.
It’s great to hear you were able to visit a few of our outlets here on property. I will gladly communicate your kind words to our staff.
Thank you again for you feedback.
Director of Front Office Operations
Ryan Pratt

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Brown Palace Hotel was a very charming and elegant hotel. The moment you pull up to the hotel, the valet greets you and a doorman is there to assist you into the stunning lobby. The open lobby goes all the way to the top of the hotel, with a stained glass ceiling. A massive and absolutely stunning crystal chandelier is suspended from the stained glass ceiling. Many guest rooms surround the lobby via a balcony where you can see the afternoon tea served daily in the lobby. Our guest room was very large yet cozy, with antique style furniture, a large closet, an entry hall and beautiful bathroom. We had dinner in the bar/restaurant, Ship Tavern, and it was great food and a fun atmosphere. We also had the Sunday brunch, which was a great value and very good food. The hotel is also a very short walk to the 16th Avenue Mall, which has lots of restaurants and a mall. We would love to stay at the Brown Palace Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the main lobby.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

We are most pleased to know you enjoyed the comfort and decor of your guest room and the view down into our Atrium Lobby. The Atrium was the first of its kind when the hotel was built in 1892, and it still holds the same grandeur and mystique today for everyone who sees it.

Thank you for also taking the time to share your memorable dining experiences at our natuical-themed restaurant, Ship Tavern, and the elegant brunch at Ellyngton's.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Top of the Brown rooms are the best. Such a quite hotel on the top two floors. Large suite a MUST! Room serv ladies are amazing. The older Hispanic lady who works morning room serv is a delight and Enjoy her soft voice and gracious placing of all morning items I.e food, newspaper , coffee!! Large soak tub plus separate shower very well appointed

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. We are honored that our staff was able to enhance your stay with us and that our continuous efforts updating our luxurious guest rooms are not going unnoticed. We certainly hope to welcome you back at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa.
Sincerely, Thomas Gutmann