“Our favorite hotel!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Suwanee
“Our favorite hotel!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2008

In our opinion there is no finer hotel in the country. I love the elegance, the location, the lobby but nothing compares to the service. From the moment you walk through the door, you feel like royalty. Every staff member we interacted with seemed committed to service of the highest quality. No detail was overlooked. I would go out of my way to stay at the Brown.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Polish first
washington, dc
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My mother and I traveled to Denver for a long weekend as vacation. We didn't stay at the Brown Palace (though I would have loved to) but we did hit up the spa one morning to relax.

I typically go to Elizabeth Arden back home and thought the prices were comparable, but the experience much more unique in that the Brown is older, more historic, and so more memorable. The relaxation room allows you to use the sauna -- all the products you would need are available after your services -- from hair products to curling irons to paper products. It was quiet and relaxing.

I had a facial done and my mother had her hair done. Both girls were incredibly friendly and clearly enjoyed their jobs, which is always refreshing.

I would encourage you to double check your booking time and service before going as we had some confusion with that initially...but the experience was a unique one and I was glad I took a girlfriend's recommendation to check it out.

Stayed April 2008
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2008

We came back to the Brown Palace because our first experience was so great! We were not disappointed. The room was beautiful; the food excellent; the staff extraordinary. We will always stay in the Brown Palace when we are in Denver. Actually, for the two of us, the Brown is now our destination!

the Rev. R. Kenneth Wills
the Rev. Dr. E. Carolyn Wills

• Liked — Excellence in service, food, room
  • Disliked — Christmas crowds
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
Nebraska
Reviewed 8 May 2008

As always our stay at the Brown Palace was very enjoyable. The whole ambience of the hotel is amazing. They go out of their way to make your stay most enjoyable. My favorite place to eat is the Palace Arms. You won't find a finer restaurant anywhere.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2008

We are always treated like royalty when we stay at The Brown Palace. I love the High Tea

• Liked — The accomidations
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 29 April 2008

We stayed at the Brown Palace last weekend and just loved it. Boyfriend used to live in Denver and stayed at the Brown Palace as a child, but this was my first time to both the Palace and Denver. Great location, and every meal we had there was perfect. They need to work on the wine selection, but we were impressed with the port options. Loved the turndown service, and every person who worked there was friendly and helpful. The bed was large and comfy - I sort of miss it - and towels were great. Like everyone else here, we felt the shower left a lot to be desired, but it certainly wasn't the worst one I've ever had. The room and bathroom reminded me of an old studio apartment. Very clean room. Valet was very nice and helpful. There was a slight problem with my bill, but that appeared to be the only issue. Not quite sure it was worth the expense but am still pleased and will stay there again.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Confusion on what the booked package included
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Suburban Chicago
Reviewed 28 April 2008

I like to stay at vintage hotels once in awhile and had the chance while visiting a college in Denver. Hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport and while you pass through a part of town that is kind of questionable, the hotel itself is in a good area, close to the 16th St Mall and "LoDo", which is the "hip area" is, e.g. restaurants, shops, etc. No problem checking in at all. Had a room w/2 queen beds and a small desk area on the side. Room was very clean and comfortable. Had no problems w/hot water. Ate at the casual restaurant and had a superb steak and crabcake appetizer. Breakfast was good, a bit expensive but good with excellent service. Would stay again no second thoughts/

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — nothing