“High Tea at the Brown is AMAZING”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

High Tea here is fantastic! The sandwiches, scones and pastries are by far some of the best I have ever had. The ambiance is gorgeous, our server Isaac was very attentive, and we had a wonderful time. HIGHLY recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Seldom does any establishment deliver on all fronts. This one does!

We spent our 35th Wedding Anniversary weekend here last week. upon arrival , we received an upgrade to the Top of the Brown room~ very lovely and quite large. Housekeeping delivered a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries with a note from the managment welcoming us to the hotel!

This hotel is the nines & the florals are amazing. They have their own flower shop across the street. It shows! The bell service trots back & forth delivering bouquets to the restaurants, lobby, atrium & guest rooms. This is one fine oiled machine.

Drinks in the Atrium were beyond classy. Beautiful Music in an awesome setting. Piano is the afternoon for Tea Time & a Jazz quartet in the evenings for cocktails 4-8:00 PM.

Every one that works here is a gem & really seem to truly love their job. It was so refreshing to see so many cheerful faces! This hotel is not stuffy, just extremely classy.

We ate two meals at the Ships Tavern. Don is a standout waiter~ friendly & knowledgable and first rate. The French Onion Soup is some of the best I have ever had~ including Paris.
My husband loved the burgers~ ordered one twice. Great mixologist that pours a mean Jack Daniels~ Ask Don to chose your Beer flights for you~ Remarkable!!

We took the hotels historic tour (Wednesdays & Saturdays at 3:00 PM) ~ Free for hotel guests. Just drop an email to the concierge to reserve in advance.

The hotels location is prime. Close walk to16th Street Mall area & to the Immaculate Conception Cathedral. The hotel has a courtesy limo that will take you to any location within 5 miles of the hotel. Friendly & courteous drivers and a posh car. We never got our car out of the Valet.

I read a review about taking a night light. Excellent advice. There is a mini frig in the room for snacks & drinks. The Brown has their own artisian well so the water is crisp & clean! Great Coffee machine.

I usually write in a pros & cons format ... but there were no cons at this hotel. I would return in a heartbeat.

Nary a glitch in this weeknd getaway!

Most highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Bink51,

First and foremost let me congratulate you on your 35th anniversary! We know that you many choices when picking a hotel to celebrate such a memorable time and we are honored that you chose us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and we are very grateful for the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. Our employees love ensuring that our guests enjoy a true Brown Palace experience and I look forward to sharing your generous comments with all the departments you mentioned.

Once again congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Managing Director

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for quick drinks and macaroons. Any excuse we can use to stop or stay at the brown we will do so. Marcel and his staff run an amazing well kept property. Shelly in the cedar bar is worth a trip to meet, she is a Gem! Always exceptional service in every department. I heard they were bought recently by a private firm, so excited, I hope they keep what makes the Brown, the Brown....it's the staff!! Look forward to stopping by for drinks and brunch soon.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Dgojen,

Thank you for the kind comments and your loyalty to the Brown Palace. We agree that unquestionably our staff is our greatest asset. I will reach out to Shelly's manager and let them know that her service is appreciated. We look forward to serving you again soon and please let us know if we can assist you with anything your next time around.

The Managing Director

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was amazing! We had the basic room but it was very nice! The lobby is the best part of this historic hotel, piano being played it really felt like we were in the roaring 20's! Oh and the location is 1 block from everything!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on top floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rossSavannahGa
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear RossSavannahGa,

Thank you for staying at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We know that your time is valuable and we appreciate your willingness to share your insight and experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I will make sure I reach out to our lobby musicians and let them know how much you enjoyed the atmosphere they create.

It would be an honor to welcome you to the hotel again!

Managing Director

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed two nights at the Brown Hotel and attended a conference there last month. The hotel itself is historical and beautiful. My king room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I loved having a ceiling fan in my room as well. Housekeeping also did a fantastic job each day. The doormen and front desk personnel were always helpful with anything I asked. The one issue I have with the hotel, and what kept me from giving it 5 stars, is that the hotel charges $13/day for internet service. I find this ridiculous when I'm already paying $270/night for a room. No hotel in this day and age, especially one that hosts conferences, should be charging extra for internet service.

I had one lunch in the Ship's Tavern which consisted of crab cakes and seafood chowder. Both were delicious. Lunchtime was busy and since I was by myself, the waiter even thought enough ahead to try and get my order in ahead of the other larger tables in the restaurant. Great service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zihuatcat
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I just got back from my most recent stay at the Brown Palace, and it never fails to make me leave with a smile on my face. I have been staying here for a little over 13 years now and won’t even consider staying anywhere else in Denver. Of course it’s an amazingly beautiful building, with all of the perks one would expect with a hotel of this caliber; however it’s the staff that truly sets The Brown Palace apart from anywhere else I have ever stayed. From the moment of pulling up in front and seeing Leroy out front it just feels like home. He always greets me with a hug and a smile and that just sets the tone for the rest of my stay.

I have always stayed on the 8th and 9th floors, as they are a bit larger, and have a bathtub that I can actually stretch out in. The bedding is amazingly soft and beds are very comfortable. The rooms on these floors have not been re-decorated at least in my time staying here, however they have taken extra care to make sure that everything is very clean and nothing looks too terribly warn. I needed some help finding a couple of restaurants downtown as well as to get some info on local events and Vince at Concierge was amazing. After first meeting him every time I saw him the rest of the weekend he made a point to stop and say Hi with a smile. This is the type of staff that sets this hotel apart from all others.

I usually take advantage of room service, and this trip was no different. Anything you order off the menu will be amazing. The quality of food, even off of the late night menu is better than anything I ate all weekend anywhere else in Denver. I am usually tempted to just not leave the room between the amazing food, stellar staff, and beautiful surroundings. There are no words to describe the level of service and love that goes in to this establishment from all levels. This is why I will only stay at the Brown Palace when I am in Denver.

Room Tip: 8th and 9th floor have a little larger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean F

Dear Sean,

Please know that we appreciate your ongoing loyalty to The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa and are proud to be your destination of choice in Denver.

I was delighted to hear that our team always provides you with exceptional service and that they make you feel like a part of our family here at the Brown. Our employees are unquestionably one of our greatest assets and I will make sure I reach out to both Vince and Leroy and let them know how much you appreciated their service.

I know how precious time is and we value your insight and your willingness to share your hotel experience with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Managing Director

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were in town for a conference and stopped by the brown palace hotel for dinner at the ship tavern. Dean was our waiter and was absolutely incredible! He knew the menu and was able to articulate the options wonderfully. He was so attentive and never let our glasses get half way down. He had a smile the entire time and made our meal so enjoyable!
Best server in Denver!!