“Classic Elegance From a Venerable Hotel”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Long considered the most prestigious hotel in Denver, the Brown Palace continues to provide great service and good value. My room was welcoming and perfectly equipped. The bathroom was to die for. I arrived in late afternoon and wanted to see a sold out performance of the Denver Symphony that I had tried unsuccessfully to get a ticket for. The concierge was able to get me a ticket, which may have just been pure luck, but success is its own virtue.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard A
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Richard,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience. I was delighted to hear that our Concierge were able to provide you with your request for Symphony tickets. I look forward to sharing your gracious comments with our team and we look forward to serving you in the future.

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Treat yourself to the best. A late lunch, an early cocktail, mid afternoon coffee or a Christmas Eve dinner.
Plan time to stroll thru the lobby and look at the rich interiors. Go back in time
With a visit to this historic hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Michael,

Thank you for your review of The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We are proud to be your destination of choice in Denver and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The rooms are wonderful, both bed and bath. Terrific job bringing a classic hotel up to contemporary standards. Staff is friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable. Central Denver location is perfect for my business needs.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room on the Ship Tavern end of the building
1  Thank davejoan1810
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dave,

Thank you for staying at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the kind words regarding the updating of the hotel.

On behalf of all of us here at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is an historic hotel and includes all you expect would come from this style of hotel – from a great concierge to a large and open lobby.

I actually made contact with the hotel while in transit in order to get a recommendation for dinner and arrange a reservation. I received email confirmation of my reservation 5 minutes later and the recommendation proved to be exceptional.

Check in was quick and easy and a porter helped me with the larger than normal luggage I was transporting.

The room was quite spacious and well appointed.

The beds were very comfortable and the duvets and pillows of good quality.

Internet was wireless and free and there was a good desk to work at.

The ironing board and iron were not good quality but they did the trick.

The TV and coffee machine were both great.

The bathroom was spacious, clean and had a great walk-in shower and heated floors.

I did not have the chance to eat at the hotel’s restaurants.

All in all, a great stay and I would recommend.

1  Thank Seafoodtraveler
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I frequently travel to Denver and thought it might be nice to stay in the Brown Palace since it is close to our office. I enjoyed staying there several years ago.
I have stopped by twice and called several times to check on corporate rates for weekly stays. The manager is never around but they gave me his direct number to call. I've left a few massages but they must have more business than they can handle because the manager has never returned a call.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank TheElanman
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for staying at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We know how valuable and precious your time is and we truly appreciate your willingness to share your insight and experiences with us.

We strive hard to meet the needs and expectations of all our valued guests and are disappointed when we fail to do so. It was very disconcerting to learn that several employees failed to provide you with the quality service we are known for. I have reached out to the sales department who take care of corporate rates and have let them know about your issues. If you would like to discuss further please have the main line direct you to the executive office and we will get you in contact with the right person.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Brown Palace is a traditional historic hotel (now owned by Marriott). It is very special - large beautiful lobby that serves a traditional tea each day. Some of the rooms are small and oddly shaped but others are large and beautiful (different options when you reserve). Good location - a block to the downtown tram - easy access to all downtown.

Room Tip: the least expensive rooms can be pretty small - I think some may even have queen beds so keep that i...
3  Thank Lauren H
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. Please know that we appreciate you making us your favorite hotel destination in Denver. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's a wonderful experience the first time you set foot in The Brown Palace. Wow, it's like stepping back in time. So much nostalgia, and fantastic old fashioned service to go with it. My husband and I stayed at The Brown for 4 nights. I actually found it hard to leave, even to go out to sightsee. It's such an oasis, I actually felt like I was on an voyage from a bygone era as opposed modern time poor air travel. Loved the fact that the water is from the Hotel Spring. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. Also it was such a lovely touch when going to the restaurant for breakfast each morning, the staff would call us by name. The cigar lounge is amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the piano music drifting up from the lobby each afternoon and evening. If We ever come back to Denver, it will be a thrill to stay again. Well done to the team, don't ever change.

Room Tip: 6th Floor and up
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple