“Love the Brown Palace”

GreenLeadersGold level
Arizona
“Love the Brown Palace”
Reviewed 1 October 2008

The Brown Palace is always an incredible experience. The service is exemplary at all levels, the hotel itself is beautiful and well-kept, the rooms are exquisite and comfortable. This time we availed ourselves of the Spa, which was also a treasured experience. Cocktails at Churchill's is always a delight.
Kudos, as always, to the staff and management of the hotel. Well worth the money.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Polish first
sarachasea
Reviewed 19 September 2008

I have stayed here the past several years traveling on business for a conference. I love this hotel.

The location is fantastic - walking distance to both the 16th St mall and Denver Convention Center. They also have a concierge car that will take you places downtown for free (for tips). The lobby is quite beautiful, as is pretty much the whole hotel. Due to it's historic nature, I have to say the rooms are smaller than you would expect, especially if you are in a Queen room, but this did not bother me at all. I think they also allow dogs, which I thought was pretty cool.

In response to some of the other review saying they felt they were treated snobbily, I have to disagree. I am a 25 year old female who travels on business fairly often. When I fly, I don't dress up and I look young for my age anyway, so when I check in, I often look like a teenager coming in alone. I have always been treated very well and respectfully by all the employees, just as if I was a middle aged businessman with an expensive suit. I have never felt out of place at the Brown Palace, even though much less expensive hotels have indeed made me feel this way.

The hotel itself is quite expensive -- wireless internet has a daily fee (though they have a free business center), and room service or the restaurants are pricey. For such an expensive place, I kind of think internet should be included, but that's just me. I found the food to be quite good. I also went to the spa, which was also on the pricey side, but was one of the better spa experiences I have ad -- very professional and luxurious.

In general, I find the luxuriousness and especially the location of this hotel to be quite worth the price and I have really enjoyed staying here.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — pretty pricey
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 14 September 2008

This hotel was a wonderful nights stay. The staff was consistantly attentive and friendly. I felt like I a Queen! The hotel spa was a relaxing retreat. And, again the staff was attentive and friendly. The common areas were always checked and kept in clean tidy order. We had dinner in the Tavern, again - perfection! On Sunday morning they serve a fabulous champagne brunch in Ellington's. It was fit for a King. In closing I would recommend experiencing any portion of what this hotel has to offer - you will not be disappointed. Whether it be just a mani-cure / pedi cure to a full night stay with dinner and breakfast.

• Liked — The friendly and attentive staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
boulder
Reviewed 5 September 2008

They were great! Awesome service and great facility! I will def. go back again and spend more time at the brown palace. I fell asleep 3 times during the massage...the perfect get away!

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank relax123
California
Reviewed 4 September 2008

My friend and I stayed for three nights in a Top of the Brown room with two Queen sized beds. Well worth the slight cost difference. Lovely room, fabulous service, absolutely the most comfortable beds, daily complimentary spa gifts...just amazing. This hotel is so beautiful, it was fun to walk around and just look at everything. Turn of the century elegance with up to date amenities. Completely top of the line.
We had room service for dinner twice and the food was excellent as well.
The 16th street outdoor mall was close walking distance, and St. Lukes(reason for visit) was very close by and an easy drive as well.
I'm trying to make a reason to come back and visit soon!

• Liked — luxury and class...the bed was fanatastic too
  • Disliked — Had to use valet parking, but that was fine too ultimately
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
San Fraincisco, California
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Room was very clean, modern, well appointed and quiet. Hotel lobby areas are old world elegant and very relaxing. Breakfast in restaurant was great. The hotel location is perfect as it is in the heart of downtown. I have stayed several times and each time is the same. The Brown Palace is my first choice in Denver.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank JKLDad
Colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Went to the Brown Palace in Denver for my birthday brunch and received top notch service. We live 1.5 hrs away and had to take the dogs to Denver and were worried, but the Valet Parking attendant offered to give the dogs water and park the car close so they could keep an eye on our Yorkies-great! The food was fabuluous from the king crab an sushi to the omlette staion, champagne mimosas, roast beef and pork cutting station- could go on and on! We try to visit the Brown twice a summer and are never disappointed in the quality of service and the wonderful food. My wife and I plan on going back in September to catch a show and make a romantic weekend out of our stay.

Stayed August 2008